HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: Holy ****

Old
07-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Now on the News their saying he cannibalized parts of his victim during the police stand off, what a complete freak!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 11:41 PM
Garo

The guy deserves death penalty, no question. I won't go any deeper because it's not really the place for this.

But still... Forty person let that happened? I would probably have been scared as hell, though not as much as if it was a gun, but out of forty you'd think some of them would have done something.

They could have been stabbed, they could have save him long enough for the ambulance to come... Anyway, what happened happened and it's just sick.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 11:49 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
The guy deserves death penalty, no question. I won't go any deeper because it's not really the place for this.

But still... Forty person let that happened? I would probably have been scared as hell, though not as much as if it was a gun, but out of forty you'd think some of them would have done something.

They could have been stabbed, they could have save him long enough for the ambulance to come... Anyway, what happened happened and it's just sick.
Find something that can be thrown. I don't know why no one on the bus thought about that... Anything.. A laptop makes a good rock when no rock is around. I'm sure somebody would offer that person a new laptop for saving a life.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

People have carry on luggage too, so why didn't someone get that and hold it infront of them as a shield as they weren't towards this guy?

True, heat of the moment and all, but still.

A person is smart, people are stupid.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Philanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I see you have never faced a person with a knife who is intent in using it...
No but I know that I'd try to help the guy instead of running off the bus like a chicken ****. It's terrible that the 40 other people did nothing in order to distract that psychopath. They didn't have to go mortal combat style and fight fist to knife. All they had to do was whip unanimous objects at the guy in order to give the kid at least a slim chance at escape. As it is they just let the ****er hack away and mutilate the poor guy until the point of decapitation. I feel so sick that those poor parents will be receiving their sons head in a bag.

Philanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:08 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
a guy who has a knife and obviously isnt scared to use it, I aint gonna try to play hero either.
Perhaps you've heard of United Flight 93?

Those guys were sure as hell a lot more dangerous than one lunatic with a knife.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Jesus Christ! You people criticizing those in this horrific situation make me sick. Just absolutely sick.

By the way, if you hero's bothered to listen to an eye witness account, the kid suffered a barrage of a good 50 slashes before anyone got their bearings, let alone stepped off the bus. From the sounds of things the kid was mutilated within 2 minutes.

But go ahead, paint all these people trying to protect the women and children as idiots/cowards/whathaveyou from the convenience and safety of your computer chair. They also barricaded the door with this nutjob taking swipes at them, but somehow you'll ***** about that too.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-01-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAbbott View Post
No but I know that I'd try to help the guy instead of running off the bus like a chicken ****. It's terrible that the 40 other people did nothing in order to distract that psychopath. They didn't have to go mortal combat style and fight fist to knife. All they had to do was whip unanimous objects at the guy in order to give the kid at least a slim chance at escape. As it is they just let the ****er hack away and mutilate the poor guy until the point of decapitation. I feel so sick that those poor parents will be receiving their sons head in a bag.

Something you should know about Hero Lyrics

Title: Mariah Carey - Hero lyrics

Artist: Mariah Carey Lyrics

Visitors: 56990 visitors have hited Hero Lyrics since May 27, 2008.

Print: Mariah Carey - Hero Lyrics print version

Complimentary "Hero" Ringtone

There's a hero If you look inside your heart You don't have to be afraid Of what you are There's an answer If you reach into your soul And the sorrow that you know Will melt away

And then a hero comes along With the strength to carry on And you cast your fears aside And you know you can survive So when you feel like hope is gone Look inside you and be strong And you'll finally see the truth That a hero lies in you

It's a long road When you face the world alone No one reaches out a hand For you to hold You can find love If you search within yourself And the emptiness you felt Will disappear

And then a hero comes along With the strength to carry on And you cast your fears aside And you know you can survive So when you feel like hope is gone Look inside you and be strong And you'll finally see the truth That a hero lies in you

Lord knows Dreams are hard to follow But don't let anyone Tear them away Hold on There will be tomorrow In time You'll find the way

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:13 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Find something that can be thrown. I don't know why no one on the bus thought about that... Anything.. A laptop makes a good rock when no rock is around. I'm sure somebody would offer that person a new laptop for saving a life.
The victim was probably already dead by the time the first witness saw him. The best thing to do was probably get out of the bus, NOT trying to bring the attention on all the other passenger.

I wouldnt personally throw something at the psychopath that is holding something like this: http://www.kaswords.com/ProductImage...C8837BK-02.jpg

and having his attention in a restreint place like a bus while there's probably old people and children in the bus. You cannot take a chance to provoke the killer and bringing his attention to all the rest of the passengers. I think the best thing to do in that situation was to evacuate the bus.

EDIT: I cant believe there so many peole calling the passengers chicken or whatever. Imagine the ****ing situation: "You are in the bus with your 5yr old kid, would like to see a guy wanting to be a hero and challenge the killer and bring his attention to the passengers that may included children and elder person?" And comparing this to the United 93 is freaking stupid, people that attack the terrorist did that to save their own life, if that happen in a bus, be sure that would have quite that damn bus asap, but it was on a plane, they had nowhere else to go so they went in the offensive.

Last edited by Stradale: 08-01-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
The victim was probably already dead by the time the first witness saw him. The best thing to do was probably get out of the bus, NOT trying to bring the attention on all the other passenger.

I wouldnt personally throw something at the psychopath that is holding something like this: http://www.kaswords.com/ProductImage...C8837BK-02.jpg

and having his attention in a restreint place like a bus while there's probably old people and children in the bus. You cannot take a chance to provoke the killer and bringing his attention to all the rest of the passengers. I think the best thing to do in that situation was to evacuate the bus.
apparently not to others...they rather have multiple deaths instead of the one that happened. Nothing could have been done to save the kids life. He was gone as soon as the stabbings started. 50 TIMES in a short period of time, the kid had no chance.
Its sad to think people here are blaming the others on the bus. It really is.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderlizer View Post

Those guys were sure as hell a lot more dangerous than one lunatic with a knife.
They were on a plane, they knew what happend, they were scared for their lives... it's either you do something and die or you don't and still die.

In this situation it's either you run and you're safe or you do something and get stabbed.

Old
08-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Philanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Something you should know about Hero Lyrics

Title: Mariah Carey - Hero lyrics

Artist: Mariah Carey Lyrics

Visitors: 56990 visitors have hited Hero Lyrics since May 27, 2008.

Print: Mariah Carey - Hero Lyrics print version

Complimentary "Hero" Ringtone

There's a hero If you look inside your heart You don't have to be afraid Of what you are There's an answer If you reach into your soul And the sorrow that you know Will melt away

It's a long road When you face the world alone No one reaches out a hand For you to hold You can find love If you search within yourself And the emptiness you felt Will disappear

Lord knows Dreams are hard to follow But don't let anyone Tear them away Hold on There will be tomorrow In time You'll find the way

I'm no hero, just a guy with a social conscience.

Philanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAbbott View Post
I'm no hero, just a guy with a social conscience.
In your dreams. The only thing you would have done is crapping your pants...

I'm sorry to be so harsh. We all, as young boys, dream about resuing people (fireman, army, police)... but we're talking about a random guy stabing a random guy in a random bus... you don't put your own life in danger for this.

Old
08-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
They were on a plane, they knew what happend, they were scared for their lives... it's either you do something and die or you don't and still die.

In this situation it's either you run and you're safe or you do something and get stabbed
VERY WELL SAID!!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
apparently not to others...they rather have multiple deaths instead of the one that happened. Nothing could have been done to save the kids life. He was gone as soon as the stabbings started. 50 TIMES in a short period of time, the kid had no chance.
The first witness claimed he heard a scream, and multiple others after. Which is why I'm a bit uneasy about it. If he was killed on the spot and the maniac had already started to behead him, sure, get the **** out. But it wasn't that.

I don't know... They did a good thing by making sure everyone went out safe. Then again, he could have taken a swing at anyone around him and he didn't. Too many things to considered for us to judge.

If something good could come out of it, it's that the security should be more careful with the bags... It's weird to have so many securities procedure in an airport and nothing in a bus, where you're probably even more vulnerable.

Old
08-01-2008, 01:30 AM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
its not everybody that read the LW-Beaker thread
Meep meep.

SedinFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderlizer View Post

Want me to break down the differences?

1)bus=much more confined space. I'm talking single file and leaping over seats. Anyone with common sense can figure out the guy with his back to the wall and a big knife has a HUGE advantage over people running up single-file and climbing over those bulky seats.

2)if United 93 could evacuate the ****ing plane, they would.

3)timeframe. United 93 had time to devise a plan.

4)no choice. United 93 knew they were all going to die anyway.

5)highjackers with utility knives wanting to keep everyone at bay vs a raving lunatic slashing at will...lunatic is more dangerous, I'd say, especially considering his territorial advantage.

6)a passenger had been killed in front of everyone long before they were able to collect his/her bearings and plan an attack.

7)the poor kid at the back of the bus was probably dead within a minute or two of his initial scream

Epic, epic, EPIC fail.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:40 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
The first witness claimed he heard a scream, and multiple others after. Which is why I'm a bit uneasy about it. If he was killed on the spot and the maniac had already started to behead him, sure, get the **** out. But it wasn't that.

I don't know... They did a good thing by making sure everyone went out safe. Then again, he could have taken a swing at anyone around him and he didn't. Too many things to considered for us to judge.

If something good could come out of it, it's that the security should be more careful with the bags... It's weird to have so many securities procedure in an airport and nothing in a bus, where you're probably even more vulnerable.

So theres two options:

A) After hearing the scream of the victim, you turn around and see the victim being stab about 10-20 times, you jump on the mother****er and start a big brawl with a guy and his 10 incher knife without giving any attention to the rest of the passengers, if theres children or pregnant woman or whatever. If you dont win the fight, you will probably die aswell as some other passengers that will get stabbed or stepped on in a chaotic evacuation.

B) You run in front and ask the bus driver to stop the bus and tell him the situation, then ask everybody to evacuate the bus safely and calmly. And when everybody is outside safe, come back to see if you can do anything for the victim.

Im happy the first witness chose option B.

Old
08-01-2008, 01:45 AM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Im happy the first witness chose option B.
If it was that black and white, A would be totally stupid. Was it? I don't know, so I can't judge anyone there.

I hadn't heard that he was at the end of the bus though... That just makes it more disturbing. The guy brings his knife, sit besides someone he probably never saw, and brutally kills him. What the hell.

Old
08-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Forever27

The other thing people should remember is that even though people brought down Flight 93, and we all like to remember their heroics, there were three other planes that were not brought down.

Forever27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:58 AM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Holy balls. From now on I'm sitting close to an exit, back to something solid, eyes wide open, no ipod, and with something seemingly innocent I could use to defend myself in hand. Picture it. That'll be me. If you see me on a bus somewhere, do say hello. From a few feet away, because I don't know you and maybe you look like you could be a knife-wielding crack head.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 02:00 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater Ghost View Post
Now on the News their saying he cannibalized parts of his victim during the police stand off, what a complete freak!
Holy ****!

Quote:
"He cut (the victim's) head off and then walked up to the door holding it and just looked at them crazy-like and then dropped the head and walked back to the body and started cutting it some more," Olmstead told CTV News from outside a hotel in Brandon, Man., where he and other passengers were taken.

The man was left alone with the body and witnesses say that he performed further indignities to the victim.

"We have word from people on the scene . . . that when the killer was alone with the body . . . that there may have been some small acts of cannibalism on the body" Oliver said.

Oliver said that police
http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=EdmontonHome

Old
08-01-2008, 02:10 AM
vcx*

Ok its fine and dandy that we are all sickened by this and feel for the victim's family but what about the real topic at hand.

That if the victim was of middle eastern descent (as i am) how safe are we from traveling when we have nothing to do with the crap going on over seas (thank you Bush)? What drives a man to figure i'll target him because of his skin colour, he did it because of something, the attacks 9/11 and the war in iraq and whatever other crap?

What does the family do now? Sit back and witness the joke that is the Canadian Legal System? Which is truly a massive joke, truly truly massive joke. Watch what happens to this man, he'll serve a life sentence or they will say he was out of his mind on drugs and so he'll get this sentence and in 20yrs he'll be paroled or something. Still sitting in a prison cell getting meals, a place to sleep and eventually library, internet and tv privileges? Wow, harsh punishment people.

The last time i was on a greyhound, the driver had a pretty big bat by his chair because of the stuff he heard about people attacking bus drivers in cities, so he wanted to be safe and keep his passengers safe. I guess not all do that.

The way this kid was killed and what the family is going to have to deal with as well as the councilling the people on the bus will have to go through will be immense. People often say oh how can a kid shoot a bunch of other kids at school, they get an answer like he was bullied and had enough or something like that.

What do you say in this situation?

The bald white buy didn't like the middle eastern kid because of his skin and what people that are not related to him did in another country or whatever, and was killed for that?

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Stay Sharp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

Any word on the colour of the killer yet?
on the video from the link it mentions the killer was either asian or native

Stay Sharp* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 02:15 AM
vcx*

As for the people saying it was racial...it clearly was not.

Quote:
WINNIPEG - A quiet, easy-going carnival worker who was heading home to Winnipeg has been identified as the victim of an unthinkably horrific and random slaying on a Greyhound bus.

Friends said Tim McLean, 22, was the young man who was stabbed repeatedly and then decapitated by a man sitting next to him, who then carved up his body in front of terrified passengers.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...316716-cp.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Sharp View Post
on the video from the link it mentions the killer was either asian or native
Someone was telling me the killer was Native.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/...ng-victim.html

This is just sickening...what kind of person does that, started to gut the man? then cut away at him apparently eating him?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-01-2008 at 08:40 AM.
vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote