HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is this?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-22-2008, 09:15 PM
  #1
King Henrik
Registered User
 
King Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Staten Island
Country: United States
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
What is this?

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=955&cHash=db4255ecd4

King Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 09:27 PM
  #2
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Pre season in Europe I guess... Mmmm


Maybe Renny will make his ****ing mind up about whos on the team and some real lines.

Otherwise the Rangers are getting their ***** handed to them by those Euro teams..

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 09:33 PM
  #3
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Pre season in Europe I guess... Mmmm


Maybe Renny will make his ****ing mind up about whos on the team and some real lines.

Otherwise the Rangers are getting their ***** handed to them by those Euro teams..
It's not "preseason", it's the Rangers playing in the inaugural Victoria Cup game against Malkin's old team, and then playing another game against a SEL team.

It's after preseason, just a few days before the regular season starts in Prague.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 09:37 PM
  #4
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
It's not "preseason", it's the Rangers playing in the inaugural Victoria Cup game against Malkin's old team, and then playing another game against a SEL team.

It's after preseason, just a few days before the regular season starts in Prague.

So its pre season....

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 09:48 PM
  #5
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Its also a silly exhibition. Why the Rangers? Because they were statistically better than Tampa Bay ( the other NHL franchise that is already Euro bound this fall)

It should be Metallurg vs The Red Wings

But since they obviously choose NYR because they are already over there....how about a mini ALL STAR team made up of Rangers and Bolts!!!!

Prospal Lecavalier Naslund
Dawes Gomez St Louis
Malone Drury Zherdev
Vrbata Dubinski Oulette

Redden Boyle
Staal O Brian
Roszival Kuba


Henrik
Ollie the Goalie

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 09:49 PM
  #6
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
So its pre season....
I guess it depends what you think of as "preseason". By your definition, right now is "preaseason" because it's before the season, but I think of "preseason" as the time when NHL clubs play exhibition games against one another in preparation for the NHL season. This isn't, this has nothing to do with the league, except that the Rangers are the NHL's representative in an international game, I don't consider these "preseason" games.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 09:51 PM
  #7
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
This isn't, this has nothing to do with the league, except that the Rangers are the NHL's representative in an international game, I don't consider these "preseason" games.
You havent seen Rennys lines yet.



Pre season games are exhibitions so the coach can toil over the talent at hand. Is Renny going to WAR for the NHL....

I find that hard to believe. If so they better mash the Bolts and Rangers together

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 09:56 PM
  #8
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Its also a silly exhibition. Why the Rangers? Because they were statistically better than Tampa Bay ( the other NHL franchise that is already Euro bound this fall)

It should be Metallurg vs The Red Wings

But since they obviously choose NYR because they are already over there....how about a mini ALL STAR team made up of Rangers and Bolts!!!!

Prospal Lecavalier Naslund
Dawes Gomez St Louis
Malone Drury Zherdev
Vrbata Dubinski Oulette

Redden Boyle
Staal O Brian
Roszival Kuba


Henrik
Ollie the Goalie
That would be pretty cool.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:02 PM
  #9
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Before the cap that could have actually been the Rangers.

The 4th line would need more toughness and a fighter in the NHL. But not over there

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:04 PM
  #10
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
You havent seen Rennys lines yet.

And I don't think I want to.


Quote:

Pre season games are exhibitions so the coach can toil over the talent at hand. Is Renny going to WAR for the NHL....

I find that hard to believe. If so they better mash the Bolts and Rangers together
I think you're overrating the KHL teams. I don't expect the Rangers to have trouble with Metallurg, at all. The only thing I could see possibly giving the Rangers trouble is if they place on an international-sized rink, which I'm not sure whether they are or not. Still, though, I think the Rangers win rather easily.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:05 PM
  #11
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Its also a silly exhibition. Why the Rangers? Because they were statistically better than Tampa Bay ( the other NHL franchise that is already Euro bound this fall)

It should be Metallurg vs The Red Wings

But since they obviously choose NYR because they are already over there....how about a mini ALL STAR team made up of Rangers and Bolts!!!!

Prospal Lecavalier Naslund
Dawes Gomez St Louis
Malone Drury Zherdev
Vrbata Dubinski Oulette

Redden Boyle
Staal O Brian
Roszival Kuba


Henrik
Ollie the Goalie
Any reason Boyle is hanging out in Europe with the Bolts, when he's now a member of SJ?

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
  #12
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Before the cap that could have actually been the Rangers.
And they probably would've missed the playoffs.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:07 PM
  #13
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post


I think you're overrating the KHL teams. I don't expect the Rangers to have trouble with Metallurg, at all.

That team is going to kick the Rangers pre season teams ass. They will be far into the KHL season by than.

Its a ******** premise. Its just an exhibition

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:07 PM
  #14
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,420
vCash: 500
Oh nice. So now that European clubs who will never have a chance in the NHL get to show the NHL what they are made of..i'm sure they will goon it up and injure half our players before the season starts.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:08 PM
  #15
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Any reason Boyle is hanging out in Europe with the Bolts, when he's now a member of SJ?
oops....lol I guess he could be hanging since its pre season. I guess SJ wouldnt dig on that...

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:10 PM
  #16
irishlaxburger2
Registered User
 
irishlaxburger2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Oh nice. So now that European clubs who will never have a chance in the NHL get to show the NHL what they are made of..i'm sure they will goon it up and injure half our players before the season starts.
Hopefully that doesnt end up being the case.

I do like the added international attention this will give us though.

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
  #17
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Oh nice. So now that European clubs who will never have a chance in the NHL get to show the NHL what they are made of..i'm sure they will goon it up and injure half our players before the season starts.
Renny starts the Wolfpack


Seriously, I'm thinking the Rangers might be settled down a bit before they fly the whole team to Europe for the start of the season. How many borderline prospects will make the trip? Im guessing not many, if any.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:12 PM
  #18
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
And they probably would've missed the playoffs.
So true.. Lecavalier wins the Art Ross and misses the playoffs

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:23 PM
  #19
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Why am I getting the impression that most of you had no clue these games were even taking place?

They weren announced months ago, same time the Prague games were announced.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:31 PM
  #20
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Renny starts the Wolfpack


Seriously, I'm thinking the Rangers might be settled down a bit before they fly the whole team to Europe for the start of the season. How many borderline prospects will make the trip? Im guessing not many, if any.
i would imagine a couple players would make the trip.....anisimov, korpikoski and byers may all still be with the team....same with jessiman as the more experience they get with the big club the better and those games dont mean **** to the rangers

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 09:43 AM
  #21
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,932
vCash: 500
Why are the Rangers doing a freaking world tour?


Might as well stop in Japan and play a game there too.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 10:30 AM
  #22
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,389
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Why are the Rangers doing a freaking world tour?


Might as well stop in Japan and play a game there too.
What happened to that Japanese goalie? We need to bring him aboard before we do that.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 11:15 AM
  #23
Jackson Ranger
Registered User
 
Jackson Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Why are the Rangers doing a freaking world tour?


Might as well stop in Japan and play a game there too.
Well, they've already been to Mystery Alaska to play a game!

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 12:43 PM
  #24
King of cool
The winning hat
 
King of cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under your skin
Country: France
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
Don't worry guys, There will be some people to root for the team in those 2 pre-season games in Bern.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 12:54 PM
  #25
Scotty Hockey
Registered User
 
Scotty Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Commack, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 362
vCash: 500
The Rangers play Tuesday against SC Bern and Wednesday against Metallurg before heading to CR for the weekend. Old news. I'll be there. Bought my tickets a few weeks back. Bern is international sized and an incredible rink to play at, at least from what I have heard from Swiss fans and on YouTube ...

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.