HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: RCallahan43 to BDubinskyNYR17

Old
07-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The roots of this community go back 10 years to the NY GameDay and Rivals boards, with a couple of members like Fletch and SBOB coming from the Slam! boards. Brooklyn Ranger, Davisian, and in the latter stages, TB,PLD and (I believe) Bluenote13, were on those boards. When Rivals folded, and HF had just become a message board, we all sort of took root here. Others, such as Larry Melnyk and even JO41, have their roots in the RFC Graffiti Wall. And, some stragglers like Inferno272, have popped in from ECSF, which itself has gone through its own share of permutation. Some long time members such as Laches, Leetchie and MooseMessier have drifted off, and some, like Edge, Jonathan, Draft Guru all got their start as writers here. I'm sure there members that I've inadvertently left out, and i apologize for the oversight.
I remember also reading a lot of the same posters on HF before they had a message board and people would just post comments beneath the articles. That's how I started. Took me a while to take the plunge and join the message board, though...

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
SPG

yeesh... pick a name dude...

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The roots of this community go back 10 years to the NY GameDay and Rivals boards, with a couple of members like Fletch and SBOB coming from the Slam! boards. Brooklyn Ranger, Davisian, and in the latter stages, TB,PLD and (I believe) Bluenote13, were on those boards. When Rivals folded, and HF had just become a message board, we all sort of took root here. Others, such as Larry Melnyk and even JO41, have their roots in the RFC Graffiti Wall. And, some stragglers like Inferno272, have popped in from ECSF, which itself has gone through its own share of permutation. Some long time members such as Laches, Leetchie and MooseMessier have drifted off, and some, like Edge, Jonathan, Draft Guru all got their start as writers here. I'm sure there members that I've inadvertently left out, and i apologize for the oversight.
Almost all those old timers were on rivals at one point, and originally my name was Spunmelvin13(Spunmelvin's was a coffee bar I used to work at that was owned by Eric Melvin of NOFX), I wrote USA Hockey & US high school articles for HF as well. I think it was Draft Guru and I who mentioned HF since we both were writing articles for the site before they had message boards.

Gotta admit, even though I butted heads with them, I miss Laches & Moose.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:11 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Almost all those old timers were on rivals at one point, and originally my name was Spunmelvin13(Spunmelvin's was a coffee bar I used to work at that was owned by Eric Melvin of NOFX), I wrote USA Hockey & US high school articles for HF as well. I think it was Draft Guru and I who mentioned HF since we both were writing articles for the site before they had message boards.

are u gonna see them in Oct??? Im going and It will be my 3rd time seeing NOFX live. I also have Rancid, MXPX, Zebrahead, A Day To Remember with New Found Glory, Scary Kids with Finch coming up and last week I was just at the 311 show. it was great. and before that I saw Less Than Jake with Goldfinger and before that it was Authority Zero with Pennywise and Strung out

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubinskyNYR17 View Post
are u gonna see them in Oct??? Im going and It will be my 3rd time seeing NOFX live. I also have Rancid, MXPX, Zebrahead, A Day To Remember with New Found Glory, Scary Kids with Finch coming up and last week I was just at the 311 show. it was great. and before that I saw Less Than Jake with Goldfinger and before that it was Authority Zero with Pennywise and Strung out
I've seen NOFX so many times, I'll probably go if Eric throws me some tickets, he's a cool guy. I'd like to see Rancid and Pennywise(only saw them once years ago, 1998 my first warp tour show).

Old
07-22-2008, 11:01 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
I've seen NOFX so many times, I'll probably go if Eric throws me some tickets, he's a cool guy. I'd like to see Rancid and Pennywise(only saw them once years ago, 1998 my first warp tour show).
nice rancid it will be my 4th seeing them live and Pennywise it was my 2ed time. Authority Zero is one of my fav bands who i met both times i saw them live, same with lovehatehero. Im excited for Scary Kids Scaring Kids, it will be my 5th time seeing them and I met the lead singer Tyson last time i seen them at the Blender.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 12:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

I posted here under this name. I was Czech Please on Rivals.

07-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I posted here under this name. I was Czech Please on Rivals.
For some reason I remember seeing both those names. Man, it feels like an eternity ago doesn't it? Getting older is not what it used to be

Old
07-22-2008, 09:56 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Rivals mod checking in , we invaded this place like the Cubans did in Red Dawn

LiquidClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 05:38 AM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown View Post
I just hope you realize there's a whole generation on here who don't know what you're talking about. Good to hear from you, though. It's funny how fast people here will slip from your mind if they aren't on every day.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 06:04 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown View Post
It was pretty weird (I was not a member of Rivals).

More like a bunch of really friendly and interesting aliens from a dying planet.

Last edited by klingsor: 07-23-2008 at 11:31 PM.
klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
i changed my name from BubbleGumGang184434 to GongShowHockeyNYR. JOrts i didnt want to make a new thread thats why i posted it in here. if you want me to delete it i will.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote