HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston Bruins making a deal...

Old
07-29-2008, 11:40 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
i'd totally disagree on Axellson and wonder what you have watched to determine that he is 'clearly on the decline' and over payed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker View Post
What he said.
obviously, axe no longer looks that overpaid, but from what i've seen of him (16 games a year), i would say that he has been getting less and less effective. Trading him for something in the future, imo, wouldnt hurt the team and free up salary and a roster spot for someone else.

One other thing is that i expect the bruins to make some kind of play at the deadline this year. They are very close to being a cup contender in the east, and if the goaltending looks good up until march, there is no reason not to go for it. In order to make that type of play (say... havlat), they need cap space.

07-29-2008, 01:21 PM
bb_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
obviously, axe no longer looks that overpaid, but from what i've seen of him (16 games a year), i would say that he has been getting less and less effective. Trading him for something in the future, imo, wouldnt hurt the team and free up salary and a roster spot for someone else.

One other thing is that i expect the bruins to make some kind of play at the deadline this year. They are very close to being a cup contender in the east, and if the goaltending looks good up until march, there is no reason not to go for it. In order to make that type of play (say... havlat), they need cap space.
Axy never looked over payed and again i disagree totally on him looking any less effective than he has in past seasons.

he's one of the top two way defensive forwards in the league, the only problem with him last yeart (or was it the year before) was when he was put on the first/second line and used on the power play. Thats not his role, nor should it be.

they do need a bit more cap relief, but not at his expensive unless an improvement is replacing him, and i don think one of the kids or prospects would be much of an improvement over him.

Salary can be shed by dumping less usefull players (hello Schaefer)

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote