HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Ribeiro interview, talks Habs, Latendresse, Ryder

Old
07-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Haddock

vCash: 500
OT: Ribeiro interview, talks Habs, Latendresse, Ryder

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...endresse.shtml

On his performance last season:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ribeiro
« Ça fait assez longtemps que je suis dans la LNH, alors je la connais un peu mieux, explique Ribeiro à Radio-Canada Sports lors de son passage au tournoi À bout de souffle de Magog. J'ai plus la confiance de mes entraîneurs et je joue avec de très bons joueurs à Dallas. C'était très bien de finir parmi les 15 premiers marqueurs de la LNH. »
I've been in the NHL for a while now, so I know the league a little better. My coaches have more confidence in me and I play with really good players in Dallas. It was good to finish in the top fifteen scorers in the NHL.

Adding, smiling:
Quote:
« À Montréal, je pense que j'avais terminé parmi les 30 premiers une saison, mais ce n'était pas assez bon »
In Montréal, I think I finished in the top thirty a year, but it wasn't good enough.

On Guillaume Latendresse:
Quote:
« Je suis convaincu qu'il y a d'autres joueurs qui ont un moins bon coup de patin que lui, mais Guillaume est Québécois alors on parle plus de lui, affirme Ribeiro. J'entends souvent de mauvais commentaires à son égard en provenance de Montréal. »

« On oublie qu'il n'a que 21 ans et qu'il a marqué près de 40 buts à ses deux premières saisons, ajoute-t-il. Il faut lui laisser du temps. S'il obtient plus de temps de glace et qu'il joue un plus gros rôle au sein de l'équipe, on va rapidement oublier son coup de patin. »
Translation:

I'm convince that there are other players who's skating is not as good as Guillaume, but he's Québécois so he's talked about more. I often hear negative comments anout him coming from Montréal.

We forget that he's only 21 years old and that he scored close to forty goals in his two first seasons. We need to give him time. if he gets more ice time and plays a bigger role within the team, we'll rapidly forget about his skating.

On Michael Ryder:
Quote:
« Michael a débloqué pendant trois ans d'affilée à Montréal et il ne recevait que des contrats d'une saison. Je ne sais pas s'il faisait partie des plans de l'organisation. D'après moi, je suis sûr qu'il va encore en marquer 30 cette année et pour d'autres saisons à venir. Il va retrouver son entraîneur du junior (Claude Julien) avec les Bruins. »
Translation:

Michael scored for three straight years in Montréal and he only received one year contracts. I don't know if he was part of the organization's plan. In my opinion, I'm sure that he will score thirty this years and for years to come. He'll rejoin with Claude Julien with the Bruins.

On running his mouth like that:
Quote:
« Je n'ai rien contre le Canadien, explique Ribeiro. C'est juste que j'aime ça taquiner les médias, puisque ça fait toujours jaser. »
I have nothing against Le Canadien. It's just that I like to tease the media, it always makes people talk.

I like him more and more. He's honest but not with the same arrogance he had when he was here.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Shabutie

He's right about everything...especially Latendresse.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 12:25 PM
FrankMTL

I still think he's a little **** disturber. I'm happy for his success in Dallas, but please keep your big Yap shut Mikey.

It doesn't help that the Quebec media goes after him for interviews because they know he always gives them something juicy to dissect.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I still think he's a little **** disturber. I'm happy for his success in Dallas, but please keep your big Yap shut Mikey.

It doesn't help that the Quebec media goes after him for interviews because they know he always gives them something juicy to dissect.
So the interviewer asks him questions about the situation in Montreal and he's not aloud to answer?

Do you think Ribeiro is going out of his way to find these interviews?

The montreal media are asking him questions, and he's doing them a favor by answering.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 12:28 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

32 goals isn't that close to 40

In all honestly I also with pretty much everything he said and he was bang on with the Latendresse part.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

I have no issues with anything he said. But...

Quote:
« À Montréal, je pense que j'avais terminé parmi les 30 premiers une saison, mais ce n'était pas assez bon »
Oh, your performances were good enough Mike. But the problem is that you were a immature punk in a city where players are continuously under the eye of the media. Theodore, one of your buddy in the habs, had exactly the same problems and kept getting into embarassing situations. Gainey didn't want to have to deal with the same kinds of issues with you.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Haddock

Nobody complains when J.R. speaks his mind. The same for Brett Hull. And let's not forget how much fun Luc Robitaille was with the media. I like to think that Ribeiro is going that route and I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Oh, your performances were good enough Mike. But the problem is that you were a immature punk in a city where players are continuously under the eye of the media. Theodore, one of your buddy in the habs, had exactly the same problems and kept getting into embarassing situations. Gainey didn't want to have to deal with the same kinds of issues with you.
pssst...! Ribeiro's not a poster here, no need to adress him directly. I'm just saying.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 12:32 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Ribeiro can eat ****.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 12:37 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Nobody complains when J.R. speaks his mind. The same for Brett Hull. And let's not forget how much fun Luc Robitaille was with the media. I like to think that Ribeiro is going that route and I like it.

pssst...! Ribeiro's not a poster here, no need to adress him directly. I'm just saying.
Luc had a kind of charm with the media, always sort of seemed a step ahead of them. Ribs doesn't have that wink and a smile thing going on and won't ever be embraced the same way.

Still, I have no issue with anything he's said, and if the guy's grown up a bit, great. Sometimes you need a dramatic event in your life to serve as a wakeup, and if that happened, more power to him.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Why would he shut his mouth? Wasn't the criticizm towards him was "Wait till you have one great season, then you'll talk". Guess what, he's just as allowed to talk than anybody else. Freedom of speech cannot be given only to guys you, I or anyboyd like...

Besides, most of us all think what he's saying. Let's give some slack to Lats, Ryder should regain his scoring touch. True that being given 1-year contract after 1-year contract is not exactly a demonstration of confidence....Only problem that I have with him is again his maturity. When he was traded, he did talk about how he had to take a portion of the blame. Now that everything worked fine with him, you don't hear that part of it at all.....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 07-28-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Doctor House

Ryder sucks that's why we let him go.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Anyway.....Ribeiro is already right. Latendresse will become one of the greatest player in this league, 'cause who else would get 5 goals and 3 assists to led his team to a 9-4 win over the supposed 9th wonder of the world David Perron and his team in a tournament?

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...8-1072713.html

Stats for the tournament....

http://www.aboutdesouffle.qc.ca/statistiques.asp

Latendresse 2nd bes.....Lehoux...what a pickup....Danis sucks....Perreault still has it!!!

Old
07-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Anyway.....Ribeiro is already right. Latendresse will become one of the greatest player in this league, 'cause who else would get 5 goals and 3 assists to led his team to a 9-4 win over the supposed 9th wonder of the world David Perron and his team in a tournament?

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...8-1072713.html
well, if his skating can provide him great endurance

For the article, Ribeiro is right on almost every aspect, except for Ryder, this guy is a tool

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 01:05 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
So the interviewer asks him questions about the situation in Montreal and he's not aloud to answer?

Do you think Ribeiro is going out of his way to find these interviews?

The montreal media are asking him questions, and he's doing them a favor by answering.
Thats why I mentionned that the Quebec reporters go out of their way to ask him questions, because they know he's not gonna choose his words.

He still has a big mouth and I still want to punch him in his rat face...is that ok to have that urge??

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Just found out that Ribeiro was in that tournament that was played in Magog....but he's not amongst the top scorers.....1-year wonder....

Interesting names out there that would go for a cause in Magog for a fun tournament....Jack Johnson, Nathan Gerbe, Jon Gleed (I guess he's still in Hamilton's plans....but who the hell is Nicolas Blanchard?? Says Hamilton besides his name...

http://www.aboutdesouffle.qc.ca/joueurs.asp

Old
07-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Cyrrus147

Ribeiro would be perfect as a 110% debater. I think they share the same IQ.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 01:15 PM
tinyzombies

He's right about all of that, let's face it. But if we had kept him, we'd have had to lose Koivu or not pick up Tanguay. I'd rather have Tanguay than Ribeiro. We don't have a Morrow to ride shotgun with him here.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Ribeiro can eat ****.
pretty much sums up my thoughts. I always thought he was a talented player but without a proper brain to go with it.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Maximus Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Ribeiro would be perfect as a 110% debater. I think they share the same IQ.
or he'd be a perfect contributor to this board...

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 02:14 PM
danyhabsfan

jack johnson was there. Maybe he want to play in montreal

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 02:21 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
pretty much sums up my thoughts. I always thought he was a talented player but without a proper brain to go with it.
Pretty accurate.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 02:30 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob De Funes View Post
or he'd be a perfect contributor to this board...
touché

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 02:35 PM
habfan4

I don't really have any issues with the quotes from that article. Though Mike might want to limit his comments about the club, who handled the details surrounding his departure from Montreal with their usual aplomb and discretion.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 02:41 PM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
What embarrasing situations did Theodore get into in Monteal? I can only remember his father in a bit of a situation. What ever came of that?

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
What embarrasing situations did Theodore get into in Monteal? I can only remember his father in a bit of a situation. What ever came of that?
There was his father, him photographed with Hells Angels, and the whole "banned from international competition" thing.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote