HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

sam gagner predictions

Old
07-22-2008, 04:56 PM
bleed_oil

vCash: 500
I hope he does great but I will be more than happy with 15g - 35a - 50 pts

Some of you guys need to seriously relax your expectations. Anyone saying >70pts is setting themselves up for some serious dissapointment not to mention creating extremely unreasonable expectation for Gagne.

bleed_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
hey genious, ever think of special teams?

Gagner will be a beast on the PP...where he doesn't receive a + for a GF
I already mentioned that and there's no "o" in genius

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleed_oil View Post

Some of you guys need to seriously relax your expectations. Anyone saying >70pts is setting themselves up for some serious dissapointment not to mention creating extremely unreasonable expectation for Gagne.
I love it, I'm like a Hemsky fan!

Can I change my prediction to 90 points and a top 5 player in the nhl?

Old
07-22-2008, 07:12 PM
jfhlbuffy

Quote:

So you'll be more than happy if Gagner improves absolutely nothing? Not only that, your hopes are that not only will he regress from the last 30 games, but he'll regress to about HALF the production?!

jfhlbuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 07:27 PM
HuMz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfhlbuffy View Post
So you'll be more than happy if Gagner improves absolutely nothing? Not only that, your hopes are that not only will he regress from the last 30 games, but he'll regress to about HALF the production?!

He has alot to improve defensively which would be great if he did that and still put up 50 points with less ice time. Lets not forget that the chances are at least one of Nilson, Gagner, or Cogliano will have a sophomore slump so theres nothing that says Gagners immune to that.

HuMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 08:32 PM
jfhlbuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
He has alot to improve defensively which would be great if he did that and still put up 50 points with less ice time. Lets not forget that the chances are at least one of Nilson, Gagner, or Cogliano will have a sophomore slump so theres nothing that says Gagners immune to that.
I don't see how 50 points is "great" under any circumstance, unless he's plus 20, which just isn't going to happen.

You go on to say he might have a sophomore slump. This is true. So it'd be great if he had a sophomore slump? How can 50 points be great AND a sophomore slump? It doesn't jive.

Make sense next time, please.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:57 PM
CantHaveTkachev
Cant Have McTkachev

vCash: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
I already mentioned that and there's no "o" in genius
ouche...

CantHaveTkachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:24 PM
HuMz

Quote:
I don't see how 50 points is "great" under any circumstance, unless he's plus 20, which just isn't going to happen.

You go on to say he might have a sophomore slump. This is true. So it'd be great if he had a sophomore slump? How can 50 points be great AND a sophomore slump? It doesn't jive.

Make sense next time, please.
Learn how to read "He has alot to improve defensively which would be great if he did that and still put up 50 points with less ice time".

Then the second statement I made was just cautioning that chances are one of the kids will have a sophomore slump.

When did I say it would be great if he had a sophomore slump?

Old
07-22-2008, 10:32 PM
T-Funk

Quote:

i think gagner would be more upset about you spelling his name wrong than predicting great things for him

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 05:10 AM
enthropi

28G 43A 71pts for Gagne

and 14G 47A 61pts for Gagner

TBH, the only thing that worries me is how MacT will use him, that more than anything else will affect his stats. I hope MacT got the memo from last season.

enthropi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Starscream

I see huge things from this kid this year, and since he always seems to exceed expectations

I'm going to say he gets atleast 80 points this year.

Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 07:59 AM
sync
BECAUSE...REASONS!!!

13-39-52

sync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 09:57 AM
jfhlbuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
Learn how to read "He has alot to improve defensively which would be great if he did that and still put up 50 points with less ice time".

Then the second statement I made was just cautioning that chances are one of the kids will have a sophomore slump.

When did I say it would be great if he had a sophomore slump?
I do know how to read. If your sophomore slump statement had nothing to do with your "it'd be great if he hit 50 points" statement, you should have hit the enter button a couple times first. When you put two statements back-to-back, people will think they're together for a reason. Furthermore, you never said how many points a sophomore slump for Gagner would likely result in, so it's yet another natural assumption that you meant 50. I did the reading just fine, it was your writing that caused the problem.

Also, I'm not sure that learning to read better is going to make me understand you repeating your "50 points is great if he plays better defensively" argument that I already responded to by saying "50 points isn't great under any circumstance". Remember that? Maybe you should learn to read.

Old
07-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Ssseth

17-42-59

Ssseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

50 points is elite 2nd line production.

Jeff Carter 53 pts
Marleau 48 points
Brind'Amour 51 points
Kessel 37 points -6
Vancouver's 2nd liners all had 38 points
Shanny, Straka in nyr - 46 and 41 points....

Gagner, as an 18 year old second liner, could never have been expected to hit 49 points. Realistically 48 points and +1 would be a great year for any second liner in the nhl, Gagner included.

That being said, if he doesn't get to 60 I'm going to egg his house and t-p his Yaris. Who's with me

Old
07-23-2008, 04:53 PM
HuMz

Quote:
I do know how to read. If your sophomore slump statement had nothing to do with your "it'd be great if he hit 50 points" statement, you should have hit the enter button a couple times first. When you put two statements back-to-back, people will think they're together for a reason. Furthermore, you never said how many points a sophomore slump for Gagner would likely result in, so it's yet another natural assumption that you meant 50. I did the reading just fine, it was your writing that caused the problem.

Also, I'm not sure that learning to read better is going to make me understand you repeating your "50 points is great if he plays better defensively" argument that I already responded to by saying "50 points isn't great under any circumstance". Remember that? Maybe you should learn to read.
Thats what periods are used for-its really quite simple, I said it would be great if Gagner scored 50 points again and improved defensively. You miss-interpreted what I said because you accused me of saying "It would be great if he had a sophmore slump" which I clearly didn't. So move on and stop arguing just for the sake of arguing.

Old
07-23-2008, 05:25 PM
oilerdiehard16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I see huge things from this kid this year, and since he always seems to exceed expectations

I'm going to say he gets atleast 80 points this year.
are you serious?

name me one second line player that got 80 points. and a 19 year old center to boot. the kid is great and will be able to reach that potential, but give him a couple years at least. all this 70-80 point stuff is pretty crazy and is putting way too high of expectations on him. now i could see the 80+ thing from horcoff. but if what you guys are predicting comes true and horcoff has that kind of season as well, well damn its going to be a good year to be an oilers fan.

for gagner:

17g-42a-59 points and -6

oilerdiehard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Luongo4VP

The guy did manage 35 Points in his last 41 Games. That projects to 70 Points over an 82 game sked.

16-44-60

Luongo4VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Cogliano13Gagner89

Gagner 15 goals, 45 assists, 60 points.

That is if he doesn't get injured.

Cogliano13Gagner89 is offline   Reply With Quote