HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Tampa Bay Lightning; NHL Champions

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2004, 10:07 PM
CuSa_1

vCash: 500
Tampa Bay Lightning; NHL Champions

Another team wins their first STANLEY CUP before the Blues. Oh well it'll make it all the more sweeter when we do it.

Congrats Tampa Bay and Calgary

Old
06-07-2004, 10:56 PM
degroat*

The Flames won their first Cup before the Blues too. Let's make a thread about them too.

Old
06-08-2004, 07:09 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stich
The Flames won their first Cup before the Blues too. Let's make a thread about them too.

WHY?

I really enjoyed watching the Bolts play in the playoffs. They are a very fast and skilled team that plays end to end w/o all of the trapping crap on D. The better team won last night and I am happy for them (Granted they stunk for over 10 years).

Old
06-08-2004, 08:59 AM
degroat*

I was being sarcastic because I'm sick of seeing this same thread on every Blues message board every year.

Old
06-08-2004, 12:35 PM
CuSa_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
WHY?

I really enjoyed watching the Bolts play in the playoffs. They are a very fast and skilled team that plays end to end w/o all of the trapping crap on D. The better team won last night and I am happy for them (Granted they stunk for over 10 years).

The Lightning was a great team this year. With out a doubt.

Old
06-08-2004, 01:44 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuSa_1
Another team wins their first STANLEY CUP before the Blues. Oh well it'll make it all the more sweeter when we do it.

Congrats Tampa Bay and Calgary
I was rooting for the Flames, but both of these teams play the game more like I feel it should be played, except for game seven last night. Ironically that was the worst game of the series. This was the best final Series in quite some time, Its too bad the NHL marketing people are morons and not many people saw it. This is the type of series that could have helped them market the game.

Anyways congrats to the Lightning.

Old
06-09-2004, 12:05 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
I was rooting for the Flames, but both of these teams play the game more like I feel it should be played, except for game seven last night. Ironically that was the worst game of the series.
Really? Aside from the Nolan Pratt interference call and that awful charging call at the end of the game I thought the game was everything a game seven should be. I loved it.

Oh, and Stillman has his name on the Cup. I will never, EVER forgive Pleau for that one.

Old
06-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Stankonia
Really? Aside from the Nolan Pratt interference call and that awful charging call at the end of the game I thought the game was everything a game seven should be. I loved it.
I agree w/ the King here. I really loved watching that game and the whole series for the most part. There was a lot of up and down play and limited clutching and grabbing until about 10 minutes to go in the game (then it unraveled a little).

I think the media really killed this series and the NHL should have gone out of it's way to market this brand of hockey. Any fan of the sport would have loved to watch this series and I think it could have made a difference in media share.

The problem was noone really got on board and promoted it as the best finals in about, well a lont time...

Old
06-10-2004, 02:45 PM
CuSa_1

Quote:
I agree w/ the King here. I really loved watching that game and the whole series for the most part. There was a lot of up and down play and limited clutching and grabbing until about 10 minutes to go in the game (then it unraveled a little).

I think the media really killed this series and the NHL should have gone out of it's way to market this brand of hockey. Any fan of the sport would have loved to watch this series and I think it could have made a difference in media share.

The problem was noone really got on board and promoted it as the best finals in about, well a lont time...
From about the 2nd round on it was the best playoff hockey I've seen in a while...

and who knows the first round may have been good too, my memories are a little skewed, as I'm sure most Blues fans' are.

Old
06-11-2004, 03:42 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Stankonia

Oh, and Stillman has his name on the Cup. I will never, EVER forgive Pleau for that one.
I wasnt really trying to say that game 7 was bad, I enjoyed it as well. I just enjoyed the extremes of physical play and the more open style that was played in the first 6. Game 7 this year was still far better than what we had seen in recent years.

Old
06-11-2004, 03:44 PM
c-carp

Quote:

You are right on about the media, and the NHL marketing or lack there of. The NHL marketing people border on being braindead.

Old
06-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Frenzy1

The big problem w/ it this year was ABC didn't about the market share and was not interested in improving it, by really sellling the series to the fans. (Why put forth the effort to market it if NBC gets to enjoy the benefiits next season). That was the main problem and a big shame as this is the type of hockey the NHL needs to sell.

Old
06-11-2004, 03:50 PM
c-carp

Quote:
The big problem w/ it this year was ABC didn't about the market share and was not interested in improving it, by really sellling the series to the fans. (Why put forth the effort to market it if NBC gets to enjoy the benefiits next season). That was the main problem and a big shame as this is the type of hockey the NHL needs to sell.
Hear ya loud and clear.

Old
06-12-2004, 06:30 PM
purple_heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
You are right on about the media, and the NHL marketing or lack there of. The NHL marketing people border on being braindead.
As mentioned before, I believe the entire NHL management is sub-par. They have demonstrated this on many occassions and have a long way to go before they have the marketing expertise of the NFL.

Closed Thread