HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Must See Draft Site!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2004, 07:42 PM
sharkyz15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sharkyz15 Send a message via Yahoo to sharkyz15
Must See Draft Site!!!!!!!!!!!!11

http://membres.lycos.fr/hockeyscout/2004.htm

It's great mock draft
rankings plus top 30 drafted prospects

Guess whos #3
wink wink

Old
06-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Ender

Send a message via AIM to Ender Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Brian Bickett as the 28th overall pick, by the Sharks? I would like to see the Sharks draft him, but I don't see him being drafted in the 1st and early 2nd rounds.

Old
06-11-2004, 10:08 PM
sharkyz15

What do you guys think about Ryan Garlock

"Ryan Garlock is a two-way forward with good offensive skills and who can play physical. He goes in front of the net, along the boards and lands some big hits. He also is really good defensively, he reads the game well and rarely does any mistakes. He is good offensively as he is a good skater, he has good vision and he has great work ethic."

He sounds like he would fit rite in to the sharks system.

How about using a second or third on him?

Old
06-11-2004, 10:13 PM
sharkyz15

These players also intrest me

Michal Sersen Defence 6'2/190 Rimouski - QMJHL Slovakia

Blessed with great skills, Michal Sersen promises to become a good two-way defenceman who plays a solid defensive game but who can also help on offence. He is a good skater, he has a great vision and he has a good shot. He is solid in his own zone with good positionning and he makes a solid first pass. He isn't too physical, but he prefer playing an intelligent game and use his hockey sense.

Sami Lepisto Defence 6'0/176 Helsinki - FNL Finland

Sami Lepisto had a really good WJC, which made him skyrocket in the 2004 draft rankings. Now he's back to a normal spot as he doesn't really have top 20 written all over him. He is an offensive defenceman with good skating abilities, a good vision and some good passing skills. He is good defensively but he isn't enough physical, he is easy to beat along the boards. If he bulks up a bit, he might become a good defenceman.

Blake Wheeler Right Wing 6'5/210 Breck - USHS United States

Blake Wheeler is a gigantic forward playing for Breck in the Minnesota State High School League. He is a massive strong forward with good offensive skills including a powerful hard slap shot and good stickhandling. Even if he's big, he still is a pretty good skater. He has a good work ethic and still have a few inches to grow.

Sergei Ogorodnikov Centre 6'2/185 Tver - RUS Russia

Sergei Ogorodnikov saw his stock rising for the draft after an awesome U-18 tournament with team Russia. A big forward with excellent offensive skills including awesome hockey sense and great hands. Despite being big, he needs to work on his physical game as he rarely takes the body and lose a lots of battle along the boards. Ogorodnikov is a project but could become a great goalscorer for the team who'll draft him.

David Booth Left Wing 6'1/212 Michigan State - NCAA United States

The team who'll draft David Booth this summer hopes to get a powerforward who can play a good two-way game, who has the skills to score twenty goals a season, who can be physical and who has a great work ethic. Booth is a strong man who can play in the corners and in front of the net, he's also aware defensively. He also have some skills offensively including a good shot and some good hands, while is skating is quite good. He is a competitor who can play an energy game and who comes out to play in every games.

Carl Söderberg Centre 6'3/198 Malmo - SWE Sweden

Carl Söderberg is a big two-way forward who can play on any roles for a team. He can be physical and play well along the boards and in front of the net, he is aware defensively and has good offensive skills inclunding an accurate wrist shot, awesome vision, strong skating and good puckhandling abilities. He can be considered as a complete package, but every aspect of his game could still use some work.

Martins Karsums

I would love to draft any of these guys in second round.

Thoughts on any of these players?

Old
06-11-2004, 10:28 PM
sharkyz15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cheech4
Brian Bickett as the 28th overall pick, by the Sharks? I would like to see the Sharks draft him, but I don't see him being drafted in the 1st and early 2nd rounds.
The scouting report on him makes me cringe "incon-you nkow what"

If players like mike green, radulov, and maybe grahme are off the board, I would like the sharks trading down into the second round and get either a few high picks later in this draft or a first next year which i believe should be a much better draft

correct me if im wrong about the 05 draft

Old
06-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Kevin Wey

Lepisto: I'd love for San Jose to trade their late 60's pick up to the 50's with the intention of getting Lepisto. Even if not, this pick might end up Aki Seitsonen, since Lepisto may be gone before 50...

Green: Most Mock Drafts I've seen have him going before San Jose gets to him. No need to trade up for Green considering who's in San Jose's system.

Sersen: Again, with the Mock Drafts, Sersen hasn't been going before the late second round. He's not a must-have for San Jose.

Karsums: If San Jose still has their late 60's pick, Karsums is one of my favorites for this spot. Another guy I like at this pick is Shawn Weller, and then also maybe a goalie like Dave Brown. (If San Jose does draft Alexandrov in the first round, then I'd be more in favor of drafting Weller with late 60's pick.)

Ogorodnikov: Why go for an unknown Russian when you can take Alexandrov late in the first round? (You knew that was coming )

Wheeler: Someone who will likely go after 28th but before the 46-50th pick San Jose will receive for Selanne.

Booth: Considering how San Jose needs offensive skill over another two-way forward, I'd rather San Jose invest in a guy like Alexandrov, who has top offensive talent and a strong work ethic. (Not elite offensive talent, but still quite good.)

Soderberg: Same rationale as I gave for Booth.

My dream first day would be San Jose trading up for another mid-second round pick and coming home with Alexandrov, Lepisto and Seitsonen.

Old
06-12-2004, 10:43 AM
sharkyz15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Wey
Lepisto: I'd love for San Jose to trade their late 60's pick up to the 50's with the intention of getting Lepisto. Even if not, this pick might end up Aki Seitsonen, since Lepisto may be gone before 50...

Green: Most Mock Drafts I've seen have him going before San Jose gets to him. No need to trade up for Green considering who's in San Jose's system.

Sersen: Again, with the Mock Drafts, Sersen hasn't been going before the late second round. He's not a must-have for San Jose.

Karsums: If San Jose still has their late 60's pick, Karsums is one of my favorites for this spot. Another guy I like at this pick is Shawn Weller, and then also maybe a goalie like Dave Brown. (If San Jose does draft Alexandrov in the first round, then I'd be more in favor of drafting Weller with late 60's pick.)

Ogorodnikov: Why go for an unknown Russian when you can take Alexandrov late in the first round? (You knew that was coming )

Wheeler: Someone who will likely go after 28th but before the 46-50th pick San Jose will receive for Selanne.

Booth: Considering how San Jose needs offensive skill over another two-way forward, I'd rather San Jose invest in a guy like Alexandrov, who has top offensive talent and a strong work ethic. (Not elite offensive talent, but still quite good.)

Soderberg: Same rationale as I gave for Booth.

My dream first day would be San Jose trading up for another mid-second round pick and coming home with Alexandrov, Lepisto and Seitsonen.
I too would like the sharks to get a few more second round picks. Again, I would not be opposed to trading our first round pick for 2 if not 3 second rounders.

I would love if the sharks could draft Ryan Garlock (He has now my man ) Blake Wheeler (look at his numbers, physical numbers), Victor Alexandrov, and Sami Lepisto all in the second round

Closed Thread