HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's Build Next Years Team - Fourth Line Right Wing

View Poll Results: Who should be the Fourth Line Right Wing for next years team?
Aaron Voros 41 42.71%
Patrick Rissmiller 7 7.29%
Lauri Korpikoski 20 20.83%
Colton Orr 24 25.00%
Artem Anisimov 1 1.04%
Greg Moore 3 3.13%
Other (please list below) 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Celestial Black

vCash: 500
Voros or Orr, but voted Korp cause I would like to see him on this team.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:40 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
For a team that is lacking in wingers who can put the puck in the net, I would rather keep Prucha than get a 3rd. Only way I want Prucha traded is if we get a proven 1st to 2nd line player in return.
fritsche can be that guy......give him some time on the scoring lines and he could turn into a good second line player....he has a great shot and great speed....all he needs is some time to gel with his linemates and to play with some guys with skill.....in columbus he wasnt allowed to do that too much except for when he played with nash and he was playing really well and putting up a good amount of points......i would rather add size and grit in the top 6 with fritsche than hope prucha doesnt get his head taken off every game while he skates with his head down

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:13 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
fritsche can be that guy......give him some time on the scoring lines and he could turn into a good second line player....he has a great shot and great speed....all he needs is some time to gel with his linemates and to play with some guys with skill.....in columbus he wasnt allowed to do that too much except for when he played with nash and he was playing really well and putting up a good amount of points......i would rather add size and grit in the top 6 with fritsche than hope prucha doesnt get his head taken off every game while he skates with his head down
I'm just wondering why you would rather give this guy the shot who has a career hi of 12 goals instead of our own homegrown guy that had a 30 goal rookie season and 22 the next year. Also Marcus Naslund had declining stats but we can give him a change right? Even with the tune of a NMC, yet we can't give the much younger Prucha the same chance? I admit, the more I read about Fritsche the more I like about him........but he was pretty much a throw in and that makes me wonder. Columbus wasn't a very deep team like the Rangers last year and he put up 22 pts in 69 games and he sounds wonderfull. Prucha put up 17 points in 62 games while being given limited time and he's being tossed out for a mid round pick and is considered as traid bait on these boards?

Is it just me of is that crazy logic? I give the more proven player like Prucha the chance and Fritsche goes ont he 3rd line. Prucha has balls and plays hard and when he's on his shot is really good. I don't care if he takes a big hit..........thats what we have guys like Colton Orr for no? Petr gets laid out Orr should be bashing his damn head in the glass. And he always gets back up........Prucha really won my respect and has become one of my favorite players. He didn't ***** and cry last year either like Malik which says he's a good team guy.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 10:31 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I'm just wondering why you would rather give this guy the shot who has a career hi of 12 goals instead of our own homegrown guy that had a 30 goal rookie season and 22 the next year. Also Marcus Naslund had declining stats but we can give him a change right? Even with the tune of a NMC, yet we can't give the much younger Prucha the same chance? I admit, the more I read about Fritsche the more I like about him........but he was pretty much a throw in and that makes me wonder. Columbus wasn't a very deep team like the Rangers last year and he put up 22 pts in 69 games and he sounds wonderfull. Prucha put up 17 points in 62 games while being given limited time and he's being tossed out for a mid round pick and is considered as traid bait on these boards?

Is it just me of is that crazy logic? I give the more proven player like Prucha the chance and Fritsche goes ont he 3rd line. Prucha has balls and plays hard and when he's on his shot is really good. I don't care if he takes a big hit..........thats what we have guys like Colton Orr for no? Petr gets laid out Orr should be bashing his damn head in the glass. And he always gets back up........Prucha really won my respect and has become one of my favorite players. He didn't ***** and cry last year either like Malik which says he's a good team guy.
because i am looking at the types of players they are.......dawes and drury are 5'10 or below.......prucha is about 5'10.......too small of a line.....plus drury and prucha just doesnt work....they are both shooters.....fritsche is a hard-working big body with a good shot.....i say lets see what he can do with those two and he adds size and grit to that line.....plus drury will most likely be going against the other teams best lines at home, so a bigger player who is better at defense then prucha might be a better idea with dawes already on that line

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Voted for Orr. Voros reminds me of Hollweg just with some offensive upside, but might take some boarding calls and lose some scraps.

But in the end, I don't mind a rotation with Orr and Voros depending on what team that are playing "us".
I wouldn't mind a Voros-Betts-Orr line either tbh, against the toughest teams in the league.

Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Voros hands down. I'd definitely take the guy who has some offensive upside and can fight a little bit over a guy who can just do the latter. Korpikoski has a large cap hit so he would have to really impress to make the team.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Voros hands down. I'd definitely take the guy who has some offensive upside and can fight a little bit over a guy who can just do the latter. Korpikoski has a large cap hit so he would have to really impress to make the team.
He sure as **** impressed me in the final game of the playoffs VS. the pens... to throw a rookie against one of, if not the most skilled team in the league in a elimination game, and for him to perform as he did shows alot in my opinion.

07-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post
He sure as **** impressed me in the final game of the playoffs VS. the pens... to throw a rookie against one of, if not the most skilled team in the league in a elimination game, and for him to perform as he did shows alot in my opinion.
But with his large cap hit I'd rather send him down because he can be sent down without having to go through waivers. Also I think he could play on the 4th line but I don't know if it would be good for his development.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Make the 1st line Defense poll.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 07:32 PM
otto1219

korpi on the third line, fritsche on the fourth with sjo and betts.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Make the 1st line Defense poll.
Inferno went out of town, he said he would be back Saturday. Gonna have to wait.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 12:08 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Definitely Voros....need a banger and a fighter in the lineup at all times. Voros is good for everyday games and when there is a heavyweight, Orr can go in.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 01:10 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Definitely Voros....need a banger and a fighter in the lineup at all times. Voros is good for everyday games and when there is a heavyweight, Orr can go in.
Voros isn't much of a fighter. Every team has at least one legit fighter/hard checker. What's Voros going to do against guys like Laraque? Hell, what's Voros going to do against even Hollweg when we play the Leafs? Because I seriously doubt Voros could even beat Hollweg in a fight.

I think this is going to be the year that we see Paul Mara dropping the gloves to protect the kids, but I don't want to rely on Mara. We have one of the top 5 if not top 3 fighters in the league on our squad. It's not a waste to have him in the lineup, teams definitely play differently when a guy like Orr is in the lineup.

You want a lineup that has this kind of size? With guys like Prucha and Dawes in it? You're gonna need a player who can legitimately protect them, and that guy is Orr, not Voros.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote