HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sydor to T.B. or L.A.?

Old
07-23-2008, 11:43 AM
CBGB

vCash: 500
Sydor to T.B. or L.A.?

This guy has been pretty reliable:

Quote:
The Penguins and Lightning are in talks that would put another Penguin in Tampa Bay, Darryl Sydor. Unconfirmed speculation has Sydor putting his Pittsburgh-area home up for sale.

Daryl Sydor demanded a trade at the draft. Shero has had discussions with LA, Atlanta and Tampa Bay regarding Sydor. I'm still not sure that Sydor will be moved this summer. I'm still hearing from some good sources that Shero wants to wait until after training camp before deciding whether to move Sydor or not. I can confirm that Tampa and LA have made offers - DePaoli -
The Insider On Pittsburgh Sports

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Tokala

Over a beer at the recent Lightning town hall meeting, Melrose told me that Sydor is NOT one of the veteran defense that they are looking at. On the other hand, Melrose stated weeks earlier that he'd have Dan Boyle playing 25-30 minutes per night.

Tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Seeing what Sydor went through when Barry was coaching LA, I wouldn't think he'd want him back.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Manbearpig48

I feel bad for any team that acquires him. He is only at the early stages of being a black hole..... I'd offer Sydor for a late 7th round pick in the 2009 draft

Manbearpig48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Kid_Roll

I first watched Sydor really intensely during Tampa Bay's run to the cup when they won it all.

I was under the impression that he was a great defenseman.

He is not.

He was just awful when I watched him. He did some of the most boneheaded plays I have ever seen during the playoff run, I honestly was shocked at how badly he did.

Now, maybe he was already on his downward spiral by this point, or maybe his offence really counters his **** defence, but yeah, I was kind of shocked at how badly I saw him play.

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:37 PM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
I first watched Sydor really intensely during Tampa Bay's run to the cup when they won it all.

I was under the impression that he was a great defenseman.

He is not.

He was just awful when I watched him. He did some of the most boneheaded plays I have ever seen during the playoff run, I honestly was shocked at how badly he did.

Now, maybe he was already on his downward spiral by this point, or maybe his offence really counters his **** defence, but yeah, I was kind of shocked at how badly I saw him play.
lol Sydor's 36 years old! He's been on a downward spiral for a couple of years now.

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:50 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyCupPens View Post
I feel bad for any team that acquires him. He is only at the early stages of being a black hole..... I'd offer Sydor for a late 7th round pick in the 2009 draft
In that case LA definately wants him. He'd be our #4 defenseman!

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote