HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundin to Montreal Rumors and Discussion Part 8

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2008, 01:14 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
the thing is, im sure he's known for a while.

but he had the wedding to deal with, so that was his priority.

then he wanted to keep the press off his back by saying this. If he had already said he was coming back, everyone would be *****ing about which team? This way, it's not even being really discussed yet.
That's what I think as well. He probably knows already which team he wants to play with, and that team also knows he'll be joining them. I think he just wants to keep the press back and enjoy a peaceful summer, which is why he's throwing out all of this "soft deadline" nonsense.

Old
07-30-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
I agree with your whole post, well said. Also i agree with the bolded part especially. The longer he waits the more MTL becomes his only true option of a cup contending team with the space for him. He either goes back to Toronto or he signs in Montreal. Rangers have no cap space left and huge long term deals with their # 1 and 2 centers. It would be counter productive for the rangers to make room for sundin.

I suppose there may be a silent option out there that none of us has thought of including the press, but i doubt it. Still the first step is HIS friday announcement on playing or not.
I keep reading from posters/columnist/reporters that they think he'll end up back in Toronto...but again, I don't see how that's even a remote possibility

He'd be ridiculed if after all this speculation/madness, that he ends up back in Toronto trying to squeeze them into the playoffs again...talk about leaving a legacy behind, I never knew HE wanted to be remembered as a clown/loser (no offense to the Leafs).

I don't know...maybe it's the fact that i'm a die-hard Habs fan and thats clouding my judgement, I concede, but I just can't see what other scenario fits better for HIM than Montreal at this point...

This is an exciting year for the Habs and their fans, there's so much going on and HE has a chance to be a part of that...He's not going to be looked as THE guy on the Habs, he'll share that with a handful of players so the pressure, while still there, is shared between guys like Kovalev, Koivu, Markov, Tanguay, etc.

As I said in an earlier post...Imagine being HIM right now and knowing that there's a possibility that in Jan/Feb, you'd be the starting center in Montreal for the all star game. Does he realize the type of adulation he'd get?

if that alone doesnt get his competitive juices flowing, than nothing will...he can ride off in the sunset and retire or go to Toronto and....i'll let you finish that thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
That's what I think as well. He probably knows already which team he wants to play with, and that team also knows he'll be joining them. I think he just wants to keep the press back and enjoy a peaceful summer, which is why he's throwing out all of this "soft deadline" nonsense.
Same here...which is why the Habs and the members of their organization have been so hush-hush about the situation.

I may be wrong, and if so, that's fine...but I can't see how or why Sundin is going to retire and I can't see what other team (amongst the one's capable of fiting him into their cap/team structure) provides HIM with as good an opportunity to win.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-30-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old
07-30-2008, 01:26 PM
HabsVision

Elliott Pap, Vancouver Sun, Wednesday, July 30 :
Quote:
Mats Sundin is expected to decide by Friday whether he will play in the NHL next season but he is not expected to decide where he will play for a few more days after that.
The reluctant free agent was scheduled to chat with agent J.P. Barry's Swedish colleague, Claes Elefalk, today in Stockholm and Barry is optimistic that Sundin will at least drop a hint. (...)
"Claes is going to meet Mats just to see where he is so, hopefully, we'll get a bit of an idea on his decision-making process," Barry said Tuesday. "Friday is like a soft deadline for him to decide. It's what Mats put up. He said he'll decide for sure because, if he's going to play, he has to focus on his training."(...)
Barry figures it would then take another few days to put pen to paper with the successful bidder.
"It wouldn't be a week or two," added the agent. "Once he decides he's going to play, we would probably be able to get something done within less than a week."
So we probably have one more week of this chaos before getting our long awaited final answer

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...2-539ecdd5ecd4.

Old
07-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
it sure would be nice, if mats would grow up, and make the call

how long,

a month, but this is getting sad
That ggave me some inspiration.....

How long? how lo-ong, will I sigh
have to wait and sigh, I don't
I don't believe it's fair
Silly rumors is all I ever

I heard your agent's voice through a telegraph
I thought its us, others thought you would pass
Once you sign this thread will never go back
I have to wait it on with another sigh

Centuries we have waited to see
A repository of useless battling of ideas
Stranger things could never change my mind
Ive got to wait it on with another sigh
wait it on with another sigh
wait it on
wait it on

Pour your life for a stanley cup
The rumors are bull and Im spillin my guts
Van wants to know if you wanna be a **** (slot)

Old
07-30-2008, 01:32 PM
El Wama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That ggave me some inspiration.....

How long? how lo-ong, will I sigh
have to wait and sigh, I don't
I don't believe it's fair
Silly rumors is all I ever

I heard your agent's voice through a telegraph
I thought its us, others thought you would pass
Once you sign this thread will never go back
I have to wait it on with another sigh

Centuries we have waited to see
A repository of useless battling of ideas
Stranger things could never change my mind
wait it on with another sigh
wait it on
wait it on

Pour your life for a stanley cup
The rumors are bull and Im spillin my guts
Van wants to know if you wanna be a **** (slot)
hahahahaha very nice

Closed Thread