HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Holy ****

Old
08-01-2008, 09:37 AM
GARB08

vCash: 500
didn't the terrorists on those flights only have box cutters? And by only I mean in comparison with the Rambo knife the bus guy had.

GARB08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Hockeynomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Probably a crack head...not an excuse at all though...

There must of been some deep dark sick urges to trigger that...

Your avatar, I remember watching TV when that goal was scored. I believe by Terry Harper on a backpass by Jean Beliveau. The game winner. Photo in the Montreal Star next day

Hockeynomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Karl Pilkington

Wow... after reading the first page I'm convinced HFboards is full of heroes.

Seriously, get a grip you guys. This happened out of the blue and probably took 3 seconds before the kid was sadly dead.

You guys are so tough.

Give me a break.

Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
If someone has that much mental problem, stab yourself instead of imaginary ennemies...

this guys is *****g crazy.. hopefully he will get what he deserves, what even God may think..

Crazy, Absolutely sick... I feel rage inside of me and sadness... I dont know what i would have done.. for sure.. i would NOT dare attack him with the huge Rambo knife he had.... i would most likely get out of there.... and hide.. of course if i could have find a couple of heroes... with a 100% chance of stoping him.. i would have probably tried.. but no way i take a chance to end my days this way.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-01-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Delat

You never know how you'll react when you're faced to these kind of things, this guy should never leave jail and even not his cell.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Crusher20

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Obviously it's naive to think this. But I'm really surprised something like this happened in Canada.
Crazy people are everywhere.... I wonder what was going through the head of the chinese freak....... crazy days my friends, crazy days...

Last edited by Crusher20: 08-01-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old
08-01-2008, 11:48 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
It costs the gov't more to execute a guy then it does to imprison them for life in the states....
That's in the US. In Canada a LOT more money is percent per prisoner, per day than south of the border.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 12:00 PM
BigTimer*

Picture of the suspect:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...-4799431c.html

6'0 200 pounds my ass... What a coward.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 12:05 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Picture of the suspect:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...-4799431c.html

6'0 200 pounds my ass... What a coward.
I don't know how the police could restrain themselves in that situation. I'd just want to pound his stupid ****ing face in.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
That's in the US. In Canada a LOT more money is percent per prisoner, per day than south of the border.
They actually once wanted to make it possible for a criminal to live out his sentence in Toronto and have him forcibly root for the Leafs but this was deemed cruel and unusual punishment so they decided to leave them in jail.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 12:29 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
They actually once wanted to make it possible for a criminal to live out his sentence in Toronto and have him forcibly root for the Leafs but this was deemed cruel and unusual punishment so they decided to leave them in jail.
Send them to Guantamano Bay.

"What's a ****-meat sandwhich?"
"You're about the find out."
"Wait, so all the guards in Guantanamo Bay are gay?"
"Hell no, there ain't nothin' gay about gettin' your dick sucked. Youse guys are the gay ones for suckin' my dick."

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I don't know how the police could restrain themselves in that situation. I'd just want to pound his stupid ****ing face in.
from CBC

"He shuffled into the courthouse under the weight of heavy leg shackles, with his eyes focused on the floor. His right hand was heavily bandaged and there was visible bruising on his face, CBC's Cameron MacIntosh reported."

Either the cops kicked his ass, or his cellmates did.

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 12:42 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
from CBC

"He shuffled into the courthouse under the weight of heavy leg shackles, with his eyes focused on the floor. His right hand was heavily bandaged and there was visible bruising on his face, CBC's Cameron MacIntosh reported."

Either the cops kicked his ass, or his cellmates did.
Nice... soap bars/phonebooks in a pillowcase.

Old
08-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Chomsky

And I'm taking greyhound bus to come back next week.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
And I'm taking greyhound bus to come back next week.
You're much more likely to die in and around your house, or in your car. **** happens man.

All this talk about the 'illusion' of safety with metal detectors and giving bus drivers guns...you can just end up getting stabbed in the alley after stepping off the bus.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Nice... soap bars/phonebooks in a pillowcase.
It's soap in a sock. Phone books can do it on their own and tangerines in a pillowcase.

Nonetheless, glad someone kicked his ass.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
The victim was probably already dead by the time the first witness saw him. The best thing to do was probably get out of the bus, NOT trying to bring the attention on all the other passenger.

I wouldnt personally throw something at the psychopath that is holding something like this: http://www.kaswords.com/ProductImage...C8837BK-02.jpg

and having his attention in a restreint place like a bus while there's probably old people and children in the bus. You cannot take a chance to provoke the killer and bringing his attention to all the rest of the passengers. I think the best thing to do in that situation was to evacuate the bus.

EDIT: I cant believe there so many peole calling the passengers chicken or whatever. Imagine the ****ing situation: "You are in the bus with your 5yr old kid, would like to see a guy wanting to be a hero and challenge the killer and bring his attention to the passengers that may included children and elder person?" And comparing this to the United 93 is freaking stupid, people that attack the terrorist did that to save their own life, if that happen in a bus, be sure that would have quite that damn bus asap, but it was on a plane, they had nowhere else to go so they went in the offensive.
Hey, I didn't say they were chicken sh!ts... I was just wondering why nobody attempted to knock him down with a thrown object. It would be my first reaction. And people should quit thinking nobody is able to be a hero. Everybody is different. Some react like a dear caught in the headlights. Others react cowardly. Others think of the consequences to the other people and try to help them. And others will try to go directly to the source and stop it. It just depends on what kind of individual you are. My first instinct, because I know myself very well, would've been to try to find something to throw at him and knock him down. And I'm not saying that these people should"ve done this. I wasn't there. Maybe someone reacted the same as I would, but didn't find anything worthy of knocking him down, or by the time he did find something, pragmatism kicked in as he saw it was already to late for the kid to survive.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Crusher20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Hey, I didn't say they were chicken sh!ts... I was just wondering why nobody attempted to knock him down with a thrown object. It would be my first reaction. And people should quit thinking nobody is able to be a hero. Everybody is different. Some react like a dear caught in the headlights. Others react cowardly. Others think of the consequences to the other people and try to help them. And others will try to go directly to the source and stop it. It just depends on what kind of individual you are. My first instinct, because I know myself very well, would've been to try to find something to throw at him and knock him down. And I'm not saying that these people should"ve done this. I wasn't there. Maybe someone reacted the same as I would, but didn't find anything worthy of knocking him down, or by the time he did find something, pragmatism kicked in as he saw it was already to late for the kid to survive.
Spider-man doesnt exist. you do not habe spider web coming out of your wrist...

seriously, its too risky to provoke the guy, clearly crazy and without any concerns on what he is doing, doing so could have make him commit a couple of additional murders..

no thanks.. just choose safest option..

Old
08-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Delat

Quote:
I don't think someone knows how he would react, you just react that's all, you don't have time to think. You can elaborate the best plan in every kind of case, when the moment comes it all comes to a small second where you try to save your life.

Old
08-01-2008, 02:01 PM
terreur

damn.... I just read the news... that is messed up!

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
Spider-man doesnt exist. you do not habe spider web coming out of your wrist...

seriously, its too risky to provoke the guy, clearly crazy and without any concerns on what he is doing, doing so could have make him commit a couple of additional murders..

no thanks.. just choose safest option..
Oh really???? I didn't know that!!

If you don't have anything intelligent to say, shut it and grow up. There a lot of people who can react in a heroic way, it just takes one dumb individual to think everybody are all cowards as he is. You do understand that people are all different and react in different ways, right and that it has nothing to do with comic superheroes, rather that comics are inspired by real life heroes?

Also, the thing about causing more murders is you are assuming one would try this without it being his best shot. You really think I would throw a shoe or anything that might not have a good impact? It all comes down to pragmatism. If you get the feeling you won't make it properly, don't do it. But it's highly childish to believe no one can have the courage to stand up. It's pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
I don't think someone knows how he would react, you just react that's all, you don't have time to think. You can elaborate the best plan in every kind of case, when the moment comes it all comes to a small second where you try to save your life.

It depends if you were ever stuck in a stressful and dire situation where you had to react in a moments notice. Why do all people think everybody is like them? We are all different. From past experiences, I know full well that I wouldn't lose my cool. Your last sentence makes it seem like everybody is only concerned for their own lives. You know, there is a reason why the word "selflessness" exists. Some people won't be concerned for their own life but for those of others, like the guy who was warning everybody to get out of the bus.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 02:30 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:

If you don't have anything intelligent to say, shut it and grow up. There a lot of people who can react in a heroic way, it just takes one dumb individual to think everybody are all cowards as he is. You do understand that people are all different and react in different ways, right and that it has nothing to do with comic superheroes, rather that comics are inspired by real life heroes?

Also, the thing about causing more murders is you are assuming one would try this without it being his best shot. You really think I would throw a shoe or anything that might not have a good impact? It all comes down to pragmatism. If you get the feeling you won't make it properly, don't do it. But it's highly childish to believe no one can have the courage to stand up. It's pathetic.

It depends if you were ever stuck in a stressful and dire situation where you had to react in a moments notice. Why do all people think everybody is like them? We are all different. From past experiences, I know full well that I wouldn't lose my cool. Your last sentence makes it seem like everybody is only concerned for their own lives. You know, there is a reason why the word "selflessness" exists. Some people won't be concerned for their own life but for those of others, like the guy who was warning everybody to get out of the bus.
Maybe you should heed your own advice.

We all know you would of reacted exactly like all the others and done the smart thing by getting off the bus.. so just stop talking. Furthermore, I guarantee you that he wouldn't even flinch at whatever you threw at him... be it a baseball or the bus' VHS player.

Old
08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Delat

I'm not saying everydoy's the same, I'm just saying that the first thing people think is saving their life. I have already been in a situation where I could have been really hurt ( a dog attacked me) I'm not making any comparison, but the thing is, the first thing that went through my mind was... can I go somewhere safe, when I saw that I couldn't I fought the dog. What I'm saying is, even if you're not loosing your cool, and I normally don't lose it, the first tought that may come through your mind is how can I be safe, not how can I save someone else. It's unesssecary to save someone if after you're the one that's attacked. If you think you would have jumped on the guy and thrown everything at him, fine, you're brave, but I think, and it's an opinion, that before acting like this, most people would at first try to make sure they are safe and that their firends and family are. The only case where the first reaction, I think, would be attack, is if you are actually in danger.

EDIT: The guy who was warning everybody did a good job but didn't put his life in danger by throwing things, he first tought about saving lifes, without puting himself into a dangerous situation.

Old
08-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:

Too bad you weren't on the bus.

Exactly what situations have you been in compared to this one that make you so sure of your reaction? The whole thing plays out like a horror movie - something fictional and made up that is hardly fathomable in the real world.

There's being a hero and being courageous (which is obviously plausible) and then there's talking out of your ass about having the surefire qualities of a hero who could handle even the most horrific and incomprehensible situations on HFboards.

EDIT:

I've been in situations where I've had to put myself on the line for others. Nothing compared to this. I'm confident in my ability in crisis, but I would NEVER claim to be able to stand up in such a ****ed up situation like you are. No one knows how they'd react.

Meanwhile you sit at your computer downplaying the efforts made by those people who were there, making sure everyone was safe and making sure the psycho was kept trapped in the bus until the cops showed up.

Last edited by Karl Pilkington: 08-01-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 03:11 PM
tollb2

well what i read is the victim had already been stabed and dead before anyone realy knew what was goin on ... no point in pulling hero to try to save a dead person. the guy in front of him did the right thing in getting eveyone off the bus and holding the door closed while the man had the knife through the door .. that is pretty heroic to me

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote