HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Most Underrated Defensemen

View Poll Results: Most underrated Defensemen.
Wade Redden 6 9.52%
Michael Roszival 6 9.52%
Marc Staal 5 7.94%
Dan Girardi 13 20.63%
Dmitri Kalinin 1 1.59%
Paul Mara 26 41.27%
Thomas Pock 3 4.76%
Corey Potter 3 4.76%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Sather's offseason moves...

are boom or bust type moves. Redden's been on the decline for a couple seasons now - is that a product of environment or of a player who may not have had much fire in his belly and as the years go on doesn't becomes more disinterested in his play but has enough talent to at least stay in the game? That's a question that we'll see answere, and it makes for an interesting season. You have those who will say "I told you so" after the first month of a six year contract. He can suck this season and the contract, overall, can work out. So just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:19 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
are boom or bust type moves.
And yet if the answer is bust there will still be people telling me what a great GM Sather is. It's amazing the amount of time he has been here and how little he has to show for it.

With Jagr and Shanahan and Straka gone it's rebuilding time again. Most GMs don't get this many opportunities to rebuild. That said, if the team improves this year, all is forgiven.

I also find myself in the minority for believing that Renney has gotten quite a bit out of flawed rosters by instilling a system that pleases almost no one. Having Lundqvist doesn't hurt either.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Fletch

having Lundqvist enabled a guy like Renney to tinker the people in front of Lundqvist. Having Jagr helped Renney tinker with the forward lines to find the match he liked best. The defense seems to be the group that seems to be quite constant. Pairings are mostly set, barring injury. Style of play is quite similar, and adding Kalinin and Redden ensures that the style of play across the board will be uniform.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
And yet if the answer is bust there will still be people telling me what a great GM Sather is. It's amazing the amount of time he has been here and how little he has to show for it.

With Jagr and Shanahan and Straka gone it's rebuilding time again. Most GMs don't get this many opportunities to rebuild. That said, if the team improves this year, all is forgiven.

I also find myself in the minority for believing that Renney has gotten quite a bit out of flawed rosters by instilling a system that pleases almost no one. Having Lundqvist doesn't hurt either.
In all fairness, there are plenty of people who will bash Sather regardless of any good moves he makes.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Staal. people outside of ranger fans thinks he isnt good because his offensive game isnt very sound. Scott Stevens anyone (i know staal isnt as physical but i see defensive resemblances)

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 04:59 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Staal. people outside of ranger fans thinks he isnt good because his offensive game isnt very sound. Scott Stevens anyone (i know staal isnt as physical but i see defensive resemblances)
Thats some lofty praise, if he can turn into someone that resembles Scott Stevens I'll be thrilled. I'm not sure how high his talent will take him, but I think he'll be a really good ranger for a really long time

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote