HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

I've Been Wanting to Say This...

Old
08-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysARanger View Post
We can trade for, like, Zherdev..

Why was this thread even started.

Cant we just wave Gomer, Trade Henke for Belfour (hes in Sweden, would be great for both players) and sign Sundin.
Yeah, and hope they work out.

Great comments. Quality work.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 09:15 AM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Yeah, and hope they work out.

Great comments. Quality work.
I thing we agree, sir, just picked up one of your comments to show how way off i think the idea of trading Gomer is.

I dont know much about the thread starter and it doesnt go further than that i disagree with him in the matter.

AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysARanger View Post
I thing we agree, sir, just picked up one of your comments to show how way off i think the idea of trading Gomer is.

I dont know much about the thread starter and it doesnt go further than that i disagree with him in the matter.
Sorry that last quip wasn't directed at you, it was meant for everyone. Came off a little rude there.

Old
08-01-2008, 10:14 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Terrible.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by albynomonk View Post
Why exactly does Sundin have to sign with VAN and then be traded to NY? He's a UFA, not an RFA whose rights were traded to VAN...
The OP said it was a Sundin for Gomez trade.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Rags225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
The OP said it was a Sundin for Gomez trade.
no he didn't, but he didn't word it great either.... here is from the Original thread in the Trade Rumors page on HFboards. It is us trading Gomez and Signing Sundin.

"Blake Price on Team1040 last night speculated that if the Rangers were to sign Sundin they would have to move out one of 7 big contracts and the only two that are plausible are Drury and Gomez. Price believes that the Rangers would be more inclined to keep Drury because of his intangibles thus Gomez would be the odd man out. Price then went on saying that Gomez has a strong attraction with Vancouver, having lots of friends and family here; is the closest city to Anchorage; played his BCHL hockey in Surrey; and had just lived in Vancouver last offseason. Blake believes from past interviews that if Gomez was to be traded, Vancouver would be the likely destination."

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=540462

Rags225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 12:54 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
no he didn't, but he didn't word it great either.... here is from the Original thread in the Trade Rumors page on HFboards. It is us trading Gomez and Signing Sundin.

"Blake Price on Team1040 last night speculated that if the Rangers were to sign Sundin they would have to move out one of 7 big contracts and the only two that are plausible are Drury and Gomez. Price believes that the Rangers would be more inclined to keep Drury because of his intangibles thus Gomez would be the odd man out. Price then went on saying that Gomez has a strong attraction with Vancouver, having lots of friends and family here; is the closest city to Anchorage; played his BCHL hockey in Surrey; and had just lived in Vancouver last offseason. Blake believes from past interviews that if Gomez was to be traded, Vancouver would be the likely destination."

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=540462
What does that quote even mean?

"Oh man Drury can win faceoffs. F Gomez! Send his ass to Vancouver for stuff that won't help us win now!! Viva la Sather!! "

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Rags225

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post

"Oh man Drury can win faceoffs. F Gomez! Send his ass to Vancouver for stuff that won't help us win now!! Viva la Sather!! "
don't look at me i just took it off the the original thread. That's why I quoted it.

Old
08-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post

Trading Gomez is a terrible idea.

Trading Drury is a slightly less terrible idea. The obvious issue being his NMC, but throw that to the wind and you still have the fact that his contract and our cap situation will prevent us from getting a 'true value' return from it.

Next in line would be Rozsival, but trading him leaves a large hole on the blue line. Not to mention you're pulling an Ottawa (Hossa signed and traded to Atlanta in 05) and moving a player from last years team that you just resigned. While not as bad as signing a FA from another team and then trading them, it's still may not be a great message to send. Especially on a team that likes to go after the top-echelon UFA's.

All-in-all, I don't see Sundin as a Ranger.

Old
08-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Even if we move Smurf 1 or 2, we STILL won't have enough cap room to sign Sundin. If he's going to take much less than what Vancouver is offering, why would he come to NY?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Rags225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Even if we move Smurf 1 or 2, we STILL won't have enough cap room to sign Sundin. If he's going to take much less than what Vancouver is offering, why would he come to NY?
maybe it isn't about the money for him, but where he wants to play. Maybe he would take a $6-7 mil contract to stay in the eastern time zone and play in NY. It's a stretch but maybe it isn't all about the money.

and why would he come to new york... well its obvious. We are the Rangers and he can play w/ jagrrrrrrhmmmmm.... hank? nazz? Sjostrom? he likes sather? on second thought I don't know why he would want to leave on dysfunctional franchise for another dysfunctional franchise. but at least it looks like we are getting to be more functional.

Old
08-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Shark Staal
Woah

to the OP

Drury NMC = Not going to be traded
Gomez is the #1 Centre and the player we are building around = Not going to be traded

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 09:17 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Sundin for 2 years then a LEGIT SUPERSTAR for 4 years (and beyond)

or

Gomez for 6 years

You people really need to check your heads who want to live and die with Gomez
Check our heads???

C'mon man seriously I can't believe you'd follow up your ridiculous first post with a second one telling us to check our heads.

I'm sorry but this is just plain AWFUL thinking...

How could you say Gomez is not an asset? Maybe we can change your thinking a little:

1. He's 29 and still in his prime

2. He is indeed a core player because of that age and he is indeed your number one center with good reason

3. He makes things happen because he has great vision on the ice and great playmaking ability

4. His 2 way game is outstanding being that he was developed in the Devils system

5. He can play the PP and PK

6. This is probably one of his best assets that he brings to the table; and that is his SPEED. The game has become so much faster suiting this quality he posseses. Gomez can carry the puck coast to coast, he can fly out there and just blow by people. Great puck carrier, not many players in the NHL have that ability to carry the puck into the zone he does whether its skating it in or dumping, chasing, and most likely ending up with the puck in the corner.

7. He's been on winning teams with the devils, he won cups, he knows what it takes to get done.

8. He brings so much energy to the team with his game, that SPEED, he has so much left in him.

Seriously. WHYYYY is this a thread. If you wanna talk about bringing in sundin then thats fine because he still is a great player. But the fact that the discussion starts with trading gomez, only to be replaced by a 37 year old center who isnt sure if he wants to play anymore, is just absurd.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 01:59 AM
LeftCoastRangersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
And ran every team after that into the ground in favor of veterans who would not work out in the long run.
No offence, but you truly have no clue. Many (if not all) of those decisions were forced upon Smith from upper management.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 11:48 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
i say can we please shut up about sundin. and to trade our #1 center who has a 7 yr deal for some old veteran soo we can sign him for 2?? please, vancouver or someone sign sundin PLEASE these rumors r soo stupid and outrageous

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Rangers2319

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
What LEGIT SUPERSTAR? Who's available? How are you 100% sure they will land him?

How much are you paying him and how many years?

If hes "legit", its probably a more lucrative and lengthy deal than Gomez and Drury's.

So why don't you check YOUR head?

Advice: lock this thread.

Im out!
Forsberg?

Agreed!

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 03:07 AM
Blueshirt24

If Sundin signed in NY for 1-year and Gomez was dumped to make room for him, you guys wouldn't rather go after Hossa or Gaborik with what was Gomez's money the following off-season?

Blueshirt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 03:04 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
Neil Smith would agree.
Exactly what I thought! Thank goodness those days are over and I never want them back.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote