Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Thrashers Roster 08/09

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Lux Aurumque*

vCash: 500
Updated with the additions of Reasoner and Williams.

Kovalchuk-Little-Williams
Kozlov-Christensen-Armstrong
Stuart-Reasoner-Perrin
Boulton-Slater-LaVallee
Thorburn

Enstrom-Bogosian
Hainsey-Nikulin
Havelid-Valabik
Klee

Lehtonen
Hedberg

I'm starting to like our chances of competing for the division. We have a solid defensive corps (As long as Nikulin comes over), and our offense, if Williams can stay healthy, should be improved over last year. Most people are penciling in Christensen as Kovy's center, but I think, due to the fact that they're both goal scorers, that it is not a good choice. Little and Williams with Kovy makes much more sense. I think Kozlov and Christensen could have a TON of chemistry, while Armstrong could fill in for the softness of the rest of that line, and create room in front of the net.

I REALLY like our bottom-6.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:33 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
Updated with the additions of Reasoner and Williams.

Kovalchuk-Little-Williams
Kozlov-Christensen-Armstrong
Stuart-Reasoner-Perrin
Boulton-Slater-LaVallee
Thorburn

Enstrom-Bogosian
Hainsey-Nikulin
Havelid-Valabik
Klee

Lehtonen
Hedberg

I'm starting to like our chances of competing for the division. We have a solid defensive corps (As long as Nikulin comes over), and our offense, if Williams can stay healthy, should be improved over last year. Most people are penciling in Christensen as Kovy's center, but I think, due to the fact that they're both goal scorers, that it is not a good choice. Little and Williams with Kovy makes much more sense. I think Kozlov and Christensen could have a TON of chemistry, while Armstrong could fill in for the softness of the rest of that line, and create room in front of the net.

I REALLY like our bottom-6.
So you're counting on a Todd White trade? I agree that having Reasoner around makes him a bit redundant, but I think the only difference will be Slater gets stuck on a wing and Larsen in the AHL or waived.

Old
07-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
So you're counting on a Todd White trade? I agree that having Reasoner around makes him a bit redundant, but I think the only difference will be Slater gets stuck on a wing and Larsen in the AHL or waived.
I'm a little more concerned about the reliance on Nikulin. And putting Havelid on the 3rd pairing is probably not a great idea. I think you'll see Havelid with Enstrom again and Klee with Valabik. Enstrom might frost your cake, but he's still a second year guy and in no position to mentor Bogosian. Not sure what's going to happen there, maybe Exelby. There's a lot of ute on the blueline and unless EA Sports runs the league, this team is going to suck again.

Old
07-23-2008, 02:56 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashers=cup05 View Post
My only question is why would you put a dman who we are paying 5.5 mil a year on the 3rd pairing so he plays 10 min a game

Sometimes when making line combinations, you place a player on ther second unit simply because of chemistry. Its like Detroit having lilja with Lidstrom a few years ago. Was he a 1st pairing guy? absolutely not. But 5on5 thats where its best for him. Hainsey and Enstrom will be basically the 1-2 punch for the thrashers next year. Hainsey 5on5 will simply be better off with the second defensive unit with a Stay at home defenseman. He will probably also see the 1-2 most minutes on the blueline.

Great williams signing too guys. Jwill was liked by some in Detroit and we all see him as a very underrated offensively gifted forward who just needs to break out. He should not disappoint.

Old
07-04-2009, 09:31 PM
dunwoody_joe

Quick look back on last summer predictions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Explain to me how Carolina, Washington, and Florida got better.

The Canes lost one of their best forwards for a defenseman whose play is so strong nobody wants him for more than one season.

The Panthers lost their best offensive threat, and PP performer while beefing up their D. They replaced him with Stillman.

The Caps lost both of their goalies from last season, and replaced them with a goalie whose head hasn't been screwed on right for 2-3 seasons.

I think it is fair to say that nobody knows what Tampa is going to do yet, but they sure didn't get any better at keeping the puck out of their net this offseason.

Old
07-04-2009, 09:50 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

In my defense, the Canes turned it around as soon as they got Cole back at the deadline. And the Caps ended up using their rookie goaltender in the playoffs, since their starter was inept.

Old
07-04-2009, 10:16 PM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
holy crap we're going to suck.

My prediction was spot on.

Old
07-04-2009, 11:04 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
So it looks like our only hope is to get out-sucked by the rest of the division. On a positive note, John Anderson has never finished a season below .500 at any level of coaching. That should say something about what he is able to get out of players.
Haha, me too

Closed Thread