Old
07-27-2008, 03:27 PM
calgarylen13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no.95 View Post
And so Jonas Höglund signs.
http://www.mifredhawks.com/engines/page___3665.aspx

As usual MIF are top contenders on paper.
I just saw this now and will add him.

Banham has signed with Ljubljana in Slovenija (in the Austrian League). Good signing for them, kinda glad he's going somewhere that will use him well.

And so another former Flames player...i'm enjoying this!

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 03:32 PM
calgarylen13

Lineup as of 27/7

Offence:
MacLean-M.Johansson-Söderberg
Eriksson-Steen-Paulsson
Hardt-Olsson-Höglund
Wallgren-Alvarez-Samuelsson

Defence:
Casselståhl - Björk
Weihager - Bruun
Öberg - Damgaard

Net:
Karlsson
Hurme

Extras: ???

Old
07-28-2008, 01:27 PM
The Depahted

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarylen13 View Post
Lineup as of 27/7

Offence:
MacLean-M.Johansson-Söderberg
Eriksson-Steen-Paulsson
Hardt-Olsson-Höglund
Wallgren-Alvarez-Samuelsson

Defence:
Casselståhl - Björk
Weihager - Bruun
Öberg - Damgaard

Net:
Karlsson
Hurme

Extras: ???
Most of us over at the Bruins board are confident that Carl is playing for us, whether it is for Boston or Providence. He did renew his contract with Malmo, but like Kaoz said it is a fallback plan if we cut him (odds are we won't)... at least that is how I understand it.

The Depahted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:05 PM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Depahted View Post
Most of us over at the Bruins board are confident that Carl is playing for us, whether it is for Boston or Providence. He did renew his contract with Malmo, but like Kaoz said it is a fallback plan if we cut him (odds are we won't)... at least that is how I understand it.
I doubt he will be at Providence. I've read reports saying its Boston or Redhawks (much like Mickis Backlund and Västerås).
'Redhawksprodukten Carl Söderberg kommer spela hockey för Malmö Redhawks de kommande tre säsongerna - om han inte spela NHL-hockey med Boston Bruins.'
from www.svenskafans.se
Redhawks product Carl Söderberg will play hockey with Malmö Redhawks the coming three seasons if he does not play NHL hockey with Boston Bruins.

At first it looked as though he would definitely be heading to Boston. Since, there have been only more indications he'd like to be at the Redhawks if he isn't starting in the NHL. While I think he could handle the NHL, i'm not sure if he will be there this season.

Based on the fact he's signed a contract, i'll leave him there, but if he's staying in Boston i'll take him off .

Last edited by calgarylen13: 07-28-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old
08-13-2008, 05:11 AM
calgarylen13

2 pre-season derby's, two wins. Didn't get to either, but always nice to see a positive result against Rogle

Old
08-19-2008, 03:46 AM
SnygGo

Send a message via MSN to SnygGo Send a message via Yahoo to SnygGo Send a message via Skype™ to SnygGo
Yeah It's always nice to win against Rogle
Nice to see Soderberg get the hattrick too.

I saw that Rogle almost lost against Troja yesterday

SnygGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 08:29 PM
jackan

my lineup...

offence:

MacLean-söderberg-höglund
paulsson-steen-eriksson
hardt-johansson-alvarez
wallgren-hampus gustavsson-samuelsson
ohman

defence:

damgaard-björk
Casselståhl-weihager
bruun-öberg
blomqvist

net:
karlsson
hurme

Last edited by jackan: 11-28-2008 at 09:15 PM.
jackan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 11:19 AM
calgarylen13

Just bought my seasonkort yesterday! Will miss quite a few games because of work, but looking forward to seeing some hockey again, thats for sure.

Old
08-29-2008, 07:11 PM
rcduthie77

Hey ya'll Bruins fan here but I watch a ton of Swedish hockey. With MoDo and Malmo being my two favorite teams. Anyway it should be an awesome season for Malmo and I'm looking forward to seeing as much Carl Soderberg as I can. I really like the guy and I really hope he gets Malmo back into Elitserien before coming over to play for the Bruins.

rcduthie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 01:32 AM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcduthie77 View Post
Hey ya'll Bruins fan here but I watch a ton of Swedish hockey. With MoDo and Malmo being my two favorite teams. Anyway it should be an awesome season for Malmo and I'm looking forward to seeing as much Carl Soderberg as I can. I really like the guy and I really hope he gets Malmo back into Elitserien before coming over to play for the Bruins.
Thats what i'm essentially hoping for too. He is an important piece to our puzzle of going back up, so we kinda need him this season. (you can't replace that sort of player, who should be in the Elitserien or NHL playing there). So i'm glad that it seems he's staying with us this season. Then either way, if we go up or not, he shouldn't waste his career. He has so much potential, and next year i'd like him to make the jump to the NHL. He will be a very good player there.

Old
08-30-2008, 03:00 AM
rcduthie77

Quote:
Thats what i'm essentially hoping for too. He is an important piece to our puzzle of going back up, so we kinda need him this season. (you can't replace that sort of player, who should be in the Elitserien or NHL playing there). So i'm glad that it seems he's staying with us this season. Then either way, if we go up or not, he shouldn't waste his career. He has so much potential, and next year i'd like him to make the jump to the NHL. He will be a very good player there.
Sounds good to me my friend, I really want Carl to do right by Malmo before he comes over. Malmo has what I think is a very good team this year and should by all rights get back up to Elitserien. If we had forced Carl to come to Boston this season his heart just wouldn't be in it and if Carl wants to be a Bruin I don't want him until hes 100% ready mentally to be in the NHL so I can't wait to watch Malmo this season.

Old
08-30-2008, 11:19 AM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcduthie77 View Post
Sounds good to me my friend, I really want Carl to do right by Malmo before he comes over. Malmo has what I think is a very good team this year and should by all rights get back up to Elitserien. If we had forced Carl to come to Boston this season his heart just wouldn't be in it and if Carl wants to be a Bruin I don't want him until hes 100% ready mentally to be in the NHL so I can't wait to watch Malmo this season.
Nice to see some Bruins fans are thinking about this rationally. I had looked at a couple of other threads, and people seem really furious, as if because he isn't coming now, he'll never come. I think its only a matter of time before he comes, I was shocked he chose to stay this year, but I do think its something he feels he needs to do. Not many players would turn down a shot at the NHL to stay on an Allsvenskan team, and help them succeed.

Old
08-30-2008, 04:24 PM
rcduthie77

Quote:
Nice to see some Bruins fans are thinking about this rationally. I had looked at a couple of other threads, and people seem really furious, as if because he isn't coming now, he'll never come. I think its only a matter of time before he comes, I was shocked he chose to stay this year, but I do think its something he feels he needs to do. Not many players would turn down a shot at the NHL to stay on an Allsvenskan team, and help them succeed.
Thats why I believe that people who question his heart are way off base. Carl is showing the ultimate in heart in staying with Malmo, this is the team he dreamed of playing for as a kid and people want to tear him away from that? That is completely insensitive and ridiculous. I too was shocked when he didn't come to Boston this year but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me and I'm not worried I know Carl will come over, he wants to be amongst the very best and in Boston with players like Bergeron and Kessel he will have that chance. I have preached patience with Carl as his heart is in the right place and once he's completed his mission with Malmo he's got another mission waiting for him in Boston.

Old
09-08-2008, 03:22 PM
calgarylen13

2-2 against Salzburg, a good result in my opinion.

Wednesday against HV71 will be interesting.

Great news that Juha Riihiijärvi is back where he belongs! Another valuable piece to the puzzle

Old
09-09-2008, 01:07 PM
SnygGo

Send a message via MSN to SnygGo Send a message via Yahoo to SnygGo Send a message via Skype™ to SnygGo
Quote:
2-2 against Salzburg, a good result in my opinion.

Wednesday against HV71 will be interesting.

Great news that Juha Riihiijärvi is back where he belongs! Another valuable piece to the puzzle

Yeah It's a good result, espeacilly when Soderberg and Paulsson wasn't playing.

As far as I've heard "Jussi" is only practicing with Malmo and that he ain't going to get a contract, or have I missed something?

Old
09-09-2008, 03:08 PM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnygGo View Post
Yeah It's a good result, espeacilly when Soderberg and Paulsson wasn't playing.

As far as I've heard "Jussi" is only practicing with Malmo and that he ain't going to get a contract, or have I missed something?
It could be my Swedish and that I misunderstood, however I understood that he was back with the team with the intention of playing this season.

Old
09-10-2008, 12:18 PM
SnygGo

Okej

Well, I see now that "Jussi" has signed with the Vienna Capitals.

Old
09-10-2008, 01:37 PM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnygGo View Post
Okej

Well, I see now that "Jussi" has signed with the Vienna Capitals.
I just did too. You're right

Too bad, would like to have seen him this season.

Old
09-11-2008, 09:52 AM
calgarylen13

Great news for Malmö Arena,

The fourth semifinal of Melodifestivalen is going to be there

About time, too many years away from the deep south!

Old
09-11-2008, 10:02 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Great news for Malmö Arena,

The fourth semifinal of Melodifestivalen is going to be there

About time, too many years away from the deep south!
That's devalueing a hockey arena. people come for entertainment.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Teus

Can't complain about the start with an 8-0 win.

Looks like we are searching for a new backup goalie though with Hurme missing a couple of months.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 03:11 PM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
Can't complain about the start with an 8-0 win.

Looks like we are searching for a new backup goalie though with Hurme missing a couple of months.
If I have to be honest, I am glad that Hurme is out...it gives Karlsson a chance to solidify himself as the number 1, which I think he will do. He started well last night, 33 save shutout.

Karlsson was the only shining light in Hammarby's season last year, and I think he would've got us up to Elitserien if the coaches played him in any one of the last 4 games of Kvalserien. Hurme choked...and has shown he is an inconsistent goalie.

I think if we can get a reasonable backup, then Hurme should be sent packing when he returns. That said he would be a good backup, if we have no alternative, but for his price?

I wasn't at the game last night (had to work), and won't be at the Bjorkloven game either, so any info on how we played is much appreciated. I have read bits and pieces on the web, and I am wrapped with the result. Impressed by Alvarez, who showed potential last season but didn't put the puck away. He did twice last night which I think is fantastic.

Old
09-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Teus

Well that was quick. Nyköping's goalie Markus Svensson has signed with Malmö and it will probably become official tomorrow.

http://sambathyllejr.blogg.se/2008/s...tra-extra.html
http://mrmadhawk.blogg.se/2008/septe...sson-klar.html

Sounds like a good backup with around 91% in the past two seasons in Hockeyallsvenskan. Should be able to handle it, when Henke needs some rest. Good that they didn't repeat the error from last year, when they signed Emil Lundgren.

Personally I liked the idea of having two strong goalies with Karlsson and Hurme, but I see some positive things about this. Now we get to see Karlsson play a lot of games during the next months and see how he handles it. Will he be able to keep on playing on the same high level during a longer period as he has done so far?

If Karlsson still is going strong, when Hurme comes back, it would of course be tempting to send Hurme away and hopefully get money for a class defenseman.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:50 AM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
Well that was quick. Nyköping's goalie Markus Svensson has signed with Malmö and it will probably become official tomorrow.

http://sambathyllejr.blogg.se/2008/s...tra-extra.html
http://mrmadhawk.blogg.se/2008/septe...sson-klar.html

Sounds like a good backup with around 91% in the past two seasons in Hockeyallsvenskan. Should be able to handle it, when Henke needs some rest. Good that they didn't repeat the error from last year, when they signed Emil Lundgren.

Personally I liked the idea of having two strong goalies with Karlsson and Hurme, but I see some positive things about this. Now we get to see Karlsson play a lot of games during the next months and see how he handles it. Will he be able to keep on playing on the same high level during a longer period as he has done so far?

If Karlsson still is going strong, when Hurme comes back, it would of course be tempting to send Hurme away and hopefully get money for a class defenseman.
Interesting signing. I thought Lundgren was weird last season, I remember that game against first Leksands so well, and he kicked ass! He stole the game. After that, he was rather brutal.

Karlsson is a good goalie, and I have faith that he will be good for us. But I am interested to see how Svensson goes, if he can do as well as Hurme. Only problem I think, if Henke goes down just before Kvalserien (for example) and Hurme isn't at our disposal. Thats when it becomes a worry...but I think if Svensson shows stability, then it couldn't be much worse than how last season ended...that was rough.

Old
09-21-2008, 03:11 PM
calgarylen13

6-1 over Boras...amazing game by Hardt. The Danes controlled the game, Hardt and Damgaard.

Karlsson did his job once again. Lets hope when the tougher opposition comes knocking, he will perform just as well.