HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(OT) Roller/Ice hockey in the city this summer

Old
07-18-2008, 11:50 AM
nyrmetros

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRantLftyC19 View Post
Hey metros, i play at Whitestone often, although i havn't been there too much the last two weeks because of a class. Just wondering when you usually come down? We've proably played together, i always come with my two little brothers, Kevin and Kearon.
What's up Tony! How ya doing.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

I play in the Hudson Valley Roller Hockey Leauge. Granted, it's not exactly in the city but the competition is fierce. Full contact, and a lot of the players are either Junior/College players staying fresh for the summer or older guys who will tell you how they almost made the NHL if it weren't for that one fateful injury.

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 12:53 PM
BuRe#9

Theres great roller hockey that goes on every tuesday and thursday nights 7-930 pm at Riverbank State Park located on 148th and Riverside.

BuRe#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 08:07 PM
NYRantLftyC19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
What's up Tony! How ya doing.
Hey.. who is this?! I'm good, my class ends on thursday, so all of August i'll be back there every night as usual. And i'll probably try to make it Saturday night tomorrow.
Anyone who wants to play should definetly come down to Whitestone, you'll almost always find people playing..

NYRantLftyC19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 01:32 AM
jc25

Quote:
Hey.. who is this?! I'm good, my class ends on thursday, so all of August i'll be back there every night as usual. And i'll probably try to make it Saturday night tomorrow.
Anyone who wants to play should definetly come down to Whitestone, you'll almost always find people playing..
goalies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRe#9 View Post
Theres great roller hockey that goes on every tuesday and thursday nights 7-930 pm at Riverbank State Park located on 148th and Riverside.
goalies?

jc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 01:33 AM
BuRe#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc25 View Post
goalies?

goalies?
absolutely

BuRe#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 02:22 AM
RANGERS2448

where are u located at i have bin trying to set something up in rockland county but its hard. we have an outdoor rink already have a pretty bad goalie (myself) and like 2 or 3 other guys. just looking to play a layed back game

dam its hot in the summer huumid heat in full pads

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 03:59 PM
jhnyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Hockey of North America

Starts the 20th of June, goes until about the end of Aug.

12 Games + playoffs

All games are pretty much played at the Ice Hutch on the boarder of Pelham and Mt. Vernon.

I play in it each summer and love it.

If your are interested you gotta sign up soon though since it's almost full.

edit - this is for ice hockey.

I'm in it this summer, too. Which team do you play on?

jhnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 04:38 PM
jc25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS2448 View Post
where are u located at i have bin trying to set something up in rockland county but its hard. we have an outdoor rink already have a pretty bad goalie (myself) and like 2 or 3 other guys. just looking to play a layed back game

dam its hot in the summer huumid heat in full pads

Yo, I'm in palisades and we play at veterans park in orangeburg. It's off the PIP exit 5 I believe towards Pearl River. We're playing tonight at 7 if anyone's interested.

jc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Romanich7

Anyone can explain directions to the Whitestone park im coming from belt pkwy in brooklyn

Romanich7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 08:21 PM
NYRantLftyC19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanich7 View Post
Anyone can explain directions to the Whitestone park im coming from belt pkwy in brooklyn
I'm not totally sure because i havn't been on the Belt in forever.. but you take the Belt Pkwy towards Queens/ Long Island and i think around Exit 17 you will get on the Van Wyk.. Take that towards Whitestone... the Van Wky will split into the Grand Central and the Van Wyk, just stay to the right to keep on the Van Wyk. Stay on that for like 15-20 minutes, past Flushing Meadows Lake on your left side as you drive, and keep going and you'll get onto a ramp around Flushing over the lake. Keep going, you'll see a big movie theatre on your left side as well. Right after the movie theatre is the 20th Ave. exit on the Wan Wyk. I think this is like Exit 4.. As soon as you get off the exit '20th Ave' on the Van Wyk, stay on the service road for one traffic light. Right after the traffic light, you'll see a park on your right side, and that is where the roller hockey rink is.
Hope this helps!

Old
07-22-2008, 09:33 PM
nyrmetros

Did you go 2nite?
I had work and just got home.
damn it

Should be good for tomorow though.

Old
07-23-2008, 10:09 AM
NYRantLftyC19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Did you go 2nite?
I had work and just got home.
damn it

Should be good for tomorow though.
Nah.. i probably won't be there till Thursday as that's when my last class ends, but Sunday was an awesome game...and then next week Kevin will be in Montreal and Kearon is going on a cruise to the Bahamas, so we won't be down there. Maybe i'll just come...But i'm throwing an after-420 party at my house while everyone is gone and your welcometo come! Just send me a message if you want the info..

Old
07-23-2008, 12:16 PM
jaywills1020

is whitestone just pick up games? if so what time do you guys go there and what street is it on?

jaywills1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Romanich7

Quote:
I'm not totally sure because i havn't been on the Belt in forever.. but you take the Belt Pkwy towards Queens/ Long Island and i think around Exit 17 you will get on the Van Wyk.. Take that towards Whitestone... the Van Wky will split into the Grand Central and the Van Wyk, just stay to the right to keep on the Van Wyk. Stay on that for like 15-20 minutes, past Flushing Meadows Lake on your left side as you drive, and keep going and you'll get onto a ramp around Flushing over the lake. Keep going, you'll see a big movie theatre on your left side as well. Right after the movie theatre is the 20th Ave. exit on the Wan Wyk. I think this is like Exit 4.. As soon as you get off the exit '20th Ave' on the Van Wyk, stay on the service road for one traffic light. Right after the traffic light, you'll see a park on your right side, and that is where the roller hockey rink is.
Hope this helps!
Thanks alot that will surely help Probably will go tommorow

Romanich7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 05:10 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywills1020 View Post
is whitestone just pick up games? if so what time do you guys go there and what street is it on?
Yea we are just pickup. Game starts at 7 pm. We are off the Whitestone Expway service road and 20th ave.