HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: Bruins fans affection for Bergeron

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
OT: Bruins fans affection for Bergeron

The Bruins board has a thread that asserts the Bruins are the 3rd best team in the NHL--on paper. Not all of their fans agree with that evaluation but some of them are so wrapped up in hero worship that they wouldn't trade Patrice Bergeron for Evgeni Malkin or they'd be extremely sad if it happened. They're entitled to their fetishes. I wouldn't be sad if the Habs traded one (or several) of my favorite players for Malkin. On the contrary, I'd be happy. We'd no longer have to wish we had a 37-year-old Sundin for 2 years because we'd have Malkin for 15.

Old
07-22-2008, 07:35 PM
couz

Not with that defense and a goalie that has ups and downs as much as Thomas.

Old
07-22-2008, 07:38 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

*Waits for Vic Rattlehead to respond to thread...

Old
07-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The Bruins board has a thread that asserts the Bruins are the 3rd best team in the NHL--on paper. Not all of their fans agree with that evaluation but some of them are so wrapped up in hero worship that they wouldn't trade Patrice Bergeron for Evgeni Malkin or they'd be extremely sad if it happened. They're entitled to their fetishes. I wouldn't be sad if the Habs traded one (or several) of my favorite players for Malkin. On the contrary, I'd be happy. We'd no longer have to wish we had a 37-year-old Sundin for 2 years because we'd have Malkin for 15.
I'd do it, Bergeron ain't got **** on Malkin. Especially post-concussion "questionmark" Bergeron.

Old
07-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Penalty Killer

3rd best? Wow, talk about pessimistic. I think they could beat the combined rosters of Detroit and Montreal blindfolded, 18-2. It's true.

Old
07-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Quiet Robert

I though Bruins fans were supposed to be the obsessed ones...

Basically the point of this thread was for you to say that you would not only be willing to trade Bergeon for Malkin, but you'd also be willing to trade some of our players? Awesome, so would every GM in the league.

While we're at it, why don't I mention a thread I read about Lucic on the Bruins board to say that I would be favour of starting Carey Price 75% of the time next year. It makes about as much sense and is just as relevant.

Old
07-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I don't know about the Bergeron thing or top 3, but bias aside, the Bruins are a pretty good team on paper.

Old
07-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Most Bruin fans were saying the original poster was way off for saying they were the third best team in the NHL. And even more were saying the guy was nuts for claiming Bergeron to be better than Malkin.

Old
07-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Stradale

I bet they wouldnt trade Ryder for Rick Nash either.

Old
07-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Le depisteur

How a team can have 1.6M$ over the cap and have Sturm as best winger and Wideman as 2nd D? How a team like that can be the 3rd best team in the league???

Old
07-22-2008, 07:50 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Most Bruin fans were saying the original poster was way off for saying they were the third best team in the NHL. And even more were saying the guy was nuts for claiming Bergeron to be better than Malkin.
Yeah but these days to judge a group of people you have to take the worst of the bunch as the example

Old
07-22-2008, 07:55 PM
couz

Bruins are a team that maxs out at 6th place in the east.

I like the Pens,Sens,Rangers,Washington,Philly,NJ and obviously the Habs as bets to finish ahead of Boston.

Old
07-22-2008, 07:56 PM
znk

I've stated many times that I think the Bruins are much better then most here think. It's easy to think that if you only base your judgement by the games when they faced the Habs.

Old
07-22-2008, 07:56 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

they have one of the deepest best balanced offenses in the League and they have lots of NHL-ready youth with potential (Bergeron, Kessel, Lucic, Sobotka, Krejci etc.) Goaltending and Defense are two rather large question marks. but IMO they're forwards play good defense. they're tied for my second favourite team

Old
07-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I've stated many times that I think the Bruins are much better then most here think. It's easy to think that if you only base your judgement by the games when they faced the Habs.
Julien got the max of this team that was suppose to finish 15th. He might be fired by January.

Old
07-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 View Post
they have one of the deepest best balanced offenses in the League and they have lots of NHL-ready youth with potential (Bergeron, Kessel, Lucic, Sobotka, Krejci etc.) Goaltending and Defense are two rather large question marks. but IMO they're forwards play good defense. they're tied for my second favourite team
You cannot talk about deep offense when your best winger is Sturm...

They are not a good team, they have a good coach...

Old
07-22-2008, 08:02 PM
anarmandaleb

Here we go again, laughing at the Bruins fans. Why? How bored are we?

They may not be the 3rd best in the NHL on paper, but they're a good team. One that's going to give the Habs trouble next season.

Of course, whoever wouldn't take Malkin on their team is either an idiot or already has Malkin on their team.

Old
07-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Pascal

Bruins fans are in a world of their own, forget about them. Apparently Ryder could score 40 this year!

Old
07-22-2008, 08:10 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Bruins fans are in a world of their own, forget about them. Apparently Ryder could score 40 this year!
Ryder will reverse the curse on his own and we will never beat the bruins again

Old
07-22-2008, 08:15 PM
HotPie

Um, does anyone remember how people would choose Price Vs. Crosby thread on these boards?

Yeah, I thought so.

Old
07-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
*Waits for Vic Rattlehead to respond to thread...
I honestly thought this was a thread on the B's board - it was in the Northeast section.

Anyways, all I'll say is this: The B's are not the 3rd best team on paper in the league. Not even in the East.

Does this mean I'm allowed to take something stupid on this board and post it on the B's board now?

EDIT---By the way, I'd take Malkin over Bergeron any day of the week. And Bergeron is my favourite player - that's just how good Malkin is.

Old
07-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Yes, because one guys represents an entire fanbase. Excellent logic!

Old
07-22-2008, 08:20 PM
AH

Bruins are not even the 3rd best team in the NE division.

Here is a bold prediction. With Sundin in the lineup, the Maple Leafs finish ahead of Boston in 08-09.

Old
07-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Bruins are not even the 3rd best team in the NE division.

Here is a bold prediction. With Sundin in the lineup, the Maple Leafs finish ahead of Boston in 08-09.
But the Leafs already finished behind the Bruins with Sundin in the lineup last season.

Old
07-22-2008, 08:22 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
Julien got the max of this team that was suppose to finish 15th. He might be fired by January.
Here is the record of both teams against the rest of the NHL.
MTL:39-25-10 for 88 points
BOS:41-22-11for 93 points

We had pretty much an injury free season. They missed one of their top players for the whole season.

I dont know what kind of reasoning you guys are using but it's certainly not objective.

Closed Thread