HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why didn't anybody stand up for Aaron Ward?

Old
07-29-2008, 11:43 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
That's exactly what Ward has provided in Boston. Not sure why he didn't live up to his billing in NYC, but the B's have become a better team because of it.
different systems.....different players.......he might fit better on the team now, but still we all like mara and really like how he took a discount to stay in NY.....plus he isnt even 30 which is also good

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 12:51 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

For a guy who's supposed to be an offensive minded dman, Paul Mara had a poor statistical year for you guys.

VeddarRants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 12:53 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
For a guy who's supposed to be an offensive minded dman, Paul Mara had a poor statistical year for you guys.
renney seemed to have something against him. he saw limited PP time and was on the third pair (often with strudwick **shudder**) when he was even in the lineup

Edit: and he was injured for a while

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 01:01 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
We didn't really put him in offensive situations on a regular basis. I was more impressed with his physical play, particularly after he returned from injury late in the season. All in all, I think he had a decent season for us.

He's also in a lot of fans' good graces around here because he took less money to play here, and publicly stated his desire to help this team achieve success.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 01:08 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
We didn't really put him in offensive situations on a regular basis. I was more impressed with his physical play, particularly after he returned from injury late in the season. All in all, I think he had a decent season for us.

He's also in a lot of fans' good graces around here because he took less money to play here, and publicly stated his desire to help this team achieve success.
and let's not forget his prediction in the pens' series. gotta love a guy willing to stick his neck out to raise a stir and try to provide some hope....

Old
07-29-2008, 01:09 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

I liked Mara when he was on the Bruins. It's hard not to look at his background ( former high round pick and a few good statistical years ) and wonder why he could never sustain that level of skill, but all in all, he's a decent dman.

A Ward / Mara duo would be a solid vet presence on any team

VeddarRants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 01:13 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
and let's not forget his prediction in the pens' series. gotta love a guy willing to stick his neck out to raise a stir and try to provide some hope....
good team guy but id like to see a bit nastyness from him on a consistant basis, but glad he is back.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 01:17 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubinskyNYR17 View Post
good team guy but id like to see a bit nastyness from him on a consistant basis, but glad he is back.
definitely, he stood up for guys, but never showed much of a mean streak on his own...

Old
07-29-2008, 01:18 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
wow, this is like.. what, only a year late?
A year? Almost 3 years now...

Why is this even a topic? There are barely any players from that team left on the roster.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 01:23 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
That is just fantastic for you guys.
It is...thanks.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 03:33 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post

But seriously...Malik? I'd have a team of 6 wards on defense 100x over having a team of 6 maliks on defense.
i wasn't referring to their style of play. of course ward is a better d-man than malik.

i was saying that looking at both of them skate during that same season ward's injury was so bad that he was going at a snail's pace compared to malik.

and even when healthy for small bit there with us, he wasn't much quicker straight-ahead or at turning.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 03:36 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayBShirt View Post
i wasn't referring to their style of play. of course ward is a better d-man than malik.

i was saying that looking at both of them skate during that same season ward's injury was so bad that he was going at a snail's pace compared to malik.

and even when healthy for small bit there with us, he wasn't much quicker straight-ahead or at turning.
haha, i just realized: no one has signed malik yet

Old
07-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger View Post
It's just you.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app?fetc...tssPlayerStats

That year (his only as a NYR) he played 60 games in NY and 20 in Boston.
Not to mention Ward played half of those games with a broken foot and it definitely effected his game.

Ward has two Stanley Cup rings and was in the top two pairing (as far as ice time is concerned) with the Hurrcanes, when they won their Cup. He was a monster for them and he certainly is a physical player.

He came to the Rangers and broke his foot, tried to play through it. He thehn called out Jaromir Jagr to stop being a p**** and lead the team the way a Captain should. So of course Jaromir had a problem with Ward.

But Ward doesn't come from a hockey culture where it's acceptable for any player to routinely turn the puck over/give it away, take multiple shifts off and slow-ass loaf his way back to the bench after over-extending his shift by a minute and a half; nevermind a Captain doing it. Ward came from hockey cultures where they had REAL captains leading the team and doing it by example ( Brind'Amour and Yzerman ).

These were just a few of the problems Ward had with Jagr. Many of us fans had problems with that, too.

Ward has always been a slow starter in the Regulation Season and typically becomes a force some time around December/January.

Ward knows what it takes and how to win a Stanley Cup in this century. Jagr and Renney, do not.

The Rangers were stupid to trade him.

Ward is now Chara's first line, first pair defensive partner.

The Bruins will get to the Third Round or Finals, before the Rangers ever even get a chance to sniff it.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
different systems.....different players.......he might fit better on the team now, but still we all like mara and really like how he took a discount to stay in NY.....plus he isnt even 30 which is also good
Uh, no.

I'd take Ward over Mara......any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Old
07-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
Really? Ward's been great in Boston and is like by everyone. Great leader and does well with the youngsters.

I couldn't be happier that he's in Boston.
That's because my team (the Rangers ) has been too occupied with basically catering to a big, tempermental, brooding P**** by the name of Jaromir Jagr.

And our head coach ain't much better.

If Sather and Renney had any brains, they would have told Jagr to shut the ******* up and deal with it like a man. Ward called him out and Ward was right on the money!

Instead they traded Ward to appease the delicate artist and soothe his damaged inner-child.

Old
07-29-2008, 05:30 PM
ThisYearsModel

Aaron Ward sucked.

Jagr did not like him.

He is a left wing nutjob.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 05:35 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Uh, no.

I'd take Ward over Mara......any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Ward is playing with Chara, which enables Chara to cover up for Wards slowness afoot and his being out of position going for big hits. The Rangers didn't have anyone who could cover for him, so he was exposed for what he is. Old, slow and washed up. Chara is playing for 2 now. Shows how good Chara truly is.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Aaron Ward was very well liked by his team mates in Detroit and in Carolina.

Only in RangersLand......In New York Rangers culture would a player like Ward get crapped on, in favor of a ***** boy like Jaromir Jagr.

One Cup in 68 years and a majority of Rangers fans and Rangers management ..... still don't get it.

Old
07-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
That's because my team (the Rangers ) has been too occupied with basically catering to a big, tempermental, brooding P**** by the name of Jaromir Jagr.

And our head coach ain't much better.

If Sather and Renney had any brains, they would have told Jagr to shut the ******* up and deal with it like a man. Ward called him out and Ward was right on the money!

Instead they traded Ward to appease the delicate artist and soothe his damaged inner-child.
wow way to treat the guy who single handingly brought our franchise from laughing-stock to a contender

--and dont give me the Henke helped too, because Henke didnt even play 65% of the games

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Ward is playing with Chara, which enables Chara to cover up for Wards slowness afoot and his being out of position going for big hits. The Rangers didn't have anyone who could cover for him, so he was exposed for what he is. Old, slow and washed up. Chara is playing for 2 now. Shows how good Chara truly is.
Yeah, that's what it is. Hahahahahahaha

ThisYearsModel, meet reality. I'm sure you two are strangers to each other.

Old
07-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Yeah, that's what it is. Hahahahahahaha

ThisYearsModel, meet reality. I'm sure you two are strangers to each other.
that made no sense. the guy wasnt that good. your highly over-rating him. you didnt even give a good explaination on ThisYearsModel's post. all you said was hahahahahah, i guess that means you have no answer and ThisYearsModel is correct about Ward playing with a Norris Candidate Defensman compared to Mara playing with Malik and sendemBackman.

Old
07-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
wow way to treat the guy who single handingly brought our franchise from laughing-stock to a contender

--and dont give me the Henke helped too, because Henke didnt even play 65% of the games

Yeah, single-handingly

Funny how once his boys ( Nylander, Straka and Ruchinsky) were either traded, let walk away or suffered injuries; Jagr became not so single-handingly effective.

Yeah, I remember him bringing a ton of respect to this team when in the 2005-2006 First Round Playoffs, he foolishly tried to rabbit-punch Scott Gomez in the back of the head, dislocated his shoulder and became useless. Not to say he was effective up to that point, anyway. He was not. He was a joke down from February to April, that season.

I remember when he was invisable for a majority of the first half of the 2006-2007 season. So invisable that it took Aaron Ward shoving his foot up his ass, which of course insulted the poor baby and led to Ward getting traded.

Another guy who looks at total offensive points (stats) and thinks they defi8ne how a player played/performed.

Old
07-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:

Yeah, single-handingly

Funny how once his boys ( Nylander, Straka and Ruchinsky) were either traded, let walk away or suffered injuries; Jagr became not so single-handingly effective.

Yeah, I remember him bringing a ton of respect to this team when in the 2005-2006 First Round Playoffs, he foolishly tried to rabbit-punch Scott Gomez in the back of the head, dislocated his shoulder and became useless. Not to say he was effective up to that point, anyway. He was not. He was a joke down from February to April, that season.

I remember when he was invisable for a majority of the first half of the 2006-2007 season. So invisable that it took Aaron Ward shoving his foot up his ass, which of course insulted the poor baby and led to Ward getting traded.

Another guy who looks at total offensive points (stats) and thinks they defi8ne how a player played/performed.

are you even a ranger fan? or just a ward fan. holy ****.

Old
07-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
that made no sense. the guy wasnt that good. your highly over-rating him. you didnt even give a good explaination on ThisYearsModel's post. all you said was hahahahahah, i guess that means you have no answer and ThisYearsModel is correct about Ward playing with a Norris Candidate Defensman compared to Mara playing with Malik and sendemBackman.
Obviously you and Model know nothing about Ward or the Chara/Ward pairing and how they have played together, as Bruins. It's obvious neither of you even watched any of the Bruins games.

Go watch some Bruins games from this past season. Go watch some Bruins games from this upcoming season. Then come back and talk to me.

Old
07-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Obviously you and Model know nothing about Ward or the Chara/Ward pairing and how they have played together, as Bruins. It's obvious neither of you even watched any of the Bruins games.

Go watch some Bruins games from this past season. Go watch some Bruins games from this upcoming season. Then come back and talk to me.
oh, okay. so your a Bruins fan not a Rangers fan, i see...