HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Dennis Wideman 4-year (3.95M$ Cap hit)

Old
07-23-2008, 05:42 AM
24Cups

vCash: 500
I think Jeff Finger set the bar for the Wideman contract.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
generous this year in beantown........
when you have a top 4 dmen that plays suprisingly well in the role of a top 2 dmen during a contract year .... his GM gets a very clear thought: DOOOOOOOOOOOH!

is he a good player? yes. Is he worth 4m? I doubt it.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 01:29 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post

A 25 year old defenseman who can put up 35+ points, average 25+ minutes a game, and contribute on both ends of the ice? It's a win-win trade for both teams - too bad on HF, there has to be a winner for each trade.

come on man... the boys trade is terrible from a bruins point of view ... on a good 1rst pp unit, a dmen can rack up 35 pts. (ex: streit)

now, is he top 2 material defensively.... I don't think so...

the Boyes trade was terrible....terrible...terrible... its not as if boston had the luxury to throw away an offensive asset like boyes.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 06:53 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
come on man... the boys trade is terrible from a bruins point of view ... on a good 1rst pp unit, a dmen can rack up 35 pts. (ex: streit)

now, is he top 2 material defensively.... I don't think so...

the Boyes trade was terrible....terrible...terrible... its not as if boston had the luxury to throw away an offensive asset like boyes.
The Boyes deal might not be a great deal at this point in time, but what does it have to do with the signing?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Plekanetzz

Thx God we have Gainey

Plekanetzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Puckhead58*

Its ridiculous contracts like this one that is ruining the cap era of the NHL. Wideman had 1 good season and he gets $4 million a year???? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

These types of contracts are ruining the league. Look at the stupid contract that Bryan McCabe got a few years ago.....that bum is making $7 million a year and is only worth about $3. Overpaying players like that is stupid and its going to end up ruining the CBA.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Its ridiculous contracts like this one that is ruining the cap era of the NHL. Wideman had 1 good season and he gets $4 million a year???? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

These types of contracts are ruining the league. Look at the stupid contract that Bryan McCabe got a few years ago.....that bum is making $7 million a year and is only worth about $3. Overpaying players like that is stupid and its going to end up ruining the CBA.
How are these deals ruining the CBA.... Players can still only get 56% of revenues no matter what.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Bermy

he's a good player

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 07:00 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post

If Wideman turns into a McCabe, I will agree with you. As it is I think the Bruins are investing in the future. The contracts that are ruining the league are the fat guys getting paid HUGE $$$ for the past and not delivering in the future. The trick is for the GM to figure out which guy they have.

PS: If you think McCabe is worth 3 mm then the Bruins definitely got a bargain at 3.95 for Wideman. JFJ chose poorly.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote