HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Is your girlfriend a hockey fan

Old
07-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Motorcat

vCash: 500
Dragged my GF to a hockey game about 6 years ago with the promise of - you don't like it I'll never ask you again.

Before the game was over she was asking when are we coming again.

We are now entering our 4th year as season ticket holders.

Motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 02:30 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
If my girlfriend had any idea that when I was at work I was really just posting on sports blogs/forums all day, I'm pretty sure that'd be the end of us.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

vCash: 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Hell no, hockey has cost me more sex than I would like to remember thank you.
Amen

Renegade Stylings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
I wonder if Ranger fans will be able to drag this thread to the very depths of perverse degradation that we Flyers fans have been able to.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 03:07 PM
DougHarvey

You guys need to get a Canadian gf. My gf puts on her Habs jersey prior to watching a game. We have not missed a game in the last 3 yrs.She even turns done invites from her parents on Staurday nites cuz the Habs are on TV.

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 03:58 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
The year before when we lost Game 6 to Buffalo, I was inconsolable. We left the Garden and she was trying to perk me up by picking one of our favorite restaurants to go eat at, but I was moody and upset and all that. She didn't quite get it at the time, but I think she would now. She actually got upset with me that I took it so hard that I just wanted to go home. In hindsight, I should have gone to get the BBQ because maybe that would have made me feel better.
Totally see your point.

They dont get it, because they havent spent HUNDREDS of hours here and watching games during the whole season.

When you put that much energy into something and it all comes crumbling down (for me it was the Drury game for Buffalo two years ago) its diffucult for some people to jsut put that aside.

I had to walk outside I was so pissed because we were with a group of people and she thought it was embarrassing how i was losing my ****.

If it were the other way around and she was as passionately engrossed in one thing for 8 months at a clip, all to come crashing down in the matter of seconds - she would totally understand where you are coming from.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Choice

Likes baseball, but doesn't get hockey at all. Likes the games for the boozing though.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 04:27 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
My wife is mildly interested. She'll go to games. Although I was surprised when she recently floated the idea of getting season tickets.

I've told this story before:

In high school I took a girl to a game. We had been dating for a while but it was not working. On the day of the game, which I had been looking forward to, she informs me that she doesn't want to stay for the whole game. Without missing a beat I replied, "That's cool, we can leave after the third period." This seemed to please her.

Luckily the game didn't go into OT.

She figured out what had happened. Needless to say, the relationship ended soon after.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
My wife is mildly interested. She'll go to games. Although I was surprised when she recently floated the idea of getting season tickets.

In high school I took a girl to a game. We had been dating for a while but it was not working. On the day of the game, which I had been looking forward to, she informs me that she doesn't want to stay for the whole game. Without missing a beat I replied, "That's cool, we can leave after the third period." This seemed to please her.

She figured out what had happened. Needless to say, the relationship ended soon after.
Hahaha, beautifully executed.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 04:53 PM
JerseyRangers

My wifes not too bad. She goes to a few games during the season and knows to stay away from me when I'm watching at home. The really cool thing is my son. He's so into the Rangers its great. He already started asking me when pre-season starts and when are we going to the first game. Makes watching the games all that more fun -- just gotta watch what I say around him!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 04:59 PM
ArtieAnisimov

my last ex was a Ranger fan I don't have a problem with her.....
but my other ex who I actually hate is a Red Wings fan (it killed me seeing them win the cup), she claimed I love the Rangers more than her, matter of fact I love my Ranger jerseys more than her and who wouldn't

ArtieAnisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 05:55 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:

SBOB, that's awesome.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 12:45 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:

Awesome. Just awesome.

I'm single. My ex claimed she liked the Rangers, we even watched a few games and attended one and she seemed like she had a good time. Then she just randomly lost interest. And things fell apart not long after that. And I thank God for a number of reasons.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:

Who says that there are no heroes anymore?

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 06:49 PM
tlallstar6

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to tlallstar6
yes, but she is a penguins fan

tlallstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 06:53 PM
gaglinefan

Rent or Own Category

My wife is a Philly girl, Rangers fan. She does go to a couple of games. I kid her sister and my nephew about the Flyers and the orphan annie jerseys.

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 01:36 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Totally see your point.

They dont get it, because they havent spent HUNDREDS of hours here and watching games during the whole season.

When you put that much energy into something and it all comes crumbling down (for me it was the Drury game for Buffalo two years ago) its diffucult for some people to jsut put that aside.

I had to walk outside I was so pissed because we were with a group of people and she thought it was embarrassing how i was losing my ****.

If it were the other way around and she was as passionately engrossed in one thing for 8 months at a clip, all to come crashing down in the matter of seconds - she would totally understand where you are coming from.
thats kind of like when people tell me to calm down and it's "just a game" they have no idea. Rangers hockey is a lifelong commitment and you cant just let it go when they lose.

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 05:06 PM
sousuffer

My wife is a die hard Devils fan. We met at an ice rink, got engaged at an ice rink, and wore jerseys at our wedding reception. There's nothing more passionate or hot than rooting for division rivals. We go to 4-6 Rangers-Devils games per year, including a playoff game when they face off. She knows not only every player on both of our teams, but many other players from other teams as well. We have two TV's running when both teams play other teams on the same night. She gets it, and gets just as upset when her team gets knocked out as I do when we get knocked out.

sousuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 11:55 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
I usually forget to let mine out of the basement when the game's on.
this made me laugh out loud HAHA sooooo funny

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote