HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal signs Yanick Lehoux

Old
07-27-2008, 07:35 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
This has to be called missing the point by a mile.....if you knew what I thought about White, you would not have thought that I meant NHL....but I really meant ECHL.

I just don't consider White a lock for the AHL in my opinion. Hope I'm wrong, more grit we have on the team the better it will be.

And why the sarcasm for the ECHL anyway?

Ryder went there and see where he's at. A prospect like Ryan O'Marra who I was never a fan of but still an interesting prospect finished the year in the ECHL after a not that succesful outing in the AHL and there has to be so many other examples.
I assumed you meant that White could make an NHL roster - which I thought far fetched - so I was simply taunting you with WHL and ECHL. I'm not even sure if White is still accepted in the WHL - has he done all his junior time?

By all means, I have nothing against having prospects in the ECHL. Usually many NHL organization do not utilize theses affiliates effectively. But we have a GM - with rich deep pockets of potential - who even makes transactions to make sure that his ECHL affiliate is competitive. Talk about being meticulous.

So basically, no I did not know you pov on White...

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
I assumed you meant that White could make an NHL roster - which I thought far fetched - so I was simply taunting you with WHL and ECHL. I'm not even sure if White is still accepted in the WHL - has he done all his junior time?

By all means, I have nothing against having prospects in the ECHL. Usually many NHL organization do not utilize theses affiliates effectively. But we have a GM - with rich deep pockets of potential - who even makes transactions to make sure that his ECHL affiliate is competitive. Talk about being meticulous.

So basically, no I did not know you pov on White...
No prob. I thought that my "love" for Whitey was known all over in here.... Reason why it caused somewhat of a commotion when I have my "best forward" award of the day at the last camp to Ryan White. I just think that while he does have the qualities that could make him an interesting prospect as he progresses, I just don't think he's there yet. At worst, I also don't think he has that high of a ceiling. At best, I think it will take more years than expected to even make it on a NHL roster, 3rd line being the most I think he can achieve.

It's his turn now to make me look like a fool. And I really wish he does, 'cause it will mean that we will be much better.

As far as his place with the Dogs, I just think that we have guys that deserves their chance or was acquired so we could see what they're made of. Guys like Wyman, Beauregard, Desharnais, Trotter and maybe even Aubin. It would not be a problem to see all of them start the season with Hamilton and then make a move by moving up a little later and either trading one of those guys or moving them back to Cincy.

Having said that, chances are the training camp will tell the story. Not really sure the Habs are going in that camp with the fact that players deserves chances. Those players will have to deserve it by their performance. And of course if White shines, he stays, that's a gimme.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Le Maroons

Lewho? Bob sure is restocking the farm team.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 08:03 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
Lewho? Bob sure is restocking the farm team.
Always nice to have depth and a winning team in the minors gives the young guys a good learning environment.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Always nice to have depth and a winning team in the minors gives the young guys a good learning environment.
Yup. It's good to have a few players on the farm that have at least some NHL experience under their belt with extensive AHL experience. It makes the farm team more competitive, and they can also teach a thing or two to the our prospects. Not only that, but they can be used as depth players in the event that they're absolutley needed.

Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 10:35 AM
CH4

Very good pickup, he is an elite AHLer and could be decent emergency call up if many injuries happens (knock on wood).

This can not be a bad move...

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 11:25 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
Very good pickup, he is an elite AHLer and could be decent emergency call up if many injuries happens (knock on wood).

This can not be a bad move...
Well maybe if he somehow ends up on the first line in the NHL

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Well maybe if he somehow ends up on the first line in the NHL
With Janne Lahti on the other wing

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 11:38 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
With Janne Lahti on the other wing
Janne's gone

Old
07-28-2008, 01:48 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Janne's gone
I thought he was an elite talent?

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
I thought he was an elite talent?
Thought so too. He was even on some people's starting lineup....

Old
07-28-2008, 01:52 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

Quote:
haha, good times.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 02:13 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Yeah, I remember that "chemistry with Koivu" and etc.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 02:32 PM
TKFAN

Lehoux played in the AHL (Manchester) for a number of years. Seemed to have the skill, but was know as lazy Lehoux. From what I read about his time in San Antonio, he was known as lazy Lehoux there also. Hopefully he'll turn things around in the Montreal organization.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
les Habs

Well at least we found out what Gainey is doing with the extra cap space.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKFAN View Post
Lehoux played in the AHL (Manchester) for a number of years. Seemed to have the skill, but was know as lazy Lehoux. From what I read about his time in San Antonio, he was known as lazy Lehoux there also. Hopefully he'll turn things around in the Montreal organization.
In Hamilton he shall be known as LAZER LEHOUX.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Chet-Nick

Not a bad signing for the Bulldogs. Canadiens management has often been criticized, by Hamilton Spectator columnists, about not acquiring enough quality AHL talent to help their farm club. I tend to agree with them.

By no means do I want a Toronto Marlies situation whereby four of the players are over the age of 30. You need a mix. If you're going to have a veteran presence in the AHL. Make sure the players are productive and have seen some duty in the NHL. Glumac and Lehoux fit that description. Danis and Henry to a lesser degree.

These are the typer of players that must set and example and hopefully enhance the development of D'Agostini, Pacioretty, Maxwell, White, Valentenko, Carle, Wyman and Trotter.

Chet-Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 08:37 AM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

Bad news for the locker room... I know this guy personnally, I've played with him Atome, PeeWee, Bantam and this guy was a cancer, unable to socialize and was a ******** whiner. When I actually played against him in the Bantam AAA competitions (don't really remember the exact year), I was more than happy to give him a couple hits. I don't like this signing. This guy's head is bigger than a watermelon. You know what 'frais chiť' means ?

EDIT : Well, actually, if he changed his attitude over the years, then it's a good signing, because he is a good hockey player.

PKtrollban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMario View Post
Bad news for the locker room... I know this guy personnally, I've played with him Atome, PeeWee, Bantam and this guy was a cancer, unable to socialize and was a ******** whiner. When I actually played against him in the Bantam AAA competitions (don't really remember the exact year), I was more than happy to give him a couple hits. I don't like this signing. This guy's head is bigger than a watermelon. You know what 'frais chiť' means ?
Fortunately people can change and while he had to be the greatest player on every team he played for, if he's intelligent, he does know that it's not the case anymore so if he's still, to this day, "frais chiť", he does have a big problem. But now he has the chance to make something out of this contract and maybe, I don't expect it, if he surpasses the expectations have a shot at the NHL once again and play for the Habs. If he doesn't use that to his advantage and still is a headcase, well that's what a 1-year contract is all about. It's not like we're stuck with him for the next 6 years....

Old
07-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick View Post
Not a bad signing for the Bulldogs. Canadiens management has often been criticized, by Hamilton Spectator columnists, about not acquiring enough quality AHL talent to help their farm club. I tend to agree with them.

By no means do I want a Toronto Marlies situation whereby four of the players are over the age of 30. You need a mix. If you're going to have a veteran presence in the AHL. Make sure the players are productive and have seen some duty in the NHL. Glumac and Lehoux fit that description. Danis and Henry to a lesser degree.

These are the typer of players that must set and example and hopefully enhance the development of D'Agostini, Pacioretty, Maxwell, White, Valentenko, Carle, Wyman and Trotter.
It is a good signing and does show management is making an effort to acquire quality AHL talent. But on the other hand, management has drafted quite well and developed a lot of talent on their own through the draft.

07-29-2008, 08:50 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Janne's gone
I know. This:

Quote:
...is what I was getting at

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 09:27 AM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick View Post

Like I've stated in my previous post, I really hope he changed from what he was younger because then he won't be a good example for our young prospects, him being a selfish whiner that doesn't care about his teamates. I might be wrong for what he became from 17 to 25 years old, but I doubt it.

PKtrollban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 07:17 PM
dzd ncnfzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaTaKlIsM View Post
is it me or there will be way too many centers in hamilton next season?
All the best players in Junior or other lower levels are put in as centres, get the best players and put them on wing if too many centres....where you played in lower levels as a forward has no bearing on the future. (Doesn't apply to me...I was a lumbering defenceman that was only good at getting in the way - size used to be an advantage!! I don't think I ever crossed the red line!!)

I'm an Anglo, but I also like giving local Q guys a chance over others when possible, good signing, and good luck.

dzd ncnfzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Has this been confirmed as a 2-way contract yet?

He could be the 14th forward replacement for Dandenault..

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Has this been confirmed as a 2-way contract yet?

He could be the 14th forward replacement for Dandenault..
2 way was confirmed by the Hamilton Spectator yesterday.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote