HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll #17

View Poll Results: #17
Mitch Gaulton (D) 14 19.18%
Tom Pyatt (F) 42 57.53%
Tomas Kundratek (D) 5 6.85%
David Skokan (F) 2 2.74%
David Kveton (F) 6 8.22%
Justin Soryal (F) 4 5.48%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Pyatt @ 17
Skokan @ 18
Kondratek @ 19
Gaulton @ 20

Rest of the top 20 for me.
think that might be mine, also.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 09:01 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Also.

Are people ****ing ******** me with the "add Lafleur" stuff?

Why would we want that disaster anywhere on our top 20?
Well, I said to add him, but I wouldn't vote him ahead of any of the other players already on the list. The guys that we have now will take us up to Prospect Poll #23, at which point I might vote for Lafleur. Is that unreasonable?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Well, I said to add him, but I wouldn't vote him ahead of any of the other players already on the list. The guys that we have now will take us up to Prospect Poll #23, at which point I might vote for Lafleur. Is that unreasonable?
Yes! I mean, I WATCHED the kid. I understand that most people here are stats goers with the CHL kids but even if you follow the stats I have no clue how he could possibly be mentioned.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Laff4

Quote:
Yes! I mean, I WATCHED the kid. I understand that most people here are stats goers with the CHL kids but even if you follow the stats I have no clue how he could possibly be mentioned.
You watched him but when ? Benoit Allaire likes Lafleur. He was the best goaltender at the prospect Camp. Sather and Renney told him that if he's in shape at the camp he will play ahl or echl.

Laff4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:34 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

What - no mention of Zaba, our 10th best pick according to HF (12th in Leslie's last ranking)?

Speaking of HF - anyone go to our page over there any time recently? Jeez, how rarely do they update those things? It still lists the following:

Quote:
Team Strengths:
1 Many NHL-ready or near ready prospects
2 top goaltending prospect
3 Depth in 3rd/4th line forwards

Team Weaknesses:
1 Need power forward prospects
2 Lack of very high quality center prospects
3 Depth in goaltender position beyond Al Montoya
At this point I'd say at LEAST two of those are wrong, arguably three (depends on your definition of "very high quality")...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 12:18 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
I watched him, too (free QMJHL=awesome), and I saw him play some awesome games as well as some wretched games. For me, the talent I saw in the awesome games is enough to put him 24, 25 or so.

EDIT: And yes, I know the wretched games clearly outnumbered the awesome games. I'm just thinking that someone with his apparent latent talent is worthy of my vote and the end of the prospect list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Speaking of HF - anyone go to our page over there any time recently? Jeez, how rarely do they update those things? It still lists the following:
I actually forgot for an extended period of time that HF was a standalone site. It's HF Boards or nothing, for me!

That said, I do enjoy Leslie's articles.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 07-17-2008 at 02:16 PM.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Ola

What have Zabrosky ever did that Pyatt, Soryal and co have not?

Pyatt had 80 pts in 58 games in the OHL, last season,

Zabrosky, this year, had 70 pts in 68 games in the OHL. And they are the same age...

And how on earth can Carl Hagelin be 13th when Pyatt isn't even on the list at 17th?

Don't people even bother looking up stats and black and whites anymore?

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 05:05 PM
eco's bones

We'll have to wait and see with Zaborsky Ola. I wouldn't pencil him automatically on the first line in Hartford next year--some I think have both him and Hillier on it. Though both of them seem to have the talent--they are not always consistent and it's a big step for most graduating juniors even to make the AHL. It wouldn't surprise me if either/or of them struggle and wind up spending some time in the ECHL this year like Pyatt did last year.

As for Soryal I see him as the 4th line goon with some skills but who will need to work on his skating. Well Colton Orr isn't so hot either but Soryal will have a legit shot as a Ranger 4th liner if he can show he can hold his own in his own end.

Pyatt had a disappointing season. I'd rate him ahead of Zaborsky too but I don't know if I'd call it a big gap.

The guy I voted for this time--Skokan--is definitely 3rd-4th line material however he's a player with size, who loves to agitate and the more important the game the better he plays--at least that's Blueshirt Bulletin's take on him the last couple years.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote