HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Del Biaggio wanted to move Predators

Old
07-14-2008, 10:46 AM
sens4life
CLASSLESS

vCash: 500
Del Biaggio wanted to move Predators

(Apologies if this had been posted before)
SOURCE: http://thefourthperiod.com/news/nas080714.html

Former Predators minority owner William "Boots" Del Biaggio III had positioned himself to seize control of the team and move it out of town, reports the Nashville Tennessean.
Del Biaggio, who has since filed for bankruptcy after being investigated for fraud, made a presentation in January to investors describing the "portability values" of the franchise.

Forecheck Holdings, the company Del Biaggio used to invest in the Predators, told investors if the team wasn't viable in Nashville, they would have the opportunity to become the majority shareholder and explore options to move the team something that could have happen as early as the 2009-10 season.

The Tennessean suggests Del Biaggio was trying to secure additional investors before moving the club to either Kansas City or Las Vegas.
At the end of the day, Del Biaggio's plans backfired as the Predators made the playoffs in 2007-08. The team's attendance benchmarks were met and the Predators qualified for the highest portion of revenue sharing in the league.

Meanwhile, Predators head coach Barry Trotz and club captain Jason Arnott want Alexander Radulov back next season.

Radulov, 22, has one-year remaining on his current contract, but signed a three-year deal with Salavat Ufa of the Russian KHL and said he intends to play in his native country.

"When you back out on your deal and you let your teammates and the whole organization down like that, it's hard to swallow no question," Arnott told the Tennessean. "I can't sugarcoat it any better. It's disappointing.

"But if he does come back and play with us, hopefully he comes back with a good mind and be ready to play. If he does that, I think guys will forget about it. If he comes back with the attitude that it's his last year here and he doesn't really care, then it's going to be a long year. It's going to be tough."

In an email to TFP last week, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly suggested the Predators could take legal action to prevent Radulov from playing for Salavat because he's still under contract with Nashville.

"Hopefully he comes back and plays hard," Trotz told the newspaper. "I expect him to be a pro and play hard. If it's a case where he's unhappy, then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

"But at this point, I'm taking it for face value. He's under contract, he'll play for us and we go from there."

sens4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Thanks Captain Obvious ... doesn't this deserve to be on the Business of Hockey Board, oh wait it is ... Mods ... can we get this shut down ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
you dont always have to be a dick, i think the guy was posting genuinely.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
you dont always have to be a dick, i think the guy was posting genuinely.
I like to keep the Off Ice stuff on the Business of Hockey board OR the Predators Media Thread & the Preds board with On Ice stuff ... but that's just me

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 04:58 PM
lstcyr

No one disagrees with that. But couldn't you try to do it nicely?

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Oilerdiehard

There is a thread on this fellow at Oiler site you may want to check out:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=537128

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 10:41 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
There is a thread on this fellow at Oiler site you may want to check out:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=537128
You know what would be really neat??? If that thread was actually about Boots and not just another idiot hockey fan "contraction is a good idea" thread. What a bunch of retards we have as hockey fans.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
You know what would be really neat??? If that thread was actually about Boots and not just another idiot hockey fan "contraction is a good idea" thread. What a bunch of retards we have as hockey fans.
When I posted that thread there was only a few posts. People like that find their way into every thread about almost any topic. So nothing new there.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:46 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
When I posted that thread there was only a few posts. People like that find their way into every thread about almost any topic. So nothing new there.
Yeah nothing new. btw that wasn't meant as a negative comment aimed at you.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:03 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
It's rediculous that everyone has so much hatred for Bettman and the southern teams that they believe Del Biaggio, who defrauded multiple banks and other people, is completely telling the truth. Whether it's completely true or not, they just seem to look for any reason to pile on Bettman and the southern teams as the reason that St.Jim and Holy Hamilton don't have a team.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 09:05 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

the canadian media is absolutely ravenous for ways to turn this into something it isn't. any way they can turn this into a conspiracy, in which good, virtuous, blue-collar yeoman Jim Balsillie was fraudulently denied his holy mission by sniveling snake Gary Bettman.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 10:19 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
It's rediculous that everyone has so much hatred for Bettman and the southern teams that they believe Del Biaggio, who defrauded multiple banks and other people, is completely telling the truth. Whether it's completely true or not, they just seem to look for any reason to pile on Bettman and the southern teams as the reason that St.Jim and Holy Hamilton don't have a team.
Even better are the posts by people who want to have KHL teams in NA to make some sort of 'super leauge'.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote