HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

olesz

Old
07-20-2008, 01:26 PM
mmmjays

vCash: 500
olesz

so with jokinen gone, does his role become more prominent? what do you think his point totals will be like this season?

mmmjays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Well Olesz isn't a center... However, I think that he will continue to improve his offensive numbers, he is still young and shows signs of great potential... I could see somethings like 22-25-57 this year

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 01:33 PM
mmmjays

yeah youre right. i thought he was a centerman for some reason. anyhow, dont u think 57 points is pretty high for him? he only had about 30 points last season... although he only played about 60 games. I guess if he improves, 57 points is not out of the question.

who will he most likely play with? and on which line?

mmmjays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjays View Post
yeah youre right. i thought he was a centerman for some reason. anyhow, dont u think 57 points is pretty high for him? he only had about 30 points last season... although he only played about 60 games. I guess if he improves, 57 points is not out of the question.

who will he most likely play with? and on which line?

I believe he was drafted as a center but I'm not sure, either way he is strictly a wing now and based on his long term contract and annual salary, I'm sure he is expected to produce on the top two lines. The problem is that we really don't have top two line centers. Weiss is barely a second line center and that's it. Kreps is a solid third line center but he probably won't produce enough for the top two lines. Mclean is another barely second liner who only produced with Ollie. They might move Horton but I think he is much more effective as a scorer on the wing.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

If Olesz can stay healthy all season, I think he'll put up at least 40-50 points. Who he plays with, who knows. He and Stillman can both play either wing, Booth is a LW, Horton and Zednik are RWs, Weiss and Kreps are centers. I don't think Matthias is ready to step into the 2nd line center role yet, but who knows, it's possible if he has an amazing rookie year.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
so with jokinen gone, does his role become more prominent? what do you think his point totals will be like this season?
IMO he will have a break out season under new HC Deboer. I think he will play alot of 1st line minutes because of his two-way play and will be given that chance to play consistently on the 1st line much like Booth got on the 2nd line last year. Olesz has played on the 1st line before so he knows what to expect and will get many more minutes and chances to excel there.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 03:18 PM
jol

Quote:
anyhow, dont u think 57 points is pretty high for him? he only had about 30 points last season... although he only played about 60 games. I guess if he improves, 57 points is not out of the question.
He has to produce, he is going to get paid something like $3 million a year.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote