Atlanta gets
Bill Guerin
Dallas eats 3 mill per season

Dallas Gets
2004 3rd round pick
2005 2nd round pick
Kurtis Foster

How does this deal look.

Not bad, give us Heatley and Kovalchuk and your 1st then you got deal. Kidding. I do think tho Fla would be willing to part with thier 1st for Guerin. Everyone seems to think his contract his gonna be a big henderence to trading him, but under the new CBA, I think, teams will be able to pay at least one player a bunch of $$$$. So someone will be able to afford him. And if it is a choice between your deal and Fla's 1st gimme the 7th overall.

One other thing, you think Guerin put ATL on his list of teams he wants to go to? Ehhhhh....not so much buddy.

Old
06-08-2004, 03:58 PM
thrashers=cup05

vCash: 500
Probably not but who know he could have been thinking....Man i could possible center Dany Heatly and Ilya Kovalchuk. Plus we're one solid dman from the playoffs and not to sound snippy or anything but hey thats about all he's doin here in dallas goin to the first round and loosing. Plus he could be our dave andrechuk, by the end of his contract all of our young and comming players will be veterans and seasoned so who knows we could be winning a cup with him on our team. But in all probability he did not think that and that won't happen. But hears to drunken dreams.

Old
06-08-2004, 04:07 PM
munkeyman70

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashers=cup05
Probably not but who know he could have been thinking....Man i could possible center Dany Heatly and Ilya Kovalchuk. Plus we're one solid dman from the playoffs and not to sound snippy or anything but hey thats about all he's doin here in dallas goin to the first round and loosing. Plus he could be our dave andrechuk, by the end of his contract all of our young and comming players will be veterans and seasoned so who knows we could be winning a cup with him on our team. But in all probability he did not think that and that won't happen. But hears to drunken dreams.

I used to think Guerin was different than what I am about to say, but I am not so sure anymore....

The difference between Guerin and Andreychuk is that DA was playing for the Cup, BG plays for a paycheck. He floats alot these days...sucks cause he used to be my fav player...

Old
06-11-2004, 06:21 AM
Dundalis

Also the fact that Guerin is still a 40 goal scorer 70 point player, while Andreychuk is an old bit part player now.
Guerin is also a 100 PIM player, and with top players around him who compliment him well, could be one of the top 3 power forwards in the league as he was a couple years back. IMO if another team is gonna get him for say 3-4 mill a year, we should get a good player/prospects/picks back, not an average prospect and second/third rounders. Huge lopsided deal imo, one bad year (if a 34 goal 69 point year on a bad team offensively can be considered bad) doesnt make him past it.

Closed Thread