HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's Build Next Years Team - Second Line Right Wing

View Poll Results: Who should be the Second Line Right Wing for next years team?
Petr Prucha 46 40.00%
Ryan Callahan 23 20.00%
Aaron Voros 1 0.87%
Patrick Rissmiller 1 0.87%
Brandon Dubinsky 11 9.57%
Lauri Korpikoski 18 15.65%
Dan Fritsche 8 6.96%
Colton Orr 2 1.74%
Artem Anisimov 2 1.74%
Greg Moore 0 0%
Other (please list below) 3 2.61%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-17-2008, 08:47 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
true and also Fritsche had the benefit of playing w/ Nash on the first line. Cally played w/ Drury on the third line. Big freakin difference in minutes and talent.
Callahan got 12:22 ATOI this season.

Fritsche got 12:21 ATOI this season.

Fritsche may have played SOME time with Nash, but they were still both on a lottery team.

Callahan played on the third line of a team that got into the second round of the playoffs. Played with our (tied for) goal scoring leader for majority of his time.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 09:02 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
No matter how fragile you think Prucha is, he still has a lot more offensive upside then Callahan will ever have.
Prucha might have more offensive upside, but Callahan is much more likely to reach his full potential than Prucha. And if Cally reaches his full potential he will be a better and more usefull player than Prucha. Pruchas body and skating ability will keep him from ever reaching is potential.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I really like Cally a lot, but I think his place for now is 3rd line wing. Maybe Korp isn't the best choice either, maybe it's Sjo or even Fritsche, but I just see Cally as being one of those overlooked but over-performing 3rd line guys that relishes the role. I feel that 2nd line might compel him to play a game that's not his. Not saying he's gonna be a 3rd liner for ever, but that's where I see him next year.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 09:28 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Callahan got 12:22 ATOI this season.

Fritsche got 12:21 ATOI this season.

Fritsche may have played SOME time with Nash, but they were still both on a lottery team.

Callahan played on the third line of a team that got into the second round of the playoffs. Played with our (tied for) goal scoring leader for majority of his time.
I didn't realize that their TOI was so close.

Playing w/ Drury and w/out a real playmaker is what kept Cally's #'s down. Callahan and Drury are the same type of player. Neither are particularly good playmakers, but both are good at getting scrappy goals. W/o a playmaker on the line it would be hard to get great #'s. Also Drury got 29 of his 58 points on the PP. That leaves only 29 points at ES. That line obviously needed a playmaker. If say Gomez centered both of them I would think both would score a little more, as he can dish the puck. Drury and Cally should never be on the same line w/o a good playmaker.

Cally only assisted on 2 of Drury's goals
Drury assisted on 3 of Cally's goals.

Neither was really a big factor for each other.

Fritsche actually only assisted on 1 of Nash's goals. What is striking is it seems that when they played together Nash had some huge games, but Fritsche didn't get any points. I'm not sure why (or if that's a good thing).

It seems that Chimera and Fritsche really connected well on most of each others goals. Fritsche and Malholtra also seemed to play well together. There is the chemistry factor i guess.

Still we know how Cally fits in w/ this team. We don't know how Fritsche does. It is possible that he doesn't have any chemistry. It is also possible that we make a third line of fritsche-Dubinksy-Cally together to make an extremely irritating line. One that would kind of be fun to watch.

It is also possible (probable) that both will play at the same time on different lines as Renney searches for combos. In any case I would take either over Prucha as both are superior defensively, and can PK, which we might be short on this year. As we only have Betts, Drury, Gomez, Naslund (?) maybe sjostrom and dubi. Having both of them will allow more of a rest for Drury and Gomez. Plus I know Cally can hit pretty well and flies around the ice. I'm not sure on Fritsche. Either way both are more valuable to this team than Prucha, who should be traded.

Old
07-17-2008, 09:37 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Callahan is young and could develop into a 20 goal guy.

But right now, and i think the purpose of the polls are to construct next year's lines, i don't think he is there.

And, i honestly can't see him playing above the third line right now. At least not to start the season.

He is not a top 6 guy. At least not yet.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 09:48 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Callahan is young and could develop into a 20 goal guy.

But right now, and i think the purpose of the polls are to construct next year's lines, i don't think he is there.

And, i honestly can't see him playing above the third line right now. At least not to start the season.

He is not a top 6 guy. At least not yet.
well I agree w/ you here. he isn't a top 6 guy yet, but I do think that maybe he can become one in a year or two (but by then we probably won't have room for him)