HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundin to Montreal Rumors and Discussion Part 8

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
I think that's a myth Ice Poutine. I have read/heard it a couple of times that she works for MLSE or Leafs TV but I seriously doubt it - like that piece said, she still resides in Stockholm...

Old
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I think that's a myth Ice Poutine. I have read/heard it a couple of times that she works for MLSE or Leafs TV but I seriously doubt it - like that piece said, she still resides in Stockholm...
Plus her last name is Johansson....

Old
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Well i only mentioned it because i heard it at 110% and it was Pierre Rinfret that said it. He's very rarely saying things he's not sure of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Would she be as hot as Tiger's "Swedish Nanny"?
He's 37 and she's barely 25... millionaire cradle robber!

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-22-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
'Cause he was pissed at Toronto and time heals. The more we let that thing go, the more he has a chance to go back there. Going back to a worst team, though we don't know the impact of the kids there, means that he'll take that team on his shoulders, like Barry told team1040 that it's exactly what he wants to do and will try to bring that team in the playoffs. I mean the Eastern Conference will not be incredibly tough this year. It is somewhat possible that a surprising Toronto team with a Sundin on a mission takes the 8th spot......or the 14th.....

The only reason why Toronto would want him is to give somewhat something to their fans. As much as some people would want to lose big time to get Tavares, I,m not really sure it's the opinion of everybody. Pretty sure most people would want to see him back and if he chooses them over us or Vancouver, he will come back as a God who doesn't want to abandon his team.

Not wanting to play for Detroit means that the Cup for him is not that important.
I think Sundin is tired of trying to carry subpar Toronto teams into the playoffs. The only reason he's not dismissing them in his interview is because he played there 13 years. At this point in his career and where Toronto is at right now, there is no logical reason to go back there.

Old
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
couz

She doesn't even live in Toronto full time for crying out loud.

"currently lives in Stockholm, Sweden"

Lets be honest even if she has a career in Toronto does it take precedence over Sundin's.

Get a place in Old Montreal, it feels like Sweden.

That's the great thing about Old Montreal, it feels like any European city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Well i only mentioned it because i heard it at 110% and it was Pierre Rinfret that said it. He's very rarely saying things he's not sure of.
Rinfret is a good guy, but he's not media anymore, he's just a fan now, like any of us so he hears what we hear.

I also heard she had a job at MLSE but who knows.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-22-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old
07-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

Quote:
I think Sundin is tired of trying to carry subpar Toronto teams into the playoffs. The only reason he's not dismissing them in his interview is because he played there 13 years. At this point in his career and where Toronto is at right now, there is no logical reason to go back there.
but but but...they got Joe Nieuwendyk in the front office now! They are so turning it around as a result!

And more **** from Canucks fans over at the trade rumors board. And they accuse us of being cocky?

And it looks like the Nucks board has another new insider now. lolz.

Old
07-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
I dont know if it been said in this thread but Sundin's new wife is employed by MLSE. Now i kinda think she's going to want to stay in the town where she works and people talk the same language as she does.

Its Toronto or retirement for Mats
Sundin's fiancee is a swedish model... she is not employed by MLSE.... the reporter you got that from got his info mixed up.

Old
07-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
It's not that he DIDN'T want to go to Detroit, it's that he wasn't ready to make his decision and they could get Hossa at a discount. If Hossa had called Gainey and offered to sign 1 year 7 mil, he'd have been a Hab within the hour.
Sundin or Barry mentioned to the Wings "You don't need a Mats Sundin to win"....is it something you say if you're that interested??? His response was not "I'm undecided or anything else even if it was the truth. At that time, that's the answer that they come up with.

"He wants to be with the team that he can help win". Wings won already last year and strangely, Sundin doesn't think he'll help the Wings to win again or at least he seems to think that he won't be the "MAIN PART" as Barry says in the interview.

So my understanding is that he obviously still wants to play but not only that, he wants to feel like he has the most important role on the team that will get him and that he'll make that team win more than they'll lose. Not sure if the Cup is the main goal in all of this but a winning regular season and a succesful playoffs seems to be what he has in mind. But mostly, the idea that he'll make a SIGNIFICANT difference in the team that will bring him aboard. Barry said a lot of things lately but nowhere do we hear about the Cup nor do we hear about the West vs East. Again, why is he still considering Vancouver if the West is so out of the question?

Or is it between the money & the Swedish factor (Vancouver), the loyalty and possibility to surprise people with a young team (Toronto) or the best chance to win the Cup (Montreal). While I'm not too sure that the Cup is what he has in mind, I don't see Montreal as a favorite.

Quote:
What's the difference between dismissing them now, or not choosing them in the end? He would still have played there for 13 years and no matter how and when the decision is taken, if he doesn't choose the Leafs he will dissapoint some people.

Old
07-22-2008, 11:26 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
There's way too many conditions on his employement....I have the be the star, I have to play out east....blah blah blah.
He's said nothing, but you can jump to your own conclusions?

Old
07-23-2008, 01:44 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Sundin or Barry mentioned to the Wings "You don't need a Mats Sundin to win"....is it something you say if you're that interested??? His response was not "I'm undecided or anything else even if it was the truth. At that time, that's the answer that they come up with.

"He wants to be with the team that he can help win". Wings won already last year and strangely, Sundin doesn't think he'll help the Wings to win again or at least he seems to think that he won't be the "MAIN PART" as Barry says in the interview.

So my understanding is that he obviously still wants to play but not only that, he wants to feel like he has the most important role on the team that will get him and that he'll make that team win more than they'll lose. Not sure if the Cup is the main goal in all of this but a winning regular season and a succesful playoffs seems to be what he has in mind. But mostly, the idea that he'll make a SIGNIFICANT difference in the team that will bring him aboard. Barry said a lot of things lately but nowhere do we hear about the Cup nor do we hear about the West vs East. Again, why is he still considering Vancouver if the West is so out of the question?

Or is it between the money & the Swedish factor (Vancouver), the loyalty and possibility to surprise people with a young team (Toronto) or the best chance to win the Cup (Montreal). While I'm not too sure that the Cup is what he has in mind, I don't see Montreal as a favorite.

What's the difference between dismissing them now, or not choosing them in the end? He would still have played there for 13 years and no matter how and when the decision is taken, if he doesn't choose the Leafs he will dissapoint some people.
That and also the fact Detroit is the only team in the west to be in a different time zone unless im mistaken.
That's what they were reporting on 110% at least.

The only reason Id put MTL ahead of the list is because its the team we're hearing the least about.
If Sundin is truly coming back, I doubt he'll got the VAN. If he was money hungry, he'd have accepted the offer already.
I think its between TOR and MTL really, unless there's also other teams secretly involved.
Which ever teams he chooses, he'll disappoint many fans.

Old
07-23-2008, 01:50 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Well I decided to venture back to the hospitable environment know as the Montreal board to see whats goin on with your guys' side only to find there is an entire thread balking at what I said at the Trades and rumours board?

I said you guys have better wingers. Period. And I said only a moron would argue that. WHAT I SAID WAS you guys are selling Bernier and Raymond short, and are trashing someone like Demitra for no reason. BTW, the none biased look at it:

Demitra=Tanguay
Raymond=S.Kostitsyn
A.Kostitsyn>Bernier
Kovalev>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wellwood

Old
07-23-2008, 01:56 AM
guest1467

Columbus is in the eastern time zone as well.

Old
07-23-2008, 05:50 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Well I decided to venture back to the hospitable environment know as the Montreal board to see whats goin on with your guys' side only to find there is an entire thread balking at what I said at the Trades and rumours board?

I said you guys have better wingers. Period. And I said only a moron would argue that. WHAT I SAID WAS you guys are selling Bernier and Raymond short, and are trashing someone like Demitra for no reason. BTW, the none biased look at it:

Demitra=Tanguay
Raymond=S.Kostitsyn
A.Kostitsyn>Bernier
I'm not gonna argue with that because they're accurate as of now if you don't take potential into consideration, but...

Who does Higgins the guy that scored 72 goals in his only 3 seasons (not complete seasons) in the NHL compare to?

And Plekanec the guy that excels in both ends of the ice that finished with 29 goals and 40 assists last season?

Hell, even the guy that's in everyone's doghouse, Latendresse. Isn't he a younger version of Bernier?

They all made the NHL before the Kostitsyn's and are considered as the centerpieces of the team too.

Old
07-23-2008, 06:12 AM
MrNasty

Does Vancouver not realize that the rest of the hockey world is laughing their ass off at them and their desperate attempts to lure Sundin?

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...f-1ed2417fa1fd

Old
07-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Pascal

personally i'd be happy if the Nucks got him. Much rather a canadian team gets him than say NYR or DET... Unless it's Toronto or Ottawa it's always good when a Canadian club does well imo.

Old
07-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Fozz

Quote:
I dont know if it been said in this thread but Sundin's new wife is employed by MLSE. Now i kinda think she's going to want to stay in the town where she works and people talk the same language as she does.

Its Toronto or retirement for Mats
Why couldn't she stay in TO if Sundin plays for Montreal? We're not talking a long term contract here... It's just one year. Heck, it might even be good for their couple... He doesn't have to listen to her all the time.

Quote:
lollll
Pierre Rinfret doesn't know anything about hockey. I'm sure you know that already... Please tell me you do.

Quote:

Demitra=Tanguay
Raymond=S.Kostitsyn
A.Kostitsyn>Bernier
hmmm... no (for the bold part)

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-23-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old
07-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Beakermania*

No for Demitra = Tanguay either....

There is a reason why Demitra remained on the Free Agent market for as long as he did....

He's injury prone and not the player he was before the lockout.

An unbiased view would be

Tanguay >> Demitra

AKostitsyn >> Bernier

Old
07-23-2008, 07:55 AM
couz

Bernier is NOT better than AKos.

Are you kidding me?

There's a reason Buffalo wasn't that into making an effort to keep him....oh and SJ also.

Old
07-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

Quote:

I said you guys have better wingers. Period.
While adding this first:

''Well it is pretty comical Hab fans think Kost/Kost/Tanguay/Kovalev are THAT much better than Demitra/Raymond/Bernier/Wellwood''

And really, how is Raymond = S. Kostitsyn? Kostitsyn had slightly better offensive numbers but was also 2 years younger last season! Start a poll at the poll board and ask which one non-Canucks/Habs fans would take...

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 07-23-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old
07-23-2008, 08:36 AM
AH

Can we summarize the interview with Bary and how it breaks down?

Wants to be the Go To guy - Advantage Vancouver and Toronto.
Wants to be one of the top players on the team - Advantage all three.
Wants to be integral part of helping a team go over the top in terms of winning - Advantage Montreal.
It's not about money - advantage Toronto and Montreal.
Trying to come to terms with disapointments in Toronto (sounds like he is doing his best to forget what has transpired with former wife before moving on to next one) - Advantage Montreal and Vancouver.

Count...

Vancouver - 3
Montreal - 4
Toronto - 3

What else?

Old
07-23-2008, 08:36 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I was laying in bed thinking that Vancouver may be the last team that has a shot at Sundin.

Here's what we know.

If it was all about money, he would've signed in Vancouver already.
- Vancouver's offer is the highest monetarily. This is what they have to offer above all teams. Sundin dismisses that the most money is what matters.
He's pretty sure he's not going to play in the Olympics
- Vancouver made some weird ploy about defending the gold medal for Sweden in Vancouver. I dunno how this makes sense, it seems like a stupid reason to me but Sundin goes out of his way to state that it's most likely he won't play for his country again.

So, Sundin has specifically sent out two big messages that Vancouver's offer and ploys, the big two, have no affect on his decision on where to play.

Old
07-23-2008, 08:38 AM
AH

Quote:
While adding this first:

''Well it is pretty comical Hab fans think Kost/Kost/Tanguay/Kovalev are THAT much better than Demitra/Raymond/Bernier/Wellwood''

And really, how is Raymond = S. Kostitsyn? Kostitsyn had slightly better offensive numbers but was also a year younger last season! Start a poll at the poll board and ask which one non-Canucks/Habs fans would take...
Why is this guy signing the Bernier praise? Bernier is shiite. Does he think we didn't see him play in the Q and his poor work habits which have continued into the NHL? And the earlier post had praises of Wellwood... Wow, get a clue dude.

Old
07-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

Gillis just never stops talking, does he?

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...90b77feeb5&p=1

Here's to a certain thing called karma taking effect right about now.

Old
07-23-2008, 08:45 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Here's what we know.

If it was all about money, he would've signed in Vancouver already.
- Vancouver's offer is the highest monetarily. This is what they have to offer above all teams. Sundin dismisses that the most money is what matters.
He's pretty sure he's not going to play in the Olympics
- Vancouver made some weird ploy about defending the gold medal for Sweden in Vancouver. I dunno how this makes sense, it seems like a stupid reason to me but Sundin goes out of his way to state that it's most likely he won't play for his country again.

So, Sundin has specifically sent out two big messages that Vancouver's offer and ploys, the big two, have no affect on his decision on where to play.
Not to mention that he keeps insisting that he wants to make sure that he has enough energy to get through a rigorous NHL season before coming back to play. Hence, adding another 30K KM to his travel schedule does not make sense at any level.

Old
07-23-2008, 08:46 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Gillis just never stops talking, does he?

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...90b77feeb5&p=1

Here's to a certain thing called karma taking effect right about now.
Cue the Canucks fans.

This is hilarious, Sundin voluntarily mentioned Montreal as a team with an offer he's considering. Also either him or his agent mentioned there were other teams that pitched offers as well.

Oh, well, I hope they forget us, the media. Then we'll come swoop in at the last moment and land him.

Closed Thread