HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introduction Thread!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2008, 07:00 PM
  #126
FlyersGuy69
Registered User
 
FlyersGuy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Name: Den

Age: 33

Location: South Jersey, 10 minutes outside Philly.

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, that's it. I don't like any other NHL teams.

Most Hated Team(s): hate all other NHL teams but the Devils, Sens and Maple Leafs the most.

Favorite Player(s): Richards, Carter, Gagne & Coburn.

Most Hated Player(s): too many to mention.

Flyers fan since: 1984

FlyersGuy69 is offline  
Old
07-20-2008, 09:22 PM
  #127
Unstable
Registered User
 
Unstable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Exiled in NoVA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Ah, hockey, another sport that InterAc has but FSL doesn't.

Unstable is offline  
Old
07-21-2008, 03:59 PM
  #128
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69 View Post
Name: Den
Are you "Den of Earth"?

ChumpyG is offline  
Old
07-21-2008, 07:58 PM
  #129
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Name: Julie

Age: 34 (another old chick, woo hoo!)

Location: South Jersey... Glassboro

Favorite Team(s): Flyers and Cincinnati Bengals (must have an orange and black thing. Not as much into baseball, but likin' this Phillies team.

Most Hated Team(s): Devils, Pittsburgh (as long as Crybaby is there), San Fran 49ers

Favorite Player(s): Jeff Carter, Handzus, Keith Primeau, Luc Robitaille (long story), Jerome Iginla, OV

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Brodeur, Kasperitis

NHL08 Top Line: I play RockBand...that's it.

Team: Umm... I played field hockey in High School... was the goalie...

Flyers fan since: Most of you know, but I'm a late bloomer as far as being a Flyers fan goes. I'm a northern NJ transplant and followed the Rangers when I was younger. Not die-hard, but still a fan. I got out of hockey when I went to college in Southern NJ, and met my hubby after I graduated. He's a die-hard and got me back into hockey. I got to learn about the history, watch some old games, and really liked the team. 04 Playoffs did me in and I've been a die-hard ever since.

Jules801 is offline  
Old
07-25-2008, 09:46 PM
  #130
Miracle80
Registered User
 
Miracle80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Miracle80
Guess it's my turn even though I don't post much



Name: Maggie

Age: 32

Location: Rochester NY (used to live in Center City)

Favorite Team(s): FLYERS!!!! Carolina Hurricanes (Parents have season tixs, and Seidenberg is now a cane) UNC Heels Basketball

Most Hated Team(s): Sabres, Devils, Red Wings Duke Pukes

Favorite Player(s): Mark Recchi (all time fave) Cannon, AO, Niitty, Dennis Seidenberg (flame away...l have a thing for mediocre d-men) Chris McAllister (see previous comment)

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Marty Brodeur

NHL08 Top Line: I haven't played video games since Sega NHL 94

Team: None. I wish I could play hockey but I can't find adult instruction.

Flyers fan since: I guess 92 when Rex got traded to the Flyers from the Pens, been die hard ever since.

Miracle80 is offline  
Old
07-25-2008, 10:01 PM
  #131
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle80 View Post
, Dennis Seidenberg (flame away...l have a thing for mediocre d-men) Chris McAllister (see previous comment)
Are you John Stevens?

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
07-25-2008, 10:04 PM
  #132
Miracle80
Registered User
 
Miracle80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Miracle80
You got me....I bake cakes too.

Miracle80 is offline  
Old
07-25-2008, 10:20 PM
  #133
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle80 View Post
You got me....I bake cakes too.
Well, if you aren't, he'd probably leave his wife for you. I mean, you have a lot in common .

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
07-25-2008, 10:29 PM
  #134
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Name: Julie

Age: 34 (another old chick, woo hoo!)

Location: South Jersey... Glassboro

Favorite Team(s): Flyers and Cincinnati Bengals (must have an orange and black thing. Not as much into baseball, but likin' this Phillies team.

Most Hated Team(s): Devils, Pittsburgh (as long as Crybaby is there), San Fran 49ers

Favorite Player(s): Jeff Carter, Handzus, Keith Primeau, Luc Robitaille (long story), Jerome Iginla, OV

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Brodeur, Kasperitis

NHL08 Top Line: I play RockBand...that's it.

Team: Umm... I played field hockey in High School... was the goalie...

Flyers fan since: Most of you know, but I'm a late bloomer as far as being a Flyers fan goes. I'm a northern NJ transplant and followed the Rangers when I was younger. Not die-hard, but still a fan. I got out of hockey when I went to college in Southern NJ, and met my hubby after I graduated. He's a die-hard and got me back into hockey. I got to learn about the history, watch some old games, and really liked the team. 04 Playoffs did me in and I've been a die-hard ever since.
Yay for Rock Band!

Ghost of Downie* is offline  
Old
07-25-2008, 10:36 PM
  #135
Miracle80
Registered User
 
Miracle80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Miracle80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Well, if you aren't, he'd probably leave his wife for you. I mean, you have a lot in common .
I have a TO DO list now.....
1) move back to philly
2) make Stevens leave his wife
3) pursuade Stevens to bring back Seidenberg and McAllister and make Niitty the starting goalie
4) Stand back as the Flyers don't win the cup again
5) Cry myself to sleep
6) Bake cakes

Thanks for the motivation!! Looking forward to years of continuing futility.

Miracle80 is offline  
Old
07-29-2008, 02:51 PM
  #136
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief
 
Chuck Downie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlottetown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle80 View Post
I have a TO DO list now.....
1) move back to philly
2) make Stevens leave his wife
3) pursuade Stevens to bring back Seidenberg and McAllister and make Niitty the starting goalie
4) Stand back as the Flyers don't win the cup again
5) Cry myself to sleep
6) Bake cakes

Thanks for the motivation!! Looking forward to years of continuing futility.
lol. That was funny - good post.

Chuck Downie is offline  
Old
07-29-2008, 04:36 PM
  #137
DutchDennis
Registered User
 
DutchDennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 1,524
vCash: 500
Name: Dennis

Age: 28

Location: Sambeek, The Netherlands, Europe

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Phantoms, Stars, AFC Ajax Amsterdam (Dutch soccer team)
Most Hated Team(s): Pens, Sens, Wings, Devils, PSV Eindhoven

Favorite Player(s): John LeClair (All time favourite), Richards, Gagne, Hartnell, JVR, JR, Desjardins, AO, Coburn

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Marty Brodeur, Chris Simon

NHL08 Top Line: Gagne, Richards, Hartnell

Team: None. I wish I could play hockey....

Flyers fan since: I guess 1999

DutchDennis is offline  
Old
07-29-2008, 05:23 PM
  #138
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Name: Will

Age: 18

Location: Bridgend,Wales,UK

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Celtic Crusaders

Most Hated Team(s): Devils, Pens, Sens

Favorite Player(s): Cannon!, Sakic, Kapenen, Brind'amour,Yzerman, Shannahan

Most Hated Player(s): Cindy crybaby, Avery, Tucker,Big george

NHL08 Top Line: Gagne, Briere , Hemsky

Team: I play rugby union and league. Celtic Crusaders

Flyers fan since: 1998, When I first played a hockey game. Picked the flyers first and fell in love with the team and history.

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
07-31-2008, 08:04 AM
  #139
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicman View Post
medicman

49
WORD!

JXC is offline  
Old
08-02-2008, 11:21 AM
  #140
SaveHextall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=ECLions44;14859752]I've been around for a bit but never did this. Maybe somebody lives close by or something?

Name: Donny

Age: 31

Location: Westchester NY

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Giants, Yanks, Celts, Syracuse

Most Hated Team(s): Devils, Rangers, Pens, Leafs, Bolts, Sens

Favorite Player(s): Richards, Downie, Upshall, Hextall, Brown, Justin Williams

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Brodeur, Scott Stevens, Hollweg

Flyers fan since[/B]: 1987 thanks to Hextall vs EDM



[QUOTE]

SaveHextall is offline  
Old
08-05-2008, 10:08 AM
  #141
Don Nachbaur 26
Registered User
 
Don Nachbaur 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mount Joy, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Name: Matt

Age: 31

Location: Boston now, Hershey growing up

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Red Sox ( a family thing), Hershey Bears

Most Hated Team(s):
NYR, NYI, Canadiens

Favorite Player(s): Current: Richards, Hartnell, Cote, Iginla,
Past: Hextall, Ross Fitzpatrick, Lindros , Gretzky

Most Hated Player(s): Jagr, Avery, Khabibulin, Domi,

NHL08 Top Line: hated it, got 2K8 and the thing crashed everytime I did a season.

Team: Hershey teams and then I worked for the PSU Icers as an equipment manager

Position: Leftwing and D

Flyers fan since: 85-86 when the Hershey Bears were still affiliated with the Flyers. Drove up to Adirondack for the finals. Got to see Hexy play as a Bear (saw him at the Beanpot this year).

Don Nachbaur 26 is offline  
Old
08-06-2008, 08:22 AM
  #142
Stonehands77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waltham, MA
Posts: 1,495
vCash: 500
Name: Mark

Age: 30

Location: Waltham, MA

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, Sydney Swans (Australian Football League), Red Sox

Most Hated Team(s): Devils, Rangers, Sabres, Penguins, pretty much every other Eastern Conference Team

Favorite Player(s): Rick Tocchet, John Leclair, Mark Recchi, Mike Richards, Kimmo Timonen

Most Hated Player(s): Cindy Crosby, Bordeur, Chris Drury (due to his BU connection), Brian F'ing Gionta (his BC connection)

Team/Position: Ha. Me on ice skates is high comedy, despite my wife's best efforts.

Flyers fan since: mid-80s. My favorite shirt when I was a kid was my black and orange Rick Tocchet shirt.

Stonehands77 is offline  
Old
08-06-2008, 09:23 AM
  #143
Don Nachbaur 26
Registered User
 
Don Nachbaur 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mount Joy, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
Location: Waltham, MA
Me too.

Don Nachbaur 26 is offline  
Old
08-06-2008, 09:53 AM
  #144
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
Location: Waltham, MA
Not from there but took a class there (I think) a few years ago. Small world!

Jules801 is offline  
Old
08-06-2008, 10:13 AM
  #145
FlyersHammer
 
FlyersHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Harrisburg - PA
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Name: Bill

Age: 38

Fan Since: 77-78

Location: Harrisburg PA Area

Favorite Teams: Flyers, Notre Dame, Yankees - (I may be the most hated fan on the planet)

Most Hated Teams: Penguins, Devils, Rangers, Red Sox and Miami (hurricanes and dolphins)

Opinion: Not all players can be Flyers - NO to Jagr - doesn't mean he's not good - just NO

Favorite Current Flyers - Kimmo, Richards, and Parent - I did like the Jones double fist pump in the playoffs....


This board ALWAYS makes me laugh and usually gives me some good info.....

FlyersHammer is offline  
Old
08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
  #146
Stonehands77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waltham, MA
Posts: 1,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Not from there but took a class there (I think) a few years ago. Small world!
I've been living here about 5 years now. Nice town, especially since I live in walking distance to Moody St. and all the great restaurants there. Where did you take a class, Bentley or Brandeis? I'd have to guess it'd be one of the colleges here, and those are my two choices.

Originally, I was born in Abington General Hospital, then moved to central CT when I was a kid so my other hockey team is the Whalers. No, not the Hurricanes. The Whale. They are not the same, and I wanted the Canes to lose in the Cup Finals. That was a disgrace the way Karmanos treated the fans in Hartford, and yes, he was helped by that criminal of a governor John Rowland.

Stonehands77 is offline  
Old
08-06-2008, 05:02 PM
  #147
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
I've been living here about 5 years now. Nice town, especially since I live in walking distance to Moody St. and all the great restaurants there. Where did you take a class, Bentley or Brandeis? I'd have to guess it'd be one of the colleges here, and those are my two choices.
Actually, it was a class hosted by the Waltham Police Department. I'm a sketch artist, and there was a training class there....

What's really sad? Of all the food...I remember a Greek lunch place that made the best gyros I've ever had... LOL

Jules801 is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 07:53 AM
  #148
Stonehands77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waltham, MA
Posts: 1,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Actually, it was a class hosted by the Waltham Police Department. I'm a sketch artist, and there was a training class there....

What's really sad? Of all the food...I remember a Greek lunch place that made the best gyros I've ever had... LOL
Ahh, probably Demos (it's right across the street from the Police Headquarters in town). Never actually eaten there, but I may have to try it now.

Stonehands77 is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 04:00 PM
  #149
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHammer View Post
I did like the Jones double fist pump in the playoffs....

I believe that was Coburn that did the fist pump thing... and it was awesome.

ChumpyG is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 08:03 PM
  #150
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
Ahh, probably Demos (it's right across the street from the Police Headquarters in town). Never actually eaten there, but I may have to try it now.
Yeah, that's got to be it. We did walk there from the PD. I loved it...but that was probably 7-8 yrs ago...hopefully it's the same owners/quality.

Jules801 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.