HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Shanahan to habs

Old
07-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Good.
or only the Rangers are willing to bring him in.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

You can shoot down the rumours of Shanny being a Hab. In an interview he stated he is only negotiating with one team right now and it is the rangers....i'll get the link.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:30 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
You can shoot down the rumours of Shanny being a Hab. In an interview he stated he is only negotiating with one team right now and it is the rangers....i'll get the link.
Page 3 of this thread

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
Page 3 of this thread
i didnt see it, thanks.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Sad Leafs fan

vCash: 1807
Screw him. Montreal wanted him 2 years ago and his response was something like it'll be hard on my kids and wife going to Quebec. How hard would it be to live in one of the worlds greatest cities? If he was concerned about the French language, he would have been rich enough to send his kids to a private English school.
Stay in the states Shanny, Montreal doesn't want or need you.

2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Ranger fan here........he's a tough leader........still can shoot the puck but he's a 3rd liner now..............this signing and Laraque would make the Habs team tougher and they lacked that last yr...........reason why they lost
reason why we lost was because our goalie ran out of gas in the 2nd round and Umberger played the one of the best series of playoff hockey by anybody in any time period. The toughness defecit was a myth.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:15 AM
WingsLove88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsktsk View Post
Screw him. Montreal wanted him 2 years ago and his response was something like it'll be hard on my kids and wife going to Quebec. How hard would it be to live in one of the worlds greatest cities? If he was concerned about the French language, he would have been rich enough to send his kids to a private English school.
Stay in the states Shanny, Montreal doesn't want or need you.

Koivu doesn't speak French and the fans wanted him stripped of his C. Why would you want to go to a place like that?

WingsLove88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsLove88 View Post
Koivu doesn't speak French and the fans wanted him stripped of his C. Why would you want to go to a place like that?
This post is so full of ignorance/fails/crap

/facepalm

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:21 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Koivu doesn't speak French, like many' habs fans, and few fans wanted him stripped of his C. Why would you not want to go to a place like that?
You're welcome.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:22 AM
champs83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
This post is so full of ignorance/fails/crap

/facepalm
why? wingslove is completely right. i remember last year there was an uproar because there was a video message on the big screen before the game by koivu and he didn't greet and say goodbye in french. you can't blame shanahan.

champs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:24 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by champs83 View Post
why? wingslove is completely right. i remember last year there was an uproar because there was a video message on the big screen before the game by koivu and he didn't greet and say goodbye in french. you can't blame shanahan.
It was a media uproar. Not a fan uproar. There's a huge difference. The French media seem to try and escalate the issues (like Koivu not speaking French) but the vast majority of fans don't care about them.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:27 AM
champs83

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
It was a media uproar. Not a fan uproar. There's a huge difference. The French media seem to try and escalate the issues (like Koivu not speaking French) but the vast majority of fans don't care about them.
you may be right, but you also may be wrong. i mean there's no real way to know the fans sentiments other than with boos, and seriously, who will hear 1000 boos over the other 20273?

but either way, whether it's the media or the fans, it's a tough place to play if you don't speak french. it's an even tougher place to play if you do

Last edited by champs83: 07-17-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: addition
champs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:28 AM
WingsLove88

I don't mean anything offensive and yes I only know what I see in the media and that is what I saw. I live in Calgary so I see hockey coverage everyday and went with what I heard/saw on TV every day.

And were the fan rioting in the streets after the Habs won in the playoffs blown out of proportion in the media too?

Seriously no offense, but I'd find it hard to play in a city when all I have to go on is media, much like Shanahan would since he doesn't live in Montreal to know what it's really like.

Old
07-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Roke

Quote:
I don't mean anything offensive and yes I only know what I see in the media and that is what I saw. I live in Calgary so I see hockey coverage everyday and went with what I heard/saw on TV every day.

And were the fan rioting in the streets after the Habs won in the playoffs blown out of proportion in the media too?

Seriously no offense, but I'd find it hard to play in a city when all I have to go on is media, much like Shanahan would since he doesn't live in Montreal to know what it's really like.
If I recall correctly, the Montreal Police, after laying charges on those they caught from videotapes, cellphone cameras and the like, said that nobody who was charged in the rioting in the past playoffs had a ticket to the hockey game. That being said, it is an issue as it obviously could be fans who were at bars and even if it was not fans doing the rioting, there is a perception, rightly based on the past (1986 and 1993 especially), that the fans riot in the streets.

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:35 AM
WingsLove88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
If I recall correctly, the Montreal Police, after laying charges on those they caught from videotapes, cellphone cameras and the like, said that nobody who was charged in the rioting in the past playoffs had a ticket to the hockey game. That being said, it is an issue.
Just because they didn't have a ticket to the playoff game that night doesn't mean they aren't fans, they just didn't get to go to the game that night. But yes it is a problem

Old
07-17-2008, 11:35 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
The only fans that wanted him stripped of the C are not hockey fans at all. They are part of a dying breed and in 20 years will no longer exist in Quebec.

Quote:
Again, that wasn't the fans. That was a politician looking for a way to get exposure. The true Habs fans love Koivu with a firey passion. The ones who don't are just bitter Nordique fans who don't even like the Habs anyways.

Quote:
you may be right, but you also may be wrong. i mean there's no real way to know the fans sentiments other than with boos, and seriously, who will hear 1000 boos over the other 20273?

but either way, whether it's the media or the fans, it's a tough place to play if you don't speak french. it's an even tougher place to play if you do
It's a tough place to play if the team is losing. That's it.

And you can easily hear 1000 boos in that arena. You have to realize that 1000 people is still alot of people!

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:37 AM
WingsLove88

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The only fans that wanted him stripped of the C are not hockey fans at all. They are part of a dying breed and in 20 years will no longer exist in Quebec.

Again, that wasn't the fans. That was a politician looking for a way to get exposure. The true Habs fans love Koivu with a firey passion. The ones who don't are just bitter Nordique fans who don't even like the Habs anyways.

It's a tough place to play if the team is losing. That's it.

And you can easily hear 1000 boos in that arena. You have to realize that 1000 people is still alot of people!
Well it's good to know that there is support for Koivu in Montreal. I honestly didn't know that, so thank you for educating me in that aspect.

Old
07-17-2008, 11:44 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Well it's good to know that there is support for Koivu in Montreal. I honestly didn't know that, so thank you for educating me in that aspect.
Go on the Habs board and you will literally see topics about how Koivu is god.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:56 AM
McMonster

He isn't going to Montreal... His agent already said he is only talking to the Rangers and they are clearing cap space for him.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Maximus Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante76 View Post
He isn't going to Montreal... His agent already said he is only talking to the Rangers and they are clearing cap space for him.
good, I bet he feels he's too old to play in the playoffs again.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 12:36 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante76 View Post
Thank goodness...we don't want the old dinosaur at this point in his 'evolution'.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote