HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundin to Montreal Rumors and Discussion Part IX

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2008, 06:54 AM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

Old
07-31-2008, 06:56 AM
Ishmael

His agent could also be "embellishing" the interest from the other 3 teams in order to make the GMs truly in the race antsy and sweeten their offers in some way.

In ither words, he could just be setting up the best bargaining situation possible for his client.

Old
07-31-2008, 07:39 AM
marchabsfan

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/...ndin_team1040/

For all the guys who thought he will decide on july 31 at midnight.....patience will be the key I guess....

"According to Barry, Sundin is in no rush to make a final decision on his playing future.

"He's still taking his time, and he hasn't given us an indication or not if he's going to keep playing or not," Barry said. "You know, when he was speaking in Sweden about August, unfortunately a lot of people picked up 1st of August. He meant August. He meant sometime in August he would definitely decide because he'll definitely be in training camp.""

That guy is a joke. Not Barry, Sundin. It's not even funny. He's the kind of guy that must look at the cashier and say "Ill take...euuuuuuuuuuuh" for like 5 min while your behind him

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-31-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old
07-31-2008, 07:47 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
That guy is a joke. Not Barry, Sundin. It's not even funny. He's the kind of guy that must look at the cashier and say "Ill take...euuuuuuuuuuuh" for like 5 min while your behind him
Or the folks who go in Subway or McD's and dont know what they want

Old
07-31-2008, 07:51 AM
marchabsfan

exactly what I meant he's SOOOO that guy you "hate"...eheheh

Old
07-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

You guys should all thank Sundin.

Without him, what would you be discussing? Allouettes? Olympics? Going over and over your potential 3rd and 4th lines? Talking about how to get Perez out of Russia? Bringing back Petrov if Sundin signed somewhere else?

Thank you Mats, thank you.

Old
07-31-2008, 08:49 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
what?so your telling me this

''He's still taking his time, and he hasn't given us an indication or not if he's going to keep playing or not.

doesnt contradict this?

He meant sometime in August he would definitely decide because he'll definitely be in training camp.''
The 2nd sentece should be read:

"If Sundin decides to play, he'll decide in August about the team because he definitely wants to be there at the beginning of training camp and not come in later on"

Old
07-31-2008, 08:51 AM
Talent Analyst

Per Eklund:

A source had told me that the "Mats Domino" looks more and more to be falling to the East...as I have heard, the Canadiens and the Rangers are the finalists (...so the dog....he was right?)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16379

Old
07-31-2008, 08:57 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
I wonder what Gary the Hockey Monkey has to say about this?

Old
07-31-2008, 09:23 AM
sampollock

the way this is going , mats should join the View, he seems to be lost

this is a joke

1 month fine, but this is getting a bit much

Old
07-31-2008, 09:24 AM
David_99

Quote:
Yesterday I was in a rush driving to work. My fiancee asked if I could stop at the gas station to pick her up a drink for her lunch. I figured it'd just take a second. Well, when I got to the lineup, not only was it packed, but a guy was standing at the cash playing loto tickets, with 10 people waiting behind him. Then he finishes his 10 or so tickets, decides to pay for the two pepsis he had in front of him but didn't have enough so he went outside to get more change from his car, the cashier told us the cash was locked into his purchase and had to wait for him, then he gets back pays and still takes his time to put his keys in his pocket, then put his change in the other one, pick up his pop one at a time, dig his keys out again while still standing at the cash. A guy in a business suit behind him stepped forward and put his milk down next to the guys' used loto tickets to get things moving and the guy gave the business suit guy a dirty look!

**** I hate stupid people. Whew. Sorry. Had to vent there.

So, yeah, Sundin's probably like him.

Old
07-31-2008, 09:25 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Yesterday I was in a rush driving to work. My fiancee asked if I could stop at the gas station to pick her up a drink for her lunch. I figured it'd just take a second. Well, when I got to the lineup, not only was it packed, but a guy was standing at the cash playing loto tickets, with 10 people waiting behind him. Then he finishes his 10 or so tickets, decides to pay for the two pepsis he had in front of him but didn't have enough so he went outside to get more change from his car, the cashier told us the cash was locked into his purchase and had to wait for him, then he gets back pays and still takes his time to put his keys in his pocket, then put his change in the other one, pick up his pop one at a time, dig his keys out again while still standing at the cash. A guy in a business suit behind him stepped forward and put his milk down next to the guys used loto tickets to get things moving and the guy gave the business suit guy a dirty look!

*sound of whip in air*

Old
07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Yesterday I was in a rush driving to work. My fiancee asked if I could stop at the gas station to pick her up a drink for her lunch. I figured it'd just take a second. Well, when I got to the lineup, not only was it packed, but a guy was standing at the cash playing loto tickets, with 10 people waiting behind him. Then he finishes his 10 or so tickets, decides to pay for the two pepsis he had in front of him but didn't have enough so he went outside to get more change from his car, the cashier told us the cash was locked into his purchase and had to wait for him, then he gets back pays and still takes his time to put his keys in his pocket, then put his change in the other one, pick up his pop one at a time, dig his keys out again while still standing at the cash. A guy in a business suit behind him stepped forward and put his milk down next to the guys' used loto tickets to get things moving and the guy gave the business suit guy a dirty look!

Yeah...the fish plants are shut down for the season...so its to be expected

Old
07-31-2008, 09:58 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Yesterday I was in a rush driving to work. My fiancee asked if I could stop at the gas station to pick her up a drink for her lunch. I figured it'd just take a second....

*sound of whip in air*
You can put the whip away

Old
07-31-2008, 10:01 AM
marchabsfan

Quote:

So that guy is a "sundin".

definition: sundin. to be a "sundin". undecisive to an unseen point.

Old
07-31-2008, 10:02 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Perhaps Minnesota is one of the teams interested...after the parrish buy out, they got quite a bit more cap room
My two wild card bets are Florida and New Jersey in the East. Minnesota and Colorado in the West.

Old
07-31-2008, 10:04 AM
marchabsfan

I dont see a team in the NHL offering a better all-around offer to Sundin than Montreal. So that waiting time is odd.

Old
07-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Yeah...the fish plants are shut down for the season...so its to be expected
Jesus, they're growing fish in the ground now?!

You animals! What have you done?! Damn you!! Damn you all to heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell!!!

-----------------------------------------------

Anyone that calls an NHL star of 19 years a 'joke' because he wants to evaluate things must have a pretty big set of nards. Look, I know Mats owes you a decision, I mean really really really owes it to you. But he just needs a little time, is all.

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 07-31-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old
07-31-2008, 10:39 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
I dont see a team in the NHL offering a better all-around offer to Sundin than Montreal. So that waiting time is odd.
BG is waiting patiently, hmmmm...I still think of the interview with Carbo, where he has this smirk on his face when they ask him about Sundin...but as stated at least a thousand times, we are an excellent club without Mats, but we are a East Power with him...tick,tick,tick,...

Old
07-31-2008, 10:41 AM
AD

Quote:
You can put the whip away
Trust me. I'm not the one holding the whip.

Old
07-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
BG is waiting patiently, hmmmm...I still think of the interview with Carbo, where he has this smirk on his face when they ask him about Sundin...but as stated at least a thousand times, we are an excellent club without Mats, but we are a East Power with him...tick,tick,tick,...
He smirked because he thought to himself, "there's only a 20% chance he won't sign here, hehe.............note to self: keep Andrei Kostitsyn on the LW."

Old
07-31-2008, 10:48 AM
David_99

Quote:
Trust me. I'm not the one holding the whip.
haha, no worries she's not either. Not to ruin the joke but she has Crohn's and has good days and bad.

Quote:
So that guy is a "sundin".

definition: sundin. to be a "sundin". undecisive to an unseen point.
Yup, Sundin's just standing at the cash register right now, trying to pick which loto he's about to win. He's already won the Set for Life, now he's trying to pick between the 8 million/y jackpot or the 10 million/y. Should be an easy decision but the 10 million involves a lot of travel.

Old
07-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
The 2nd sentece should be read:

"If Sundin decides to play, he'll decide in August about the team because he definitely wants to be there at the beginning of training camp and not come in later on"
Barry speak not so good at times led to confusion like he said montreal was looking diffrent directions interview said he.

Old
07-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Universe
Eh?

If it isn't August 1st, he is just taking way to long.

Part of the Leafs masterplan I assume.

Old
07-31-2008, 10:55 AM
tollb2

Quote:

Was he old ? ... old people tend to do this alot where im from, they also drive bad . My theory is if you are as old as **** you think yu would want to get from point A to point B as soon as possible and not idle to get where you are goin

Closed Thread