HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexei Yemelin

Old
07-24-2008, 05:55 PM
DrMailloux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Bear_21 View Post
People that have spoken about him and have seen him play (not me) say he's NHL ready.
If / when he comes over, I'm predicting he'll make the team.
like moester said, i really doubt he's better than O'bryne, he need to learn the NA style first with the bulldogs.

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 07:21 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
If he ever comes over.. I can see it being like this:

Markov - Emelin
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Gorges - Komisarek
Valentenko or Carle
Hmmm. A glass half full of Russians kinda guy?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Papa_Bear_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post
like moester said, i really doubt he's better than O'bryne, he need to learn the NA style first with the bulldogs.
He may not be better than O'Byrne at the end of this season (although I would argue that as of right now he is) but seeing as Bouillon is gone at the end of the year, he does not have to be.
He's better than Valentenko and Carle right now, and barring a remarkable progression by either, will be at the beginning of next season as well.

Papa_Bear_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 11:50 PM
RussianProspects

I really think that if any organization has a chance in bringing him over - it would be Montreal! I will just come out and say it - Emelin made a mistake signing with Ak Bars. His role on the team has been less than what he enjoyed with Lada and he has not really shone in the last season. This has been a huge disappointment and the only bright spot has been that he still received an invitation to play for Team Russia...where he skated with his former Lada teammate Maxim Kondratiev (thank god at least here there was consistency despite Kondratiev being fairly mediocre and error prone at least on the international level).

It's tough to say what's going through the kid's head now, but maybe he feels that he turned the corner and will have a better opportunity with Kazan this coming season. I personally doubt it. Last I checked he is skating on the third defensive pairing with the club in the preseason and is destined to be no higher than on the second pairing unless Nikulin leaves the team. I think he really needs to move on to North America next summer and I think if he has another mediocre season, he will do so. I know this logic means that if he plays well he will not be likely to set foot in Montreal next summer, but I think you will eventually see him - I think he will come over and the question is when. I am sure his agent reminded him of Buturlin's case - when the young prospect spurned Montreal's offer and never heard from the club again....hopefully Emelin will be smart about it and at least try to make it in the NHL.

RussianProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects View Post
I really think that if any organization has a chance in bringing him over - it would be Montreal! I will just come out and say it - Emelin made a mistake signing with Ak Bars. His role on the team has been less than what he enjoyed with Lada and he has not really shone in the last season. This has been a huge disappointment and the only bright spot has been that he still received an invitation to play for Team Russia...where he skated with his former Lada teammate Maxim Kondratiev (thank god at least here there was consistency despite Kondratiev being fairly mediocre and error prone at least on the international level).

It's tough to say what's going through the kid's head now, but maybe he feels that he turned the corner and will have a better opportunity with Kazan this coming season. I personally doubt it. Last I checked he is skating on the third defensive pairing with the club in the preseason and is destined to be no higher than on the second pairing unless Nikulin leaves the team. I think he really needs to move on to North America next summer and I think if he has another mediocre season, he will do so. I know this logic means that if he plays well he will not be likely to set foot in Montreal next summer, but I think you will eventually see him - I think he will come over and the question is when. I am sure his agent reminded him of Buturlin's case - when the young prospect spurned Montreal's offer and never heard from the club again....hopefully Emelin will be smart about it and at least try to make it in the NHL.
So the story with Buturlin is that he spurned the Habs' offer and the Habs left him out to rot?

I thought he simply never wanted to come over.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 12:04 AM
RussianProspects

He was over in Sarnia for two seasons and attended camp every year before being sent back. While he wasn't the next coming, he was very solid and put up good numbers with Sarnia. They gave him a decent entry level offer, but his father thought he deserved more and they spurned it. They went back to Russia, had two mediocre seasons and everyone in Montreal forgot about him. He made a bit of a come back with Lada for a few years - even captaining the team I think, but has now been relegated to a supporting/leadership role on other teams. So, I guess this is a little walk down memory lane for you guys

Old
08-05-2008, 06:55 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
So the story with Buturlin is that he spurned the Habs' offer and the Habs left him out to rot?

I thought he simply never wanted to come over.
Savard tried to sign him after his OHL career was over but he opted to go home. When he went back to Russia, he had a tough year and then changed clubs and things started to get better for him, he even saw some time with the National Team for the Euro Tour on the 4th line but by then Savard may have been gone I'd have to check my dates, so perhaps Gainey wasn't that interested in him, I assume no more offers were ever made or if they were it wasn't in the media.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 09:02 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Thanks for the input, RussianProspects.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Habitants

wow Emelin was a team captain in russia??

did you know Gorges was captain of kelowna?

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 09:26 AM
RussianProspects

You are welcome. As far as the captaincy, it was Buturlin who was captain, not Emelin.

Old
08-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects View Post
You are welcome. As far as the captaincy, it was Buturlin who was captain, not Emelin.
Treatement reserved to Emelin and the ones that is probably headed towards Trunev's way, can't be good for their developement.

I understand that nobody can underestimate the league they are playing in and it could be just as good as any Canadian leagues.....thing is you actually need some playing time in any need you would play in, and Emelin and probably Trunev will have all the trouble in the world getting it.....

Just look at the Severstal (sp?) lineup, and Trunev is actually the youngest or the 2nd youngest of the team while most guys are at the very least 5 years older than him.....

He even can crack a lineup in a tournament in August where they should have used him to see what he's made of....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 09:34 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Totally agreed.
Also during 2009-10, if you can get two of those to be better than Gorges (Probably all):
  • Korneev,
  • Valentenko;
  • Yemelin;
  • Fisher;
  • McDonagh;
Then Gorges (and Hammer) can become exchange material at the february deadline...

We already know that Korneev is better than Gorges (for now) but less than Markov (comparing performance at the same age in the same league).

Problem is to bring Korneev and Yemelin with entry level contract.
I'm a little disapointed in your view of Gorges. Me on the other hand forsee more from Gorges.
He has grown leaps and bounds last year. Even impress me a great deal that game after game, check after check this kid now a man bounces back up on his skates and faces all what coming his way
I nicked him the Ruber Man.

Can anyone remember what game it was that Gorges was playing right D on a 4 on 4 and basicly controled the play with nice deks and passes. from what I can remember, he almost score like twice in 30-55 seconds.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-05-2008 at 11:53 AM.
otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
O'Byrne? How does this guy still get no respect.
Because everyone wants to give respect to this Belle kid who hasn't been able to stick with teams well below our skill level.. And now suddenly he's NHL material..

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Get him and Korneev over for 09-10..... let bouillion and dandy walk.... breezy if signed this year only give him one year...

Re-sign Komisarek

For 09-10 You'd have

Markov - Komi
Hammer - O'Byrne
Gorges (can play either side)

all in place...

then Valentenko, Carle, Weber, Belle, Yemelin, Korneev, Fischer, McDonagh can fight for 2 spots.

In 2010-11.... Hammer is out.
If you are talking contract wise for Hammer, it ends July 2012.

So what? we would've kept Hammer for only two seasons? I don't get it, I think he'll finish his contract here.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 09:49 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
I am inclined to think this guy will never show up
Sadly, I have to agree with you.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Megaforce

Happily, I have to disagree with you.

And was Gorges really the captain of Kelowna? I hadn't heard that, wish somebody had posted about that before.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:05 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Happily, I have to disagree with you.

And was Gorges really the captain of Kelowna? I hadn't heard that, wish somebody had posted about that before.
it's benn said before from other threads.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Templeton

Quote:

Markov - Emelin
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Gorges - Komisarek
Valentenko or Carle
Pheww. It piss me off when people OVERESTIMATE the newcomers like this. If Valentenko, Carle and Emelin (if he finally comes over) make the full time roster this year (especially on the first unit and over Komisarek ) it will be a huge surprise. I can't see how you put non NHL'ers over a guy like Bouillon, who is a regular and experimented player. I know he is not the type of player that we all want to have but he does the job for a 6-7th d-men. Maybe in the next years, but not for the 2008-2009 season please. *crisis end.*

Before integrating too much young players like that we should integrate them gradually like Detroit. At offense it's more manageable but on defense it's risky. They will benefit from older guys and maybe it will maximise their potential.

Templeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:31 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Because everyone wants to give respect to this Belle kid who hasn't been able to stick with teams well below our skill level.. And now suddenly he's NHL material..
belles lack of hockey sense will keep him out of the NHL . he was acquired by gainey to play defence for the bulldogs and even at the AHL level he may encounter some difficuties maintaining a spot in the top six . perhaps with his size and speed if he was converted to forward he might be able to carve a niche for himself as an energy line winger .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:09 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Any news regarding Yemelin?? I think he'd be a great addition to the Bulldogs lineup.
He will probably sign a ridiculous, multi-year contract in the KHL. Why bother learning another language, live in a different society and be far from your friends and family when you can make the big bucks at home ?

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
If you are talking contract wise for Hammer, it ends July 2012.

So what? we would've kept Hammer for only two seasons? I don't get it, I think he'll finish his contract here.
Hammer's contract ends July 2011... He signed a four year deal

07-08
08-09
09-10
10-11

I said that after his deal expires he will probably be on the way out if our prospects develop as expected and are ready to replace him. Lets also remember how old he will be when the deal expires.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 12:15 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
belles lack of hockey sense will keep him out of the NHL . he was acquired by gainey to play defence for the bulldogs and even at the AHL level he may encounter some difficuties maintaining a spot in the top six . perhaps with his size and speed if he was converted to forward he might be able to carve a niche for himself as an energy line winger .
The point was that in the post I had quoted originaly someone had Bell as a 7th D and no O'byrne in the lineup.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Any news regarding Yemelin?? I think he'd be a great addition to the Bulldogs lineup.
he'll never go to hamilton. He can stay in russia and make a comfortable living his entire career. Having that in his back pocket, I think he can negotiate a 1 way contract in the NHL

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:

Markov - Emelin
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Gorges - Komisarek
Valentenko or Carle

On what planet is Komisarek a 3rd pairing D?!?

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 07:58 PM
LeMAD

Why's is everyone overrating Yemelin and Valatenko?

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote