HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Buying Tickets

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2008, 06:00 PM
#2eddieshore

vCash: 500
so the Habs release zero tickets on gameday? not even the ones the players dont take for their wives etc?

Old
07-20-2008, 06:49 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
so the Habs release zero tickets on gameday? not even the ones the players dont take for their wives etc?

I think the Habs are a little different, if you want tickets as a player you have to buy the full season, and you can not re sell them.

Old
07-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Travis Moen

Quote:
One of my friends knows someone who works at the Bell Center and he always gets unused tickets at the last minute, even playoff games.

Old
07-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
If you check on gamedays, at the box office, you can sometimes find tickets. Not online, though.

Old
07-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
If you check on gamedays, at the box office, you can sometimes find tickets. Not online, though.
Most of times, those are in Section Desjardins (singles, sometimes pairs).

Last edited by Clumsyhab: 07-20-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old
07-21-2008, 11:42 AM
#2eddieshore

thanks for the info - very useful.

Old
07-21-2008, 11:51 AM
HF-Addict

Me and my buddies have been buying season ticket for a few years and I've been told they have raised the price this year again ? Some administration fees out of nowhere that never existed before?!

Oh and for the other season ticket holders, any news on the all-star game?

Do we get free tickets (yeah right, one can hope though!) or reserved tickets we can choose to take or no priviledge at all...

Old
07-21-2008, 04:14 PM
nas84

Hey Guys,

I have a question about those 10 game packs. Is there some sort of pre required registration that you have to do ( like for seasons or does it just work like regular season tickets do ( as in you just go online at the right time and go from there)??

Old
07-21-2008, 10:14 PM
think_fast22

The 10 game pack is exactly like regular season tickets... you go to either the Bell Center, online, or on the phone... and try to get lucky!

Old
07-22-2008, 03:03 PM
AlexCvm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Me and my buddies have been buying season ticket for a few years and I've been told they have raised the price this year again ? Some administration fees out of nowhere that never existed before?!

Oh and for the other season ticket holders, any news on the all-star game?

Do we get free tickets (yeah right, one can hope though!) or reserved tickets we can choose to take or no priviledge at all...
Yup, the price have gone up (about 6-7%) and no news on the All-star game.

Old
07-23-2008, 07:13 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Does someone know approximately when the tickets are gonna be released?

Old
07-23-2008, 08:32 AM
DCL72

Quote:
Originally Posted by think_fast22 View Post
The 10 game pack is exactly like regular season tickets... you go to either the Bell Center, online, or on the phone... and try to get lucky!

I would recommend phone. Last year, the admission website said tickets were still available, so I tried for a ten-pack in the whites, but my requests kept getting denied.

I finally tried by phone, and the operator was able to get me a 10-pack, with 8 of the games in the whites, 1 in the grey, and one in the blues. The website didn't have that sort of flexibility.

Old
07-23-2008, 09:41 AM
JMMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL72 View Post
I would recommend phone. Last year, the admission website said tickets were still available, so I tried for a ten-pack in the whites, but my requests kept getting denied.

I finally tried by phone, and the operator was able to get me a 10-pack, with 8 of the games in the whites, 1 in the grey, and one in the blues. The website didn't have that sort of flexibility.
Oh wow I did not know that was possible.
Thanks for the tip.,

Old
07-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Habitants

im gonna try for a couple 10 game packs this year. i hope they tell us what kind of special events are going on also, like jersey retirement for example

Old
07-23-2008, 11:23 AM
JMMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
im gonna try for a couple 10 game packs this year. i hope they tell us what kind of special events are going on also, like jersey retirement for example
Patrick Roys will be done before December.

Old
07-23-2008, 12:40 PM
#2eddieshore

Quote:
the operator was able to get me a 10-pack, with 8 of the games in the whites, 1 in the grey, and one in the blues. The website didn't have that sort of flexibility.
interesting, i always thought that you would get the same seat for the 10 games.

Old
07-23-2008, 01:02 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCvm View Post
Yup, the price have gone up (about 6-7%) and no news on the All-star game.
thx man.

Old
07-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Patrick Roys will be done before December.
says who?

Old
07-23-2008, 04:56 PM
nas84

Quote:

hey man, thanks for the info...

but one more question...if i buy one ten game pack, can i buy lets say two tickets to 5 games or does it have to be 1 ticket to 10 different matches?

Old
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas84 View Post
hey man, thanks for the info...

but one more question...if i buy one ten game pack, can i buy lets say two tickets to 5 games or does it have to be 1 ticket to 10 different matches?
ten game pack = one ticket for ten games.

Old
07-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Crusader Knight

Whats the odds of successfully grabbing 4 seats to one of the leafs saturday games in march and how quickly do those games sell out? A couple of us want to come up for a game and it has to be a saturday night game and all the other match ups look boring. If we can't get through before they sell out do stub hubbers normally hike up the price of those games more than other games. Gameday scalpers aren't an option unfortunately

Old
07-24-2008, 05:57 PM
#2eddieshore

This was taken from the official Habs forum and was posted by ADMIN.

Individual tickets go on sale in mid-September but no date has been decided or confirmed just yet.

As for the tickets available the 15th of each month, there's no confirmation yet on that for this season. That doesn't mean it won't happen or that it will; it just means the sales department is working on the details for all the tickets for this year.

There is no way to get a presale code unless you were a season or partial plan ticket holder last year. Those with presale codes cannot transfer their codes or sell their codes.

Once all the ticket information (individual tickets, partial plans etc.) is finalized, it will be available on the main site. This will likely be in mid-to-late August.

Old
07-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Plekanetzz

Last year I tried to get ticket with my friend. We were both online during 2 hours while being on the phone to get tickets. We never got tickets

Sure we wanted tickets for a saturday game since we are from Saguenay but still I think that you have to be lucky too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader Knight View Post
Whats the odds of successfully grabbing 4 seats to one of the leafs saturday games in march and how quickly do those games sell out? A couple of us want to come up for a game and it has to be a saturday night game and all the other match ups look boring. If we can't get through before they sell out do stub hubbers normally hike up the price of those games more than other games. Gameday scalpers aren't an option unfortunately
You have to be ready the day of the beginning of the sale. It can take like 3 or 4 hours and you won't be able to get a PAIR. I tried Pittsburgh last year. All 2 seats where sold after 3 hours

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-24-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old
07-24-2008, 06:10 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Actually, last year my best friend's son showed up and joined us for our annual Habs jamboree. I tried to get a ticket at the box office and on line. No luck, until . . . at about 3:00 am game day just before I went to bed I got a single ticket on line.

I'm not saying you can depend on it, but it can be done

Quote:

SSSSHHHH don't give away all the good info!

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-24-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old
07-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Penalty Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
The only walk-up ticket I ever purchased to an NHL game was in Calgary about 10 years ago. I got a second row seat for $50. I was literally sitting next to Trevor Kidd (with a plexiglass partition between us). Not the best seat as a lot of the play was obscured but Kidd didn't seem to mind, he spent the whole game ogling the gorgeous blond sitting in front of me.
Must be nice. No chance doing that now. Getting individual tickets for any game in the first couple months of the season the second they go on sale is impossible (during the dogs days of the season, it's possible, but the seats aren't always that great). In fact, if you want to get on the waiting list for either season tickets or game packs (plus the chance to buy individual tix before the general public) in Calgary, it costs $100 per season per seat, and takes roughly 2-4 years to get a sniff. Redonkulous.

I think I'm making a trip to Montreal in March, and I have a hard time believing I have a better chance at Habs tickets than Flames.

Closed Thread