HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Combos?

Old
07-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Line Combos?

I know this can go a million ways but meh it's interesting to see what people think

I have thought about different ones but what about this

Naslund, Gomez, Drury
Prucha, Dubinsky, Zherdev
Dawes, Fritsche, Callahan
Rissmiller/Voros, Betts, Sjostrom/Orr

I agree Korpikoski could and maybe should make the team but I don't see how he fits right now and he is only 21.............they do need to make room for him and next yr Anisimov( yes i always spell it wrong,haha) and even Byers

I see Moore, Parenteau and Jessiman as call ups for 4th line duty though as the others can stay in the minors to develop..........these guys are older around 24

Ahhhh yes and we forget about Jamtin who is 25 and from Sweden..................

I hate to say it buy Sjostrom is unsigned and it will not surprise anyone if they make a 2 forward or even 3 for 1 top 5 and a pick

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 08:13 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
There are quite a few threads like this. This is an interesting one though. I wonder how Drury would fare on the right side... I think it might be good to have him on the wing, that way Fritsche can stay at his natural position and we can continue developing Dubinsky as a top-six center.

Like you said, it could go a million ways (maybe we'll have Pock on the wing again). It allows for a lot of contingency plans, which helps Renney a lot. In any case, chemistry will have to be developed (although that's been overblown in the minds of NYR fans because of 3 seasons with Jagr), which may take 2 weeks, 2 months or all season. My biggest concern is Naslund.

Glad to see someone mention Jamtin - I figured, from the get-go, he was Avery's replacement. The NYR site newsfeed read "Jamtin to make NHL debut in NY" or something along those lines. I like he fact that we've gotten Sjostrom, Jamtin, Naslund - it's good for Lundqvist (Joel is UFA next summer ). Then there's Zherdev and Kalinin, and you've gotta wonder if Denisov will be our no. 7.

Last edited by BobMarleyNYR: 07-24-2008 at 08:18 AM.
BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I still think (hope) we'll see one more addition to the top-six to round it out.

Most reports I've read regarding Fritsche mention that he's not particularly solid on face-offs, which leads me to believe he'll be on the wing.

Naslund - Gomez - Dawes
Prucha - Drury - Zherdev
Fritsche - Dubinsky - Callahan
Voros - Betts - Rissmiller/Orr

That's my guess. Unless we resign Sjostrom, then I think Prucha + Callahan will be moved and Sjostrom will play 3rd line RW.

Last edited by Trxjw: 07-24-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Turambar

Why are people putting Zherdev with Dubinsky all of a sudden?

We all know that the intent with Zherdev is to have him with Gomez, and rightfully so, it makes the most sense.

Here's mine:

Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev
Dawes - Dubinsky - Prucha
Korpikoski - Drury - Callahan
Sjostrom - Betts[Anisimov] - Voros[Orr]

Last edited by Turambar: 07-24-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Fletch

Jeff...

who said the intent was to play Zherdev with Gomez? Whose to say that Naslund won't be the one playing with Gomez as Renney looks to create different looks for other teams and make it difficult for them to decide on which line to focus? If Gomez and Zherdev are on different lines, Renney may essentially create two top lines.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 09:40 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I still think (hope) we'll see one more addition to the top-six to round it out.

Most reports I've read regarding Fritsche mention that he's not particularly solid on face-offs, which leads me to believe he'll be on the wing.

Naslund - Gomez - Dawes
Prucha - Dubinsky - Zherdev
Fritsche - Drury - Callahan

That's my guess. Unless we resign Sjostrom, then I think Prucha + Callahan will be moved and Sjostrom will play 3rd line RW.
i dont think they get moved. prucha maybe but callahan nah.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Dilettante

I'd like to see Dawes with Gomez and Zherdev. I was most impressed with Dawes last year when he was playing with Gomez and Shanny, not only with his shot but also with his passing and playmaking ability. Defensively it might be pretty scary but I think it plays to their collective strengths. I just hope Renney doesn't put out the Dawes-Drury-Callahan unit again.

Dilettante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
Why are people putting Zherdev with Dubinsky all of a sudden?

We all know that the intent with Zherdev is to have him with Gomez, and rightfully so, it makes the most sense.

Here's mine:

Korpikoski - Drury - Callahan
Sjostrom - Betts[Anisimov] - Voros[Orr]
How many goals per game.. Or total goals scored next year. Assuming Zherdev and Naslund score 25 each while Gomez scores about 16 and Drury scores 20-23

As much as I like Rangers D this O is weak (on peper) compare to last year.

Am I wrong?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Dawes Gomez Zherdev
Naslund Dubinsky Sjostrom
Fritsche Drury Callahan
Voros Betts Orr

ex Rissmiller, Prucha

Staal Rozsvial
Redden Girardi
Kalinin Mara

ex-Fahey

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 10:13 AM
TomLaidlaw

Voros - Betts - Orr

ex - Rissmiller, Sjostrom

Staal - Rozy
Redden - Girardi
Kalinin - Mara

ex - Pock

PP Unit #1:

Naslund-Gomez-Drury

Rozy - Redden

PP Unit #2:

Dawes-Dubinsky-Zherdev

Mara - Staal

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

Dawes-Gomez-Zherdev
Naslund-Drury-Prucha
Fritsche-Dubinsky-Callahan
Voros-Betts-Sjostrom

Ex-Rissmiller, Orr (Take Sjo out where we are playing a gritty lineup like philly, put orr in his place)

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 10:39 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

This team would be nasty if Prucha returns to 05-06 form and Dawes, Cally and Dubi all take a step forward.

Nasty.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 11:39 AM
cccya

I don't know why you think Rissmiller is going to be a healthy scratch. He's played two full seasons on a superior SJ team. Regular PKer and averaged 13mins. a game. Oh yeah, he singed a 3yr./$3million deal to be in the stands. Doesn't make sense to me.

cccya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccya View Post
I don't know why you think Rissmiller is going to be a healthy scratch. He's played two full seasons on a superior SJ team. Regular PKer and averaged 13mins. a game. Oh yeah, he singed a 3yr./$3million deal to be in the stands. Doesn't make sense to me.
I think Voros got the 3 year deal. Rissmiller is only signed for 1 year.

However, I agree with you that Rissmiller won't be riding the bench. I think he'll be a staple on the 4th line this year.

Old
07-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Because there's only so many roster spots.

Anyone who makes this team on the bottom six is going to have to earn his spot.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangernick23 View Post
Dawes-Gomez-Zherdev
Naslund-Drury-Prucha
Fritsche-Dubinsky-Callahan
Voros-Betts-Sjostrom

Ex-Rissmiller, Orr (Take Sjo out where we are playing a gritty lineup like philly, put orr in his place)
I like those lines too............makes alot of sense

I see keeping the C as is.........just worries me that Dubinsky may lose some ice time

I am sure they will mix it up and like someone already said on here it depends on chemistry in camp

I think this proves they can go many ways AND have some faith in Dawes and Prucha being top 6 forwards people

Old
07-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
I agree here too...........I mean if Rissmiller is a solid Defensive player he can play the Left side with Betts who is also a solid PK man..........then it is their choice on the Right side.........I imagine Sjostrom is back for sure.............if they wan't to go more offensive then they do that

When they need a tough guy well then Voros and Orr steps in for Sjostrom

I also think Korpikoski is deserving of a spot but I can't see it fitting for one with all the depth forwards with more experience and two with the salary cap......he makes over 1 million

BUT he is only 21 folks and their are some FA's next yr like Betts, Orr that they can just let walk

yea yea I know everyone loves Betts but if Rissmiller signed a 3 yr deal which i have no clue if he did then he can step in to that spot since he is a natural C

Old
07-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Vitto79

We also know the G and top 6 D are set

I think it is a no brainer that Pock take the 7th spot right now..........he is 26 and deserves a spot on the team

Also it will not be looked of as a waste of space if he doesnt play as he is not a youngster anymore

I think you can pencil him in for that spot and if one of the top 6 does go down then they can always see who is doing well in Hartford out of Sanguinetti, Sauer, Potter, Fahey, Denisev,Taylor

Old
07-24-2008, 02:46 PM
NYReign

Naslund-Gomez-Prucha (speedy line, Gomez can set the other two up and Prucha puts in the garbage)
Dawes-Drury-Zherdev (Zherdev likes to carry the puck so he and Dawes would be the primary set-up men and Drury gets in position to score rather than trying to set people up)
Sjostrom-Dubinsky-Callahan (I'd prefer to have Korpikoski there but unless we waive Rissmiller I don't see how he fits against the cap; if we did Sjo goes to the bench)
Voros-Betts-Fritsche

ex- Rissmiller, Orr (Orr fills in as necessary, Rissmiller candidate for waivers)

Staal-Redden (hopefully Staal can act as a mini-Chara and bring Redden back to his best days)
Rozsival-Girardi (one of them has to play on the left...)
Kalinin-Mara (I'd consider pairing Mara with Rozsy and dropping Girardi down here, but only if they're struggling)

ex- Pock

Hank
Vally

I'm heavily in favor of ditching Rissmiller to get Korp on the team, but I'd leave that decision until camp so Korp can prove himself.

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 03:29 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I dont know.

Personally i think theres a better chance of seeing Voros sit the bench than Rissmiller.

Rissmiller played 79 games in each of the last two seasons for a good Sharks team in a tough division and conference.

Voros just had a rookie year of 55 games.

They could be splitting time, but I see more Voros as a split with Orr and Rissmiller as a replacement for Hollweg.

The fourth line is much deeper now thats for sure. They'll be some major competition for the bottom two lines.

Heres how i see it once everything pans out 3 months in.

------

Naslund - Gomez - Prucha (speed and finishing, of course Prucha is the key here. Hes got to get his **** back)
Dawes - Drury - Zherdev (I love this line. Dawes and Drury started getting some chemistry late in the year, and Zherdev will carry the puck and distribute to either of these guys who can score. Plus Dawes is an underrated play maker IMO and might find a connection with Nicky)
Fritsche - Dubinsky - Callahan (fierce, fast, hard hitting, around the net and getting the minutes necessary to do damage, and the wingers help on on the PK)
Rissmiller - Betts - Orr/Voros/Sjostrom (4th line by committee, I'd love to have Sjostrom slotted in there for good, but the other guys all have something to offer IMO. its good to have this depth. If Cally stumbles or theres an injury, move Sjostrom to the 3rd line)

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

Naslund - Gomez - Dawes
Prucha - Dubinsky - Zherdev

I know we all have hard-ons for Dubinsky, but the only way he'll be the 2nd line center is if Drury moves to the wing.

Drury is the better player right now.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I know we all have hard-ons for Dubinsky, but the only way he'll be the 2nd line center is if Drury moves to the wing.

Drury is the better player right now.
Switched them by accident.

Dubi 3rd line, Drury 2nd.

Old
07-24-2008, 03:48 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

In NHL 08 these are the lines I'm rockin and they work pretty well.

Dawes - Drury - Prucha (best line)
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Redden - Staal
Rozsival - Girardi
Kalinin - Mara

It pisses me off that there's no room for Korpikoski anywhere in the top 9, but that's really it, there is no room for him. Oh yeah, my scracthes are Jamtin (one-way contract I'd lose him if I sent him down) and Voros. Can't call anyone else up to fill the extra roster spot because it would put me over the cap.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
In NHL 08 these are the lines I'm rockin and they work pretty well.

Dawes - Drury - Prucha (best line)
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Redden - Staal
Rozsival - Girardi
Kalinin - Mara

It pisses me off that there's no room for Korpikoski anywhere in the top 9, but that's really it, there is no room for him. Oh yeah, my scracthes are Jamtin (one-way contract I'd lose him if I sent him down) and Voros. Can't call anyone else up to fill the extra roster spot because it would put me over the cap.

Well that settles it!

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Switched them by accident.

Dubi 3rd line, Drury 2nd.
Much better.

I also completely agree that if theres any possible way to add another top 6 winger, Sather has to do it. I hate the idea of both Dawes and Prucha playing in the top 6. Im just not a big believer in either one of them.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote