HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Tattoo

Old
07-23-2008, 01:12 AM
levski87

vCash: 500
True Life : None of you play for the Rangers or ever will. Its a SPORTS team for christ's sake. It's not ment to be taken this far with all these tats. I find it hilarious though how people can take a sports team to such a high level.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:03 AM
McMonster

^ your opinion doesn't matter... if someone wants to get a Ranger tattoo who are you to say that its stupid.... its their body, let them do what they want to it...

IMO, its pretty cool to have a Rangers tattoo... It takes dedication to a whole new level...

pretty soon I might get a little stanley cup tattoed on my leg with "1994" on the base of the cup...

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 07:12 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

I agree, I don't see where that's a stupid theme for a tatoo. As a die hard Rangers fan, I understand that. That lead dedication to a upper level like Dante says. Of course theme must stay sober and smart regardless. No need to get a jersey tatooed on the whole upper body... Would be stupid...

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 07:36 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9darter View Post
YAY. There I am. I'm getting ready to add to it in the fall.

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
True Life : None of you play for the Rangers or ever will. Its a SPORTS team for christ's sake. It's not ment to be taken this far with all these tats. I find it hilarious though how people can take a sports team to such a high level.

I get what you're saying, and I agree some of the people here take this way too seriously. But I think you post was unnecessarily heavy handed. If people are passionate enough about something, whether it's a sports team or Star Trek, and are willing to have that passion permanently inked onto their skin, then god bless'em.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 09:17 AM
thesnake

Quote:
I have lots of tattoos, and personally I'd never get a Rangers one... or one of any sports team or logo of any sort.

That being said, I would never think that I could tell someone what they should or shouldnt get put on their bodies. Someone who passes judgement on someone elses tattoo is just being a jerk as far as I'm concerned, and I would never do it. A NYR tattoo might not be right for you, but it might be perfect for someone else.

Bottom line is if you are going to get a tattoo, you should get it for yourself. If it makes you happy, that is all that matters. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

thesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 12:11 PM
patnyrnyg

don't get one at all. Remember, people are willing to pay a few hundred to have the tatoo put on and a few thousand to have it removed.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 12:22 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
don't get one at all. Remember, people are willing to pay a few hundred to have the tatoo put on and a few thousand to have it removed.
I semi-agree with that statement. It's just that some tats are actually meaningful, while others ( NY Rangers Tat ) are completely pointless. Your body just becomes a billboard for the Rangers, GJ.

Old
07-23-2008, 12:45 PM
patnyrnyg

What I also do not understand is why you are asking about this here. You are going to permanently put something on your body and your asking advice about it on a message board? Not sure a tatoo is something you want to do as an impulse buy or get as a vacation souvenir. Then again, I guess that is why tatoo removal is such a lucrative business.

Old
07-23-2008, 12:54 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
I wouldn't forget a family member or the Rangers, it's about showing devotion, and I haven't lost a family member and/or had one impact me on a great level to do such things.

However, I think your being extremely absurd, and to avoid trouble, as many here have tattoo's and Ranger tattoo's for that matter, you should keep that to yourself, or at least make your argument civil instead of insulting people for it.
If you want to show devotion, buy a hat or a jersey.

Old
07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Scotty Hockey

People get tattoos of things that are meaningful TO THEM. Your opinion is good for you and your body. I personally think that people who get stars and tribal tats when not in tribes are ridiculous but I don't condemn them for it. I love the Rangers, they have been the one stable thing in my life that gives me something to look forward to every year, even when the rest of my life is pissing all over me. So if I want to commemorate that meaning in a tattoo, who the hell are you to say that it is meaningless? What do you know? There is no reason for you to step in and be an a-hole when someone is honestly looking for help. Your rude response isn't going to show him 'the error of his ways,' it just shows that you are a closed-minded @#!$ ...

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:09 PM
patnyrnyg

Scotty, saying it is meaningful to you is understandable. However, if it is THAT meaningful to him, he wouldn't need to come here for advice.

Old
07-23-2008, 01:10 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Hockey View Post
People get tattoos of things that are meaningful TO THEM. Your opinion is good for you and your body. I personally think that people who get stars and tribal tats when not in tribes are ridiculous but I don't condemn them for it. I love the Rangers, they have been the one stable thing in my life that gives me something to look forward to every year, even when the rest of my life is pissing all over me. So if I want to commemorate that meaning in a tattoo, who the hell are you to say that it is meaningless? What do you know? There is no reason for you to step in and be an a-hole when someone is honestly looking for help. Your rude response isn't going to show him 'the error of his ways,' it just shows that you are a closed-minded @#!$ ...
Well said!

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 06:47 PM
levski87

Choose a small one, so that when you get it removed later in life it won't cost you that much Ha.

Old
07-23-2008, 07:04 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Scotty, saying it is meaningful to you is understandable. However, if it is THAT meaningful to him, he wouldn't need to come here for advice.
Coming to a board full of rangers fans seems like the perfect place to come for ideas, dude. It's not like he was just handing to tools to the people here, just seeking advice from people who would be knowledgeable and who might think it was cool.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Synergy27

I didn't really want to get involved in this, but I can't help but be reminded of this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c9a0K30VeMM

I find the last statement to be pretty interesting. You think any of the greats (Leetch, Messier, etc.) have Rangers tattoos?

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 10:37 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
I didn't really want to get involved in this, but I can't help but be reminded of this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c9a0K30VeMM

I find the last statement to be pretty interesting. You think any of the greats (Leetch, Messier, etc.) have Rangers tattoos?

They should.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Choice

Quote:
I kind of agree. it's almost like getting your favorite restaurants logo tattooed on you because you really like their steak. In the end is a company and a corporate logo. If I got tatted it would not be a sports team logo.

That being said, whenever i see a guy with a Rangers or Mets tattoo I have to tip my hat and say you're the man.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 10:53 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
What are you, his mom dude? Why the hell are you so concerned about the personal decisions of other people? It's not like what he's doing is going to make the quality of someone's life worse or something, it's a freaking tattoo.

I'm sure there are a lot of things that you do/don't do that people will not agree with. How would you like it if they told you what you're doing is stupid and wrong, and that you're an idiot for doing it? I'm sure you wouldn't like it either

You can give advice without being condescending you know

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Its called dedication and loyalty to an organization that he has loved for a long time. I have played and loved hockey since i was 5...Over 25 yrs of my life has been given to a sport that i love. If he loves something enough to get it tattooed on his body so be it. I have the NHL logo on my bicep and i don't regret it at all..

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 01:08 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
I don't have a tattoo and likely never will. They're not my thing. By the same token, if someone else wants to get one, it's their body and their choice. If you don't think a sport's logo makes sense, the solution is real simple: don't get one. Beyond that, what is it exactly that makes you think one other human being on this planet has to follow your beliefs, values, and ideals?

Cake or Death is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
If you want to show devotion, buy a hat or a jersey.
If you want to show your devotion that way, feel free. Why does anyone else have to adhere to your ideals on how they're allowed to express their devotion?

Old
07-24-2008, 01:18 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Why not? What if someone happens to toss out a great concept or idea that the OP loves? Once again, because you feel a certain way or adhere to a certain belief, why on earth do you feel another person has to live within the constraints of your belief system?

As I stated a few posts back, I don't much like tattoos, so I don't get them. How another person chooses to decorate their body or express themselves, that's not for me to judge or for me to decide. To each his/her own.

Old
07-24-2008, 07:36 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

It would be cool to see a tattoo of the banners (retires) kind of morphed together.

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2008, 04:43 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
This is the most stupid idea I've ever seen. Don't get a Rangers tat. It's ridiculous, what you are going to show off your Rangers tat, lol. Pathetic. It's what losers do. Get something meaningful, maybe a family member that has impacted you or something you always WANT to remember. Rangers will always be there, kinda hard to forget them.
Just because u dont like the idea don't call other people pathetic or losers. Thats what they wanted. I would never get 1 tho...
My friend lost a bet and had 2 get the Fish stick logo on his wrist facing up.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote