HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Charges dropped against O'Byrne

Old
07-31-2008, 12:25 AM
Habs

vCash: 500
Why did he apologize and get sentenced to community work if he was totally innocent? What the heck is the whole story here?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 12:53 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Why did he apologize and get sentenced to community work if he was totally innocent? What the heck is the whole story here?
You don't seem to understand. Innocent (and totally innocent) is a poor choice of words. It means clean or pure. Innocent is not the same as not guilty and it certainly doesn't apply to what O'Byrne did. The fact that he has to do community service clearly shows that he did something wrong in the eyes of the law. The judge simply didn't want to ruin his career over an alcohol-related prank for which O'Byrne apologized.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 07:25 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
this stuff is gossip, and obviously if i was someone who was a reporter or close to the team, i wouldnt be spewing stuff out like that, but im not. It happened, it was talked about, and that was that.

In the end, it doesnt really matter because the charges were dropped (there was no way they wouldnt be) and everything's peachy again (well nearly).
Again, send me the details of how you came about this info and I will have it verified cause I have my own contacts and that's not the story I was told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
He wasn't totally innocent, hence he had to apologize.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote