HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

is Arty the key?

Old
07-24-2008, 08:46 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
is Arty the key?

assuming no more moves are made before camp- say for a top 6 wing and the team stays close to what we have now heres my thought.

if arty makes the team as 3rd line centerman, then the top 9 looks like this:

gomer with Z and nazy

dubi with dru and dawes- the 3D line

arty with cally and korpedo

arty making the team allows us to:

1. play dru at wing

2. keep dubi at 2nd line centerman where i think he can excel.

3. keep both those guys playing top 6 minutes

if nothing else, we will be FAST. maybe not many goals (again) but we will be exciting for sure.

thoughts?

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
For future reference use the players actual names.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Jimmy Collins

Send a message via AIM to Jimmy Collins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
For future reference use the players actual names.
haha i was thinking the same thing.

Jimmy Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Anisimov AND Korpedo making the team? Highly unlikely as that will leave 7 guys competing for the 4th line spots. Three of which (Prucha, Sjostrom, Fritsche) deserve better than that.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 08:52 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
assuming no more moves are made before camp- say for a top 6 wing and the team stays close to what we have now heres my thought.

gomer with Z and nazy

i'd drop the korpedo, shift dawes and naslund down a line and stick prucha on the top for an audition

if prucha fails on the top line, put dawes up top for an audition, let NAS play with the doob. if you recall, he had some of his best years with big bert attracting defenders. maybe dubi could provide similar service

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 09:11 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

gomer with Z and nazy

1. play dru at wing

if nothing else, we will be FAST. maybe not many goals (again) but we will be exciting for sure.

thoughts?

You have a lot of salary playing on the 4th line. If Anisimov wins a spot in camp, I think you're looking at a trade.

07-24-2008, 09:15 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
gomer with Z and nazy

1. play dru at wing

I like all of this - but Anisimov making the team isn't nessecary.

Fritsche will be more than adequate as a 3rd line center - depending on who gels with who he may even see time in the top 6.

07-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

Those lines wouldn't benefit themselves at all. Gomez and Zherdev are more playmakers who hold the puck more than anything and Naslund is far from a clear cut sniper. The second line is good hardworking guys who know how to score but there isn't a playmaker in there.

P.S. 4000th post. I'd like to thank everybody here.

Old
07-24-2008, 09:21 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
You have a lot of salary playing on the 4th line.

betts with freddie and fritsche/orr

or

betts with rismiller and voros

either way, we have an overabundance of 4th line types.

Old
07-24-2008, 09:23 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Those lines wouldn't benefit themselves at all. Gomez and Zherdev are more playmakers who hold the puck more than anything and Naslund is far from a clear cut sniper. The second line is good hardworking guys who know how to score but there isn't a playmaker in there.

P.S. 4000th post. I'd like to thank everybody here.

so do you do

gomez drury and naslund

dubi Z and dawes

Old
07-24-2008, 09:25 PM
squishy

Those who are expecting Anisimov to make this team out of camp are setting themselves up for disappointment, I'm afraid. He had a good first season in Hartford. He showed good, steady improvement. But he wasn't a go-to guy, didn't play on the top line, didn't play in crucial situations, didn't PK, didn't play on the top PP unit. Renney has already laid the ground work for why he won't start in NY with the comments about having to put weight on (and he's right). People are really starting to put unrealistic expectations on this kid. And I say this as huge fan of his...

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Those who are expecting Anisimov to make this team out of camp are setting themselves up for disappointment, I'm afraid. He had a good first season in Hartford. He showed good, steady improvement. But he wasn't a go-to guy, didn't play on the top line, didn't play in crucial situations, didn't PK, didn't play on the top PP unit. Renney has already laid the ground work for why he won't start in NY with the comments about having to put weight on (and he's right). People are really starting to put unrealistic expectations on this kid. And I say this as huge fan of his...
Agreed. This team isn't in need of Anisimov to come and play immediately but Anisimov does need more time to fully develop his game in Hartford.

Old
07-24-2008, 09:32 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
as a 3rd line centerman and as this team is currently consituted, would he need to:

be a go to guy?

play the pk?

play on any pp unit?

having seen him quite a bit last year, i can say for sure hes slippery and hes faster with the puck. is he strong enough to be a checking centerman, probably not, yet.... but skill wise, hes got 3rd line center written all over him. can he step up and earn the job this year is the question.

Old
07-24-2008, 10:23 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Here's a question for our Pack expert, how much different is this summer's Anisimov from last summer's Dubinsky? I didn't expect Dubinsky to be as good as he was so quickly last year and I remember him and Anisimov had pretty similar camps to where it appeared the Rangers were actually considering keeping Arty up (my impression + he was a really late cut). I remember thinking that Dubinksy only won because of his seniority and that there was no rush for Arty.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Keep Anisimov in Hartford for another season. The absolute worst thing we can do is rush him into the NHL at this point.

Keep Dubinsky on the 3rd line for a season and trade for a winger who is close to the end of his contract and is affordable.

Dawes - Gomez - Naslund
Big bodied winger - Drury - Zherdev
Fritsche - Dubinsky - Sjostrom/Callahan
Voros - Betts - Rissmiller/Orr

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Keep Anisimov in Hartford for another season. The absolute worst thing we can do is rush him into the NHL at this point.

Keep Dubinsky on the 3rd line for a season and trade for a winger who is close to the end of his contract and is affordable.

Dawes - Gomez - Naslund
Big bodied winger - Drury - Zherdev
Fritsche - Dubinsky - Sjostrom/Callahan
Voros - Betts - Rissmiller/Orr
Couldn'y Fritsche play that role on the 2nd line, and you could have Sjo play LW.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 11:14 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
No Prucha? No thanks.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Couldn'y Fritsche play that role on the 2nd line, and you could have Sjo play LW.
Couldn't tell ya. I wont pretend to know enough about Fritsche's game to draw any conclusions about him. From a strictly statistical perspective, he doesn't scream 2nd line winger, but that's only one side of the story as we all know.

If he can fill that role, more power to him. However, is a trade involving Prucha + prospect for a guy who we know is capable of filling that role a better play? Don't think we'll know until training camp.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 11:21 PM
squishy

Quote:
as a 3rd line centerman and as this team is currently consituted, would he need to:

be a go to guy?

play the pk?

play on any pp unit?
The point is you give him the opportunity in Hartford to prove if he can do those things at the AHL level... and maybe that paves the way for him to do them one day at the NHL level. There's no reason to pigeon hole him as a 3rd line center when he's only 20 and has plenty of room to grow. Moreover, there's no reason to rush him to the NHL when you already have too many forwards in NY and there are other forwards in the system who've already proven more than he has in Hartford.

Old
07-24-2008, 11:27 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Here's a question for our Pack expert, how much different is this summer's Anisimov from last summer's Dubinsky? I didn't expect Dubinsky to be as good as he was so quickly last year and I remember him and Anisimov had pretty similar camps to where it appeared the Rangers were actually considering keeping Arty up (my impression + he was a really late cut). I remember thinking that Dubinksy only won because of his seniority and that there was no rush for Arty.
There are two main differences as I see it. First, Dubinsky was a year older last summer than Anisimov is this summer, and he was already more physically mature. Second, and most important, we had a gaping hole at center that needed to be filled by someone. There are no holes this summer -- anywhere up front.

And don't be fooled... Anisimov's staying with the team as late as he did last fall had as much to do with making him feel he had a shot so he didn't turn around and go back to Russia as it did with how he played.

Old
07-24-2008, 11:49 PM
NYR Viper

i think anisimov, even if he is thought to be ready during camp will be sent down to get a little more experience and work on his offensive game.......

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2008, 09:21 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
There are two main differences as I see it. First, Dubinsky was a year older last summer than Anisimov is this summer, and he was already more physically mature. Second, and most important, we had a gaping hole at center that needed to be filled by someone. There are no holes this summer -- anywhere up front.

And don't be fooled... Anisimov's staying with the team as late as he did last fall had as much to do with making him feel he had a shot so he didn't turn around and go back to Russia as it did with how he played.
dubinsky also played 6 games in the NHL while Anisimov has not played any. dawes got called up before he actually made the team full time. Anisimov will get his chance when he is ready. he should get 3-8 games during the season to given a look. he will make the team next year in 09-10 most likely full time but if not then, well 10-11 he should be a full time player.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2008, 10:55 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:

gomer with Z and nazy

1. play dru at wing

thoughts?
ummm...
let me guess.

dubi= dubinsky
dru= drury
cally= callahan
korpido= korpikoski
gomer= gomez
Z= zherdev
nazy= ???
arty= ???

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

So this thread IS NOT about Arto Laatikainen ??

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Cherepanov 71

I think Anisimov will be seen as NHL ready in training camp, but that doesn't mean Renney will start the season with him on his pro roster. I see him coming up in December and sticking.

Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote