HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's Build Next Years Team - Third Line Left Wing

View Poll Results: Who should be the Third Line Left Wing for next years team?
Ryan Callahan 5 6.67%
Freddy Sjostrom 10 13.33%
Dan Fritsche 33 44.00%
Aaron Voros 3 4.00%
Patrick Rissmiller 1 1.33%
Lauri Korpikoski 19 25.33%
Colton Orr 4 5.33%
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Greg Moore 0 0%
Other (please list below) 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Let's Build Next Years Team - Third Line Left Wing

Im sorta ripping off flylines yearly prospect post, and kinda building a twist around it. Were going to vote on the lines for next year. Im going to go position by position, and were going to have a vote for every single player, even the more obvious choices till we fill out an entire roster.

The assumptions here are the team carrying 2 goalies, 1 backup defenseman, and 2 backup forwards. The first few obvious prospects will also be listed in every vote, along with an "other" option. This is if you feel another player not listed is a better choice than any of the other players.

The Roster As It Stands Now:

Markus Naslund (52.83%) - Scotty Gomez (91.67%) - Nikolai Zherdev (78.02%)
Nigel Dawes (72.50%)
- Chris Drury (54.48%) - Petr Prucha (40.91%)
Third Line Left Wing - Brandon Dubinsky (93.15%) - Third Line Right Wing
Fourth Line Left Wing - Fourth Line Center - Fourth Line Right Wing
First Backup Forward
Second Backup Forward

First Pairing Left Defenseman - First Pairing Right Defenseman
Second Pairing Left Defenseman - Second Pairing Right Defenseman
Third Pairing Left Defenseman - Third Pairing Right Defenseman
Backup Defenseman

Starting Goalie
Backup Goalie

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Fritsche got my vote. I really like the idea of a fristche dubi callahan line. seems like all 3 of their games would mesh really well.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 02:46 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

FRITCHEEEEEEEE

I think that line has potential, but think if it didnt, maybe Cally and Zherdev can swap for a game or two.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 02:56 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
I would like Korpikoski to be the LW on this line to at least give one rookie a chance.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 03:25 PM
9darter
Soft Euro

Cally gets my vote for LW, with Korpedo as RW.
Until I see Fritsche, Voros or Rissmiller play I can't vote for them.

9darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 03:36 PM
NYReign

Korpedo. I think Fritsche's better off at RW. Sjostrom would be my second choice if Korpikoski's salary is too much to carry

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 04:00 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Fritsche.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

I voted for Shoo but I can see where some of you are saying that a Fritsche, Dubie and Callahan line would be a fun line to watch. However, I think Prucha is being dealt before the season even starts so that would mean Callahan would probably be bumped up to the second line. I'm not saying that is the smartest move because Prucha is capable of scoring 20 goals with second line ice time (15-18 min) but the Rangers made a trade no one understood last year (Matt Cullen) to free up cap space and I could see them dumping Pru and his $1.6m salary before or during camp. So my guess is that Sjostrom-Dubinsky-Fritsche will be our third line this season.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 05:46 PM
mti79

I went with fast Freddy... Sjo-Dubi-Cally would be a line that could really motor and I think they could create a lot of chances... I think Fritsche is going to Hartford or claimed on waivers... Personally I don't see him on the opening night roster, but I've been wrong before.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 05:48 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I went with fast Freddy... Sjo-Dubi-Cally would be a line that could really motor and I think they could create a lot of chances... I think Fritsche is going to Hartford or claimed on waivers... Personally I don't see him on the opening night roster, but I've been wrong before.
I think you're definitely wrong here. Fritsche is better than Sjo and has the potential to be a lot better in the coming years. Sjo is a good fourth liner and decent third liner but we got enough of them so he's staying on the fourth.

Old
07-18-2008, 06:23 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
I think you're definitely wrong here. Fritsche is better than Sjo and has the potential to be a lot better in the coming years. Sjo is a good fourth liner and decent third liner but we got enough of them so he's staying on the fourth.
You're first sentence I agree with. After that, it goes haywire. I Know I must sound like a broken record or that I have a serious man crush for the guy, but I think you've misjudged Sjostrom. I'm not saying he is a superstar, but he is a much better player than you give him credit for. He's got hands, but needs developing in offensive skills. Very good defensively, very good forechecker, very fast, and very underrated IMHO. That is not to take away from Fritsche, who is also very talented/has great potential.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 06:29 PM
mti79

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
You're first sentence I agree with. After that, it goes haywire. I Know I must sound like a broken record or that I have a serious man crush for the guy, but I think you've misjudged Sjostrom. I'm not saying he is a superstar, but he is a much better player than you give him credit for. He's got hands, but needs developing in offensive skills. Very good defensively, very good forechecker, very fast, and very underrated IMHO. That is not to take away from Fritsche, who is also very talented/has great potential.
I'm not taking away from Fritsche, although admittedly I know nothing about him. I just don't see him on the opening night roster. If he needs to develop more, he won't do it properly on the 4th and if they're working this hard to get Sjo signed, I don't think it'll be for the 4th line where we have enough guys (Betts, Orr, Voros, Riss). Maybe I'm wrong and he will be on the 4th. I doubt Renney even knows right now.

Old
07-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Fritsche!

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Ovens

I'd go with Fritsche, I really like the idea of him playing on a line with Cally and Dubi.

Ovens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 06:37 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
I'm not taking away from Fritsche, although admittedly I know nothing about him. I just don't see him on the opening night roster. If he needs to develop more, he won't do it properly on the 4th and if they're working this hard to get Sjo signed, I don't think it'll be for the 4th line where we have enough guys (Betts, Orr, Voros, Riss). Maybe I'm wrong and he will be on the 4th. I doubt Renney even knows right now.
Why your assuming he goes to the fourth is beyond me though...

Who do you propose takes his place as the 3rd liner? Sjostrom? OK - for argument's sake, I can see why someone might want that, but will Sjostrom really be that productive? Then again - will Fritsche? Time will tell. But what we've seen from Sjo is nothing more than fourth line ability.

Old
07-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Heres a little background. Fritsche is like Dubinsky. He has lots of upside, and is very physical. The difference between him and Dubinsky is that Dubi is more of a scorer, and Fritsche actually wins alot of his fights. Fritsche is much more talented than Sjostrom, im sorry.

Old
07-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Fritsche for me.

Fritsche - Dubi - Sjostrom

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
Heres a little background. Fritsche is like Dubinsky. He has lots of upside, and is very physical. The difference between him and Dubinsky is that Dubi is more of a scorer, and Fritsche actually wins alot of his fights. Fritsche is much more talented than Sjostrom, im sorry.
Not to be a pain, but exactly how many times have you seen Fritsche play?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 06:41 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Fritsche for me.

Fritsche - Dubi - Sjostrom
Ditto. All three can make a case for the second line too.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Not to be a pain, but exactly how many times have you seen Fritsche play?
I've actually watched him about 10 times last year. I think if he plays with either Dubinsky, Anisimov, or Drury he will notch 20 goals this year. Maybe i have too high of hopes though.

Old
07-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Trxjw

Actually i think i worded it wrong, i shouldnt have said Fritsche is more talented. i should've said if Dubi is centre for 3rd line, Fritsche will be better suited.

Old
07-18-2008, 09:14 PM
mti79

Quote:
Why your assuming he goes to the fourth is beyond me though...

Who do you propose takes his place as the 3rd liner? Sjostrom? OK - for argument's sake, I can see why someone might want that, but will Sjostrom really be that productive? Then again - will Fritsche? Time will tell. But what we've seen from Sjo is nothing more than fourth line ability.
I was talking about Sjo... not Fritsche....

Old
07-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Evgeny Oliker

I'm a bit stunned by these lines to be honest.

I just dont get how you guys expect to have NO physical players on the top 2 lines and no one with size? None of Naslund, Gomez, Zherdev, Drury, Dawes or Prucha have much to offer in terms of size or physical play. Drury is probably the most physical of this bunch, and he is not exactly Erik Cole.

The reality is that while these top 2 lines may look good on paper, they just lack size and physical play. Someone like Fritsche and/or Voros will have to end up on one of those top 2 lines for sure.

Since I have to vote for 3rd line, I'll go with Voros

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
I'm a bit stunned by these lines to be honest.

I just dont get how you guys expect to have NO physical players on the top 2 lines and no one with size? None of Naslund, Gomez, Zherdev, Drury, Dawes or Prucha have much to offer in terms of size or physical play. Drury is probably the most physical of this bunch, and he is not exactly Erik Cole.

The reality is that while these top 2 lines may look good on paper, they just lack size and physical play. Someone like Fritsche and/or Voros will have to end up on one of those top 2 lines for sure.

Since I have to vote for 3rd line, I'll go with Voros
if Voros ends up on the 1st or 2nd line, i will never watch this team again

Old
07-18-2008, 10:33 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

What is with the constant fascination of moving all these players out of their positions?

Dubinsky to the wing, Drury to the wing, Prucha to the left, Korpikoski to the left, Fritsche to the right, Sjostrom to the left.. it never ends.

Why don't we keep players why they belong, hmm?