HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Accusations against Jonathan Roy

Old
08-01-2008, 04:15 PM
RC51

vCash: 500
Look nobody is going to jail here.
What the minister is doing here is firing a shot across the bow.
If you don't address these issues I will.
Let all coaches and players in the Q know where the "line" is.
make meetings with ALL PLAYERS, make sure they know just where the LINE is and what awaits them if they cross it.
Violence has to be taken down 1 or 2 notches and for the coaches it's about suggesting to his play or players it might be a good idea to use violence to change to momentum of the game.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Look nobody is going to jail here.
What the minister is doing here is firing a shot across the bow.
If you don't address these issues I will.
Let all coaches and players in the Q know where the "line" is.
make meetings with ALL PLAYERS, make sure they know just where the LINE is and what awaits them if they cross it.
Violence has to be taken down 1 or 2 notches and for the coaches it's about suggesting to his play or players it might be a good idea to use violence to change to momentum of the game.
Have you seen any Q games?..Violence is NOT an issue.
This is a secluded event. Players don't go around giving out cheapshots, swinging their sticks like madmen.

This is exactly what people were afraid off. With these accusations, and the government getting involved, a lot of people are going to think the Q is an amateur league where fighting is encouraged. Which is far from the truth.

Most of the rivalry between Chicoutimi and Qc come from the Media as well. They're the ones fueling up the feud. So are the fans, throwing their soft drinks on players(some as young as 16).
After that, we're going to sit here and start talking about what has to be done AGAINST the Players and Coaches???...Please man, that's BS.

To have a debate over allowing fighting in Hockey is one thing. I find fighting unnecessary but its been there since the start of the sport, so im not for it nor against it.
But to prosecute a player for what happened with Roy is completely ridiculous. Especially knowing he wouldn't have been charged with anything if Nadeau just bear hugged him.

When you start judging hockey the same way it is in society, then why not do it with every fights?..As far as im concerned, if you fight in the streets you get arrested.

Like what was said before, Roy was into the PO rivalry that's heated up by many many factors. Everybody was fighting on the ice, he joined in. Nadeau had plenty of time to protect himself and get ready. This is an extremely rare case. In no way does this mean he's a menace to society.
This is once again getting blown out of proportion due to the name of the player.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 08:25 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
I understand what you are saying and for the most part agree. Similar to the Bertuzzi/Moore incident though, there are times when people have to be held accountable for their actions. I think this has more to do with a determined fully thought out action rather then a spur of the moment punch or check into the boards. Roy saw the guy didn't want anything to do with him but he skated over and proceeded to beat the crap out of a guy who wasn't fighting back.

Roy needs a dose of realty in whatever world he's living in.

Then take the hockey away from him...

If this behaviour continues outside of hockey, then charge him with assault.

Im going to sound real bad saying this but I dont think the Bertuzzi incident nor the McSorley incident merit legal intervention. Sports at this level are full of adrenaline and emotion. Some of these guys get blinded by rage in the game they play, but off the ice are regular well manered citizens. Its simple...remove them from the environment that causes the ill-behavior and the problem is solved.

And Im not here to debate the Bertuzzi-Moore incident so please dont confront me on that.

Old
08-01-2008, 09:59 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If it cuts down on fights where CLEARLY a guy doesn't want to engage while the other keeps punching.....I really don't see what the problem is....

You want to fight, take somebody who wants to fight as well....don't be a ***** and attack people weaker than you....
I would have to agree with whitey here. Hitting a man when he is down and cries uncle is an act of a scroundrel. Either have a laraques pound his brains out, give him a huge suspension of provide the refs with tasers.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote