HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why didn't anybody stand up for Aaron Ward?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-30-2008, 05:40 PM
  #101
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
You need to get a grip and realize something, here.........

1) I don't care what you believe or disbelieve. It's neither my concern or business. I'm not here to make you or anyone (for that matter) ....a believer of anything.

2) I saw a thread so infested with misconceptions, one-sided biased fantasy, misinformation, downright lies and utter nonsense. The first few pages are infested with them.

3) So I came in to express some opinions, thoughts and make a few statements which I know to be true.

Take what you will from it and perceive it in which ever manner you wish.

But I will suggest to anyone here who considers themselves a knowledgeable hockey person/fan, that, they do some research on Aaron Ward, get an education on his history as a player and teammate with his two previous teams (Detroit and Carolina), prior to his signing with the Rangers. Then, do some research on how Aaron Ward is doing in Boston, both as a player and team mate.

Otherewise, you're just embarrassing yourselves. You obviously don't realize it, but you are.

As for that video by the OP and the guy who just re-posted it....

If you were watching the game and paying attention, it was clear Ward was chattering at Brashear (with verbal abuse) as he was heading his way and off to the penalty box; for the purpose of trying to draw an extra penalty to Brashear (the Caps).

Ward saw him coming, knew he was coming and at no time did he ever raise his hands/arms in self-defense. There's a reason for that. Ward was suckering him into hitting him and taking the extra penalty. Ward took one (actually two, lol ) for the team.

If you watched the game you would know when Ward arrived at the bench his team mates started patting him on the back, patting his helmet, grinning and congratulating him.

And after Ward was finished with his Oscar award performance/portrayal of " the poor, innocent victim who was mugged and assaulted by Brashear "; he sat there with a grin. As were several of Ward's team mates.


The Orr hit on Ovechkin was a retaliation for Brashear hammering Jagr with an elbow, earlier in the game. The same elbow that inspired Shanney to fight Brashear. But Orr decided to do it the old fashioned way. The right way. You hammer our best players, we hammer your best player.
ok...so you have no proof of any of the things you posted before...

how can YOU know them to be true when the people covering the team have NEVER once said any such thing about Jagr during the whole Ward incident..

btw Jagr has stuck up for his teammates as a Rangers player...check the Walker hit on Gomez....Avery jumps walker and Jagr gets in the scrum to protect Avery from getting run...it's on youtube...

Unless you are going to post proof of your thoughts i'll just ignore your future posts. I love a good debate but I love a good factual debate with people that will back there thoughts up with something...not just what THEY believe to be true......

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 05:50 PM
  #102
Jeds2StepOpus
Registered User
 
Jeds2StepOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
ok...so you have no proof of any of the things you posted before...

how can YOU know them to be true when the people covering the team have NEVER once said any such thing about Jagr during the whole Ward incident..

btw Jagr has stuck up for his teammates as a Rangers player...check the Walker hit on Gomez....Avery jumps walker and Jagr gets in the scrum to protect Avery from getting run...it's on youtube...

Unless you are going to post proof of your thoughts i'll just ignore your future posts. I love a good debate but I love a good factual debate with people that will back there thoughts up with something...not just what THEY believe to be true......

Once again, Reading Comprehension skills ............Zilch. Nada.

"Believe to be true"

Wonder in what galaxy I said that

Sheesh, I don't know what school you people went to, but I'd demand my money back on those diplomas and degrees.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 05:53 PM
  #103
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Once again, Reading Comprehension skills ............Zilch. Nada.

"Believe to be true"

Wonder in what galaxy I said that

Sheesh, I don't know what school you people went to, but I'd demand my money back on those diplomas and degrees.
ok but your belief is in-correct...

you can throw insults my way all day long but i'm not the guy who believes something that isn't true...you have no proof to back it up and it seems you have no desire to learn what really happened...

i'd demand my money back but i don't need anymore of it....it's a nice way to live!

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 09:45 PM
  #104
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,378
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Reality is such a hard pill to swallow. I completely understand why so many of you fight against it.

Especially in our Rangers Culture, where hype, sensationalistic PR and advertising so easily seduces Rangers fans who really don't know much about the game/sport.

It's okay. One day you'll learn, if youmake the effort.
You're wrong.

End.

Now I did exactly what you did in less words. All you've done is feed BS without any way of backing it up.

Just because you write extra-long posts of horsecrap, doesn't make it anymore correct.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 09:51 PM
  #105
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Reality is such a hard pill to swallow. I completely understand why so many of you fight against it.

Especially in our Rangers Culture, where hype, sensationalistic PR and advertising so easily seduces Rangers fans who really don't know much about the game/sport.

It's okay. One day you'll learn, if youmake the effort.
HAHAHAHAH, OMG. are you saying i dont know much about the sport because i have respect for THE BEST player to put on a ranger sweater post lockout. wow, wow, wow,

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 08:48 AM
  #106
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post
Well then do me the honor of explaining to me how he was NOT soft.

Or maybe my intense hatred for him overshadows my judgement, who knows. As far as I am concerned Malik>Ward and I consistantly destroyed Malik every oppertunity.
That's assinine. Ward was good and Kudos to him for calling Jagr out.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 08:57 AM
  #107
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
That's assinine. Ward was good and Kudos to him for calling Jagr out.
Kudos for being a disruption in the dressing room?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 04:01 PM
  #108
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,556
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Once again, Reading Comprehension skills ............Zilch. Nada.

"Believe to be true"

Wonder in what galaxy I said that

Sheesh, I don't know what school you people went to, but I'd demand my money back on those diplomas and degrees.
No wonder why you like Ward so much, you sound like the same kind of jerk he is. You try to come off as an educated person with how you type and the terms you use but when you go off insulting others opinions that goes against your own you show how uneducated you really are. I am a HUGE Kovalev fan, I try to read everything about him and I have never once heard of him complain like that about Jagr. You said it yourself, Orr did it the right way when they went after our best player, well you just said Jagr was our best player. Not Ward who wasn't even our best defenseman. Seriously, go follow Boston..........I think you would fit in very nicely with thier crowd. You want to give credit to the 3rd/4th liners for the turnaround and give nothing to the guy who broke long standing records in less than one season. You do know how long the Rangers have been around right? Well Jagr came in one year and destroyed the goals and points record. Look at all the names that have played for this franchise and that becomes even more impressive.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 09:29 AM
  #109
Jeds2StepOpus
Registered User
 
Jeds2StepOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
HAHAHAHAH, OMG. are you saying i dont know much about the sport because i have respect for THE BEST player to put on a ranger sweater post lockout. wow, wow, wow,
Oh brother. Are you capable of following any train of thought or subject matter?

Okay, let me summarize and simplify for you. For the last time.


1) You in this thread made a silly statement that "Jagr single-handidly brought the Rangers back to respectibility".

2) I eventually responded and countered because I know that comment is a gross over-simplification and complete misconception.

3) Anyone who knows and understands the game/sport of hockey, knows the other two major factors in gaining "respectability" was the fact the Rangers for the first time in a very long time, had very effective Third and Fourth Lines. It was their defensive abilities, their physical game (hitting everything in sight) and their energy/hustle, that also largely contributed to the Rangers "gaining respectability".


4) It was their ability to keep the puck out of their own net, team defense, physicality and all around team play that truely made them a complete team and gained them respect.

5) But as a team, of course that includes Jagr's offensive contributions. But not NOT exlusive to. Nor was it exclusive to to their team defense and defensive abilities. They accomplished respect by being solid in all aspects of the game. That was my point all along, regarding this particular subject matter.

Do you finally get it? I hope so because I'm not explaining it again.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 02:36 PM
  #110
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Oh brother. Are you capable of following any train of thought or subject matter?

Okay, let me summarize and simplify for you. For the last time.


1) You in this thread made a silly statement that "Jagr single-handidly brought the Rangers back to respectibility".

2) I eventually responded and countered because I know that comment is a gross over-simplification and complete misconception.

3) Anyone who knows and understands the game/sport of hockey, knows the other two major factors in gaining "respectability" was the fact the Rangers for the first time in a very long time, had very effective Third and Fourth Lines. It was their defensive abilities, their physical game (hitting everything in sight) and their energy/hustle, that also largely contributed to the Rangers "gaining respectability".


4) It was their ability to keep the puck out of their own net, team defense, physicality and all around team play that truely made them a complete team and gained them respect.

5) But as a team, of course that includes Jagr's offensive contributions. But not NOT exlusive to. Nor was it exclusive to to their team defense and defensive abilities. They accomplished respect by being solid in all aspects of the game. That was my point all along, regarding this particular subject matter.

Do you finally get it? I hope so because I'm not explaining it again.

While I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, your being way over dramatic here. Let me also point out you are offering statements of opinion and expecting me to accept them as fact, it doesn't work that way. In no way do I want to carry on an argument about this, but your high and might attitude is unnecessary.

First, you call his opinion "silly", which is condesending
Second, you follow with "i know that comment is a gross over-simplification and complete misconception " which sounds like you think your own opinion is fact, a gross misconception on your part
Lastly, the reasons you go on to list about respectabilty are no less opinion than the statement you attacked him for, how does that make you right?

The arrogance you display here is truly sad when this whole issue could be resolved by simple showing respect for the opinions of your fellow posters

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 02:59 PM
  #111
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Oh, and to answer the question of why nobody stuck up for Aaron Ward??

because he was suppose to be one of the guys doing the sticking up, but once he got his money he shrunk under the bright lights of broadway like so many players before. I was psyched when we signed this guy, but he pulled a complete turtle job as a Ranger and brought average defensive play at best. Some guys just can't handle the pressure in NY.
I hear he's a good team guy and have no reason to think otherwise as I've never met him personally, but the fact that Jagr was able to get along with guys running the breadth of character from Brendan Shanahan to Sean Avery, I have to believe that the problem between Ward and Jagr was the fault of both Ward and Jagr, not one or the other. I can honestly say that since the lockout, Aaron Ward was my biggest dissappointment on the blueline, because unlike Malik, I had hopes for Ward...

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 04:15 PM
  #112
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Kudos for being a disruption in the dressing room?
No, Kudos to Ward for standing up to Jagr's crybabyness. (if that is a word, lol) That whole thing went down while the Rangers were in a serious slump, and Jagr frequently had no answer for it. Jagr was a terrible captain IMO.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.