HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Truce

Old
07-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Attica

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Attica
Truce

Truce
-noun

1. a suspension of hostilities for a specified period of time by mutual agreement of the warring parties; cease-fire; armistice.
2. an agreement or treaty establishing this.
3. a temporary respite, as from trouble or pain.

An appeal from Vancouver Canucks fans.

I speak for the level-headed and rational Canuckleheads from the Canucks board to stop the back and forth thread hijacking and trashtalking that's going on over at the Canucks board and the Trades and Rumors board. I'm sure you've all noticed some coming the other way. In case you're wondering "what's this silly anglo talking about", check out the Canucks board with any thread containing Mats Sundin's name in the title. You'll find about 1 of every 4 posts is a Montreal loyal cursing and putting down the Canucks, while I would imagine outlining why MTL is, in their opinion, a more suitable destination for Sundin to sign.

While, I completely understand that there's a good chance you've got just as many immature little hockey know-it-alls as we do, it's something that needs to stop. It's immature, and in poor taste.

So from a Canucks standpoint, lets call a truce for now, I think we're all very frustrated that Sundin has taken so long to decide, and this has only made things worse. Most Canuck fans are MTL fans as well, as there's no reason to be rivals, and the habs play a very exciting, up-tempo style that's just fan to watch. I was cheering for MTL last season in the east, and was so stoked to see you guys take the conference.

The majority of Canuck fans wish that our team had as much history and tradition as the Canadiens have, and have the utmost respect for the Canadiens organization. When MTL fans invade and hijack threads on the Canuck boards and put the Canucks down constantly without recognizing the ridiculous depth our team has, or fails to recognize their own lack of knowledge about the Canuck roster, it doesn't do anyone any good.

While I am a die-hard loyal Canuck fan, I'm a hockey fan first and foremost, and from one hockey fan to a storied hockey fanbase, lets stop this childish quibbling and wait until Sundin makes a choice.

At that point, whichever team gets left in the dust can claim that we never really wanted Sundin, and can get on with our off-season.

Good luck in 08-09, if my team can't take hom the cup, there's no other team I'd rather see take it home, and on their century mark. With or without Sundin, MTL is going to be a force next season, and I can't wait to see what happens.

So from everyone on the Westcoast, Good luck, and may the best fit win. If Sundin does decide to play with the Habs, watch out NHL.

If Sundin decides to come out west, I hope at least we may have a few towel waivers from MTL.

Attica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Lone Rogue

I think a majority of mature Canuck fans know a lot of this is just in good fun and it doesn't matter what happens. I think Hab fans feel the same.

The reason there is any strife is because the immature and overproud fans on both sides go off the wall with exaggerated comments to try to prove how great the team they are unequivocally biased for to people who feel the same about their team. It's a losing battle.

One of my best friends is still a Nucks fan and I plan on scoring some tickets sometime I get to BC. It's a silly feud because its all over one player who may not come to either side.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Sebaldian

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Attica

Send a message via MSN to Attica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
This is madness...

Attica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 01:19 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attica View Post
This is madness...
Madness?

THIS IS HFBOARDS!!

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 01:32 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

May the best fit win?

I think any level-headed hockey fan in the world knows where the best fit is, it's going to come down to Fit, Money, Fear of Change, or retirement.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Truce
-noun

1. a suspension of hostilities for a specified period of time by mutual agreement of the warring parties; cease-fire; armistice.

I speak for the level-headed and rational Canuckleheads from the Canucks board to stop the back and forth thread hijacking and trashtalking that's going on over at the Canucks board and the Trades and Rumors board. I'm sure you've all noticed some coming the other way. In case you're wondering "what's this silly anglo talking about", check out the Canucks board with any thread containing Mats Sundin's name in the title. You'll find about 1 of every 4 posts is a Montreal loyal cursing and putting down the Canucks, while I would imagine outlining why MTL is, in their opinion, a more suitable destination for Sundin to sign.

While, I completely understand that there's a good chance you've got just as many immature little hockey know-it-alls as we do, it's something that needs to stop. It's immature, and in poor taste.

So from a Canucks standpoint, lets call a truce for now, I think we're all very frustrated that Sundin has taken so long to decide, and this has only made things worse. Most Canuck fans are MTL fans as well, as there's no reason to be rivals, and the habs play a very exciting, up-tempo style that's just fan to watch. I was cheering for MTL last season in the east, and was so stoked to see you guys take the conference.

The majority of Canuck fans wish that our team had as much history and tradition as the Canadiens have, and have the utmost respect for the Canadiens organization. When MTL fans invade and hijack threads on the Canuck boards and put the Canucks down constantly without recognizing the ridiculous depth our team has, or fails to recognize their own lack of knowledge about the Canuck roster, it doesn't do anyone any good.

While I am a die-hard loyal Canuck fan, I'm a hockey fan first and foremost, and from one hockey fan to a storied hockey fanbase, lets stop this childish quibbling and wait until Sundin makes a choice.

At that point, whichever team gets left in the dust can claim that we never really wanted Sundin, and can get on with our off-season.

Good luck in 08-09, if my team can't take hom the cup, there's no other team I'd rather see take it home, and on their century mark. With or without Sundin, MTL is going to be a force next season, and I can't wait to see what happens.

So from everyone on the Westcoast, Good luck, and may the best fit win. If Sundin does decide to play with the Habs, watch out NHL.

If Sundin decides to come out west, I hope at least we may have a few towel waivers from MTL.

thats the best part ... Go Habs F*&?& the rest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TruceBanner2.jpg‎ (31.3 KB, 30 views)

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Penalty Killer

Go Vancouver! The media gets a bad rap out there, this is one of the most reasonable articles I've read in a while: http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...8b13974c54&p=1

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 04:14 PM
le_sean

I hate the Canucks.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 04:16 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCanadienRomance View Post
Go Vancouver! The media gets a bad rap out there, this is one of the most reasonable articles I've read in a while: http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...8b13974c54&p=1
It was written by Montreal Gazette Sports Editor Stu Cowan, and borrowed off the Canwest newswire. Although, the Sun did choose to print it, so yay them!

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Yeah this whole thing is stupid. I'm tired of seeing everybody bringing up Bernier and Wellwood and the Canucks not making the playoffs -- if you believe it, keep it to yourself because this is the Habs board. Leave the Canucks board alone, that's trolling is it not?? Keep it on the NHL board where everyone has clearance to let loose

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 05:03 PM
sampollock

habs are here, van people have there area

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
When MTL fans invade and hijack threads on the Canuck boards and put the Canucks down constantly without recognizing the ridiculous depth our team has, or fails to recognize their own lack of knowledge about the Canuck roster, it doesn't do anyone any good.

I do recognize your aptitudes for exageration.

I've never went to the nucks board (or the main threads board) to post, I just read what's there... it's ridiculous to debate exagerations such as these (the underlines part).

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Let's make a deal:

Truce if we get Sundin (ex:we stop bashing your top 6 forwards)
No truce if you guys get Sundin (ex:sundin will never win a cup)

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 05:39 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
The truth is, only a small percentage of people are actually fighting and arguing about it. The same few people apparently just choose to make these Sundin wars continue. Take a break, seriously. It really won't affect your life that much.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 05:45 PM
PhysicalTorque

Imagine Sundin goes to Ottawa, or Toronto, I bet both the Vancouver Fans & Montreal Fans will be feeling bad.

Better yet, he retires...

But honestly, I think he is going where the cup was won last...

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 05:47 PM
All-Star

The Canucks have consistently been one of my favorite western teams, so I've been avoiding the flame wars. I'd love to see a truce.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

My best friend is a canuck fan living in Vancouver. I'm gonna go visit her soon and watch a game with her when i return in december.
No idea why I shared that but I thought it would be fitting

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 06:22 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDayPro91 View Post

But honestly, I think he is going where the cup was won last...
Pittsburgh?

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 06:25 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I have nothing against the Canucks, if anything I am sympathetic at their Loss of Luc Bourdon (R.I.P Luc), Just because they are in the running with Sundin means nothing to me. If we are truly that great a team, with that great ppl for staff then Sundin will come here, else it was a nice run.

I have nothing against the Canucks, and I wish them good luck in their future season.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Truce
-noun

25%? That's all? I'm a little disappointed...

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 06:29 PM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Madness?

THIS IS HFBOARDS!!
:handclap :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
25%? That's all? I'm a little disappointed...
im sure theres atleast 50%... but seriously yah im getting a little tired of all this trash talking just ruining alot of threads.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-27-2008 at 03:15 PM.
WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Ok.. i like the Canucks only because of the quaint name of their team, wich reminds me of the Anaheim Ducks or California Seals. Dont ask me why.

But i think the OP has a case of the dramas. He should be a daytime soap writer.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Habs

Quote:

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Rayne*

I agree with the OP. I was one of the hotheaded Habs fans retaliating against some of the lesser-informed Canucks fans that had no idea what they were talking about, hence my lack of avatar. However, a good-natured debate without dumbass responses, of which most of us are guilty of to some degree, can be had in good fun.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote