HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Yankees gameday tickets?

Old
07-26-2008, 03:21 PM
dubey
Registered Genius

vCash: 500
OT: Yankees gameday tickets?

I'll be in New York when the Yankees play the Angels next weekend and I was wondering if they sell additional tickets prior to the game? Ticketmaster is sold out and StubHub will be a last resort.

If they do sell on gameday, what's a good time to get there to ensure that you get a ticket? I was hoping to go on Friday the 1st of August.

Thanks

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 03:27 PM
FrolundasFinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
I'll be in New York when the Yankees play the Angels next weekend and I was wondering if they sell additional tickets prior to the game? Ticketmaster is sold out and StubHub will be a last resort.

If they do sell on gameday, what's a good time to get there to ensure that you get a ticket? I was hoping to go on Friday the 1st of August.

Thanks
The best advice I can give you is that the stadium is not an option. I went there on a Friday for a game on the next sunday and the best seats they had available were $ 325 per seat. Plus they told me that day that the bleachers (the cheapest seats) were sold out for the season.

Also, because it is the Angels (a good team), a weekend (no one is working), and the last season of the stadium (everyone wants to go see it) it is going to be really hard to get tickets without having to rely on stubhub or hoping you can go to the stadium and avoid getting screwed by a scalper.

Sorry to burst your bubble but stubhub is probably going to be your best bet.

FrolundasFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 05:41 PM
patnyrnyg

Also, that saturday is old timers day. A friend of mine works there part time in the ticket office and I heard her tell her sister that is pretty much the only game the rest of the way that SHE can't even get. As for the rest, I would buy on stubhub if you REALLY want to go. I wouldn't trust scalpers in NYC, and like someone previously said, the only seats likely to be released the day of the game are the super expensive bad boys.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 06:08 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I'm sorry to say that in the last couple of months, Yankees tickets have been nearly impossible to get. Ticketmaster only has scattered singles and StubHub is ridiculously gouging the prices to get every last penny out of the final season of the Stadium.

It's really hard to find tickets the day of the game. I haven't done it in a while because I would hate to waste a trip, so if you don't mind spending a little bit, StubHub is probably your best option.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 06:22 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
very close to game time--day of or day before--go to stub hub

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 06:35 PM
dubey
Registered Genius

Thanks guys. I ended up buying some alright loge box seats on StubHub without breaking the bank.

I've been to NYC a few times and have always meant to visit Yankee Stadium. Hopefully I can get in a tour as well.

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 01:54 AM
FrolundasFinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Thanks guys. I ended up buying some alright loge box seats on StubHub without breaking the bank.

I've been to NYC a few times and have always meant to visit Yankee Stadium. Hopefully I can get in a tour as well.
They only do tours when the Yankees are out of town or during the off season. They are pretty cool if you can do one before they get back from the current road trip. You get to walk around the retired numbers, Monument Park, the field, the dugout, then get to see the locker rooms and the press box. You obviously have to pay for them, but it is worth the money to see the history.

However, if you aren't in the city to get a tour...get to the stadium about an hour before the game you can go to the retired numbers and Monument Park and walk around, which is really great.

Old
07-27-2008, 06:54 AM
patnyrnyg

That isn't true. According the site, tours are given everyday except weekend home games and day games.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/b...dium_tours.jsp

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 12:01 PM
FrolundasFinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
That isn't true. According the site, tours are given everyday except weekend home games and day games.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/b...dium_tours.jsp
Hmmmm...maybe they changed it since the last time i was there 3 years ago, but that is the way it was.

If I am wrong, so be it and I am sorry.

Old
07-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Just sayin, if anyone wants 2 bleacher seats to the 4th last regular season game at the stadium, PM me, but I do want more than face.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote