HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Ribeiro interview, talks Habs, Latendresse, Ryder

Old
07-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
What embarrasing situations did Theodore get into in Monteal? I can only remember his father in a bit of a situation. What ever came of that?
Paris Hilton.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:01 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Quote:
What embarrasing situations did Theodore get into in Monteal? I can only remember his father in a bit of a situation. What ever came of that?
Theo had family problems, thus he is a crook
Ribeiro was proud, thus he is arrogant
Ryder had a bad season, thus he is a lazy ass tool
Dagenais wasn't fast enough, thus he is a child molester
Rivet didn't like being out for a game, thus he ate babies
Koivu doesn't speak french as a 12th language, thus he hates quebecois
Higgins had a so-so season, thus he is worthless...

and the list goes on.

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:07 PM
JaymzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
I don't really have any issues with the quotes from that article. Though Mike might want to limit his comments about the club, who handled the details surrounding his departure from Montreal with their usual aplomb and discretion.
That is probably my only issue from this interview.

JaymzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:29 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastroLeRobot View Post
Theo had family problems, thus he is a crook
Ribeiro was proud, thus he is arrogant
Ryder had a bad season, thus he is a lazy ass tool
Dagenais wasn't fast enough, thus he is a child molester
Rivet didn't like being out for a game, thus he ate babies
Koivu doesn't speak french as a 12th language, thus he hates quebecois
Higgins had a so-so season, thus he is worthless...

and the list goes on.
Rivet used to eat babies with Mike Tyson?? Good to know

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:39 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Rogaine.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Lone Rogue

I really gotta wonder why people sit there and go,

"MIKE RIBIERO SAID SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT A MONTREAL CANADIENS PLAYER? THAT ****ER, HE DOESN'T KNOW ****!"

Like, really? You don't like him so he can't compliment or stick up for one of our players? Especially when hes correct? Wow.

Internet syndrome like hardcore.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Bullsmith

Ribiero and Tucker are two players I hate regardless of the colours they wear. He's a cocky, self-centered whiner who will always choke, dive or take a stupid penalty when crunch time comes. He's definitely got NHL skills, especially on the PP, but I don't want him on my team. Sorry we've got nothing to show for him, still incredibly glad he's gone.

It's true, lots of what Mickey Ribs has to say is accurate, but I think he's off about Ryder's value. The only way Ryder is a 30+ goal scorer is if he's the clear #1 winger on the team with major PP time. Which means only on a losing team does Ryder thrive.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:51 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I really gotta wonder why people sit there and go,

"MIKE RIBIERO SAID SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT A MONTREAL CANADIENS PLAYER? THAT ****ER, HE DOESN'T KNOW ****!"

Like, really? You don't like him so he can't compliment or stick up for one of our players? Especially when hes correct? Wow.

Internet syndrome like hardcore.
It's not what he said, it's how he said it. All three comments are backhanded swipes at Montreal management and coaching staff.

He's too hip-hop for me. He's just a loudmouth kid who always thinks he's the victim so he can act the thug. He just got a ton of money in Dallas that he probably wouldn't have gotten here, so he should shut his trap and thank his lucky Stars (Brendan Morrow above all). He thinks he's validated to say what he wants because he put up numbers and got the money. But that wouldn't have happened here because we don't have a Morrow to protect him. We haven't had a player like that in a long time and it something we badly need.

Old
07-28-2008, 03:53 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

on an unrelated subject, what's the vCash for?
I got 500, is that good?

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Ribeiro can eat ****.
Amen.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:54 PM
FrankMTL

Some people on this board have to get used to the fact that Mike Ribeiro will be hated by a portion of Habs fans, no matter what he says or does...Sorry Mickey, thats just the way it is

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:57 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Some people on this board have to get used to the fact that Mike Ribeiro will be hated by a portion of Habs fans, no matter what he says or does...Sorry Mickey, thats just the way it is
I chalk it up to roid rage.

Old
07-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees View Post
It's not what he said, it's how he said it. All three comments are backhanded swipes at Montreal management and coaching staff.
His comment on Lats had nothing to do with the team. It had everything to do with criticism on Lats. Did you take his comment on more ice time as a swipe at management? I took it as a swipe at people *****ing about Lats. Lats will get more ice time as he gets older.

Old
07-28-2008, 04:02 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
His comment on Lats had nothing to do with the team. It had everything to do with criticism on Lats. Did you take his comment on more ice time as a swipe at management? I took it as a swipe at people *****ing about Lats. Lats will get more ice time as he gets older.
Ok, so just the other two comments then. And the Julien comment. I respect the way Ribeiro plays though (he does go into the corner). He has the right to his opinion.

Old
07-28-2008, 04:16 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...endresse.shtml

On his performance last season:

I've been in the NHL for a while now, so I know the league a little better. My coaches have more confidence in me and I play with really good players in Dallas. It was good to finish in the top fifteen scorers in the NHL.

Adding, smiling:

In Montréal, I think I finished in the top thirty a year, but it wasn't good enough.

On Guillaume Latendresse:

Translation:

I'm convince that there are other players who's skating is not as good as Guillaume, but he's Québécois so he's talked about more. I often hear negative comments anout him coming from Montréal.

We forget that he's only 21 years old and that he scored close to forty goals in his two first seasons. We need to give him time. if he gets more ice time and plays a bigger role within the team, we'll rapidly forget about his skating.

On Michael Ryder:

Translation:

Michael scored for three straight years in Montréal and he only received one year contracts. I don't know if he was part of the organization's plan. In my opinion, I'm sure that he will score thirty this years and for years to come. He'll rejoin with Claude Julien with the Bruins.

On running his mouth like that:

I have nothing against Le Canadien. It's just that I like to tease the media, it always makes people talk.

I like him more and more. He's honest but not with the same arrogance he had when he was here.
He might well be right about Latendresse, however, I would not call it "honesty" to give an opinion about other players without giving facts about himself.

I would consider him in a better light if he just admitted he was immature while playing for the Habs and 'fessed up for his prima-donna attitude. He was without exaggeration an embarrassment.

I honestly don't believe he would have changed without the shake-up of being sent to Dallas. He should thank the Habs for that if he was really a big grown up boy now. His side quotes about other players dealt tells me he still thinks his behaviour was not the issue.

But this is old stuff and clearly Ribs has added nothing new

Last edited by JrHockeyFan: 07-28-2008 at 04:28 PM.
JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 04:17 PM
MTL-rules

If Ribeiro never played here, he would be a god on this board and there would be a trade proposal involving the habs getting him, at least once a month...

Why are people frustrated that he gets interviewed? Almost all good Quebecois players are being interviewed by SRC, Lecavalier, Bergeron, Leclaire... who else am I missing?

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 04:21 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Sorry but I agree with L Refs. His Lats comments along with Ryder observations is just Ribs way of taking a pot shot.

Old
07-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Belso

I agree with some of you that he was right about everything he said in the interview. I think he's matured a lot since he left Montreal. Good for him...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 04:26 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
If Ribeiro never played here, he would be a god on this board and there would be a trade proposal involving the habs getting him, at least once a month...

Why are people frustrated that he gets interviewed? Almost all good Quebecois players are being interviewed by SRC, Lecavalier, Bergeron, Leclaire... who else am I missing?
But he did play here. And lots of folks were not impressed. He did not behave like a god. But there were lots of trade proposals

He makes a good interview for the press in Quebec, just as JR does anywhere else. I'm not frustrated that he gets interviews. I'm just waiting for him to show that he isn't the same guy who frustrated so many Habs fans by not living up to expectations while he was here. But of course that is everybody else's fault if you ask Ribs.

Too bad he didn't step up in the home colours. He could have really helped us. That is the sad part

Old
07-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Kirk Maltby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
I would consider him in a better light if he just admitted he was immature while playing for the Habs and 'fessed up for his prima-donna attitude. He was without exaggeration an embarrassment.
Do you have any examples of his prima-donna attitude? How was he an embarrassment? I'll give you the Atlantic salmon act against the Bruins, but other than that?

Kirk Maltby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Sorry but I agree with L Refs. His Lats comments along with Ryder observations is just Ribs way of taking a pot shot.
Again, how is it a shot? I don't see it. Lats gets limited minutes and isn't on a top line. He feels if he did, he'd produce more and people wouldn't care so much about his skating. It's not blaming Carbo, its stating the obvious. People look far too much into things when they don't like someone and wish to vilify them.

I don't like Ribs either, am happy he is off the team, never want to see him return, but all that doesn't mean I'm going to twist everything he says.

Old
07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
AlexandreTheNotSoGreat

I always liked Ribeiro, I found him amusing. And his comments seem pretty fair and spot on to me.

AlexandreTheNotSoGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Koivu84*

thanks for posting this. I miss Ribs but glad he's doing well in Dallas

Koivu84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 06:07 PM
pepperMonkey

I think my mind must be getting addled because I see nothing wrong with what he said, whether or not it is accurate. Well, nothing controversial or pompous in any case. But then again, I have a tendency not to look for hidden meanings and such. Oh well.

pepperMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
I think my mind must be getting addled because I see nothing wrong with what he said, whether or not it is accurate. Well, nothing controversial or pompous in any case. But then again, I have a tendency not to look for hidden meanings and such. Oh well.
It's all about hidden meanings. I agree fully with the backhand swipe comment, he should be following a script when talking about our managment/team which is centered on repenting. But again, he talks like he knows more than Gainey.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote