Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Official Player Inquiry Thread

Old
07-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Fatman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Forgive me if any of this is redundant, but I'm sure you folks will understand my reluctance to read through 20 pages of material dating back to 2006 to find an answer to my inquiries.

First, there were a couple of players that are still Preds property (at least until June 1) but I wasn't sure if they had plans to come over any time soon or at all. Denis Kulyash is the first, who I know had a pretty strong year with CSKA. The other was Grigori Shafigullin, who I thought had a clause in his contract that would let him leave for North America if the opportunity presented itself but that may have expired when he joined Ak Bars Kazan.

Also, I wanted to get some opinions on Vyacheslav Voinov. Is he a very physical defenseman like Weber or more of a Suter-type defender (physical when he needs to be but tends to avoid it otherwise with good puck skills). The Preds need more of the former and we've got plenty of the latter but somebody brought up the idea of grabbing him in the 3rd round...

As for Voinov maybe this can help :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIqbA_3b5cA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEQlk...eature=related

Fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNHuskies View Post
Sergei Ostapchuk ?

My home town junior team drafted him last week.
I was wondering if he is a good prospect, etc ...
Info will be nice, thanks.
Sergei Ostapchuk is among the best prospects after the ones drafted this summer and Chudinov and a bunch of others. At this point you should know that he was born in Novopolotsk, Belarus, and then moved to Russia at very young age.
He is an offensive forward with smooth skating and good technique, who is yet to break the pro's game also because of Heikkila's worriness about playing young blood. He had a good junior career, but his stock got down a bit after he couldn't represent Russia after some documents troubles.
The guy has all the tools to become a high caliber player, but must play more consistently and this is not given that it will happen this season seeing his coach view on youngsters and also the fact that in HC Lokomotiv already skate many very good, yet young, players.

08-01-2008, 02:40 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Does anyone know if Ilja Nikulin has reported to camp for Ak Bars Kazan, or if they expect him to?

He is in the process of trying to show the NHL he has an out clause so the Thrashers can sign him, but right now there hasn't been any news one way or the other for around a week or so.
He declared a couple of days ago that Atlanta has conceded him some time to think...

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 01:21 PM
RNHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
Sergei Ostapchuk is among the best prospects after the ones drafted this summer and Chudinov and a bunch of others. At this point you should know that he was born in Novopolotsk, Belarus, and then moved to Russia at very young age.
He is an offensive forward with smooth skating and good technique, who is yet to break the pro's game also because of Heikkila's worriness about playing young blood. He had a good junior career, but his stock got down a bit after he couldn't represent Russia after some documents troubles.
The guy has all the tools to become a high caliber player, but must play more consistently and this is not given that it will happen this season seeing his coach view on youngsters and also the fact that in HC Lokomotiv already skate many very good, yet young, players.

Thanks alot my friend !

RNHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 04:23 PM
RNHabs

Quote:
When you say that he's the best prospects after the ones drafted this summer, do you mean the NHL draft or the CHL draft ?

Old
08-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Jacob

Can anyone give me info on Pechursky? Like where he's expected to play this season and when he figures to get time with Magnitogorsk's main club (if ever). Also if there's any upcoming tournaments he might participate in. Thanks.

Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNHuskies View Post
When you say that he's the best prospects after the ones drafted this summer, do you mean the NHL draft or the CHL draft ?
NHL of course

Old
08-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Can anyone give me info on Pechursky? Like where he's expected to play this season and when he figures to get time with Magnitogorsk's main club (if ever). Also if there's any upcoming tournaments he might participate in. Thanks.
Hardly Pechursky is going to get any significant ice time as he's the third string goaltender for Metallurg.
As far as tournaments, he should share goalkeeping duties in Russia-90 with Alistratov, but I can't remember off-hand where and when they will play. I will try to remember and report later on.

Old
08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Could anybody give me some information on where Sergei Gayduchenko stands this year? If i remember correctly, he saw some RSL time last year and played pretty well. Is he likely to see serious KHL time?

Also, anybody have any idea on Dadonov's upside? He had pretty good stats for a 18/19 yr old, and i assume will take a larger role with the WJC team this year.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Could anybody give me some information on where Sergei Gayduchenko stands this year? If i remember correctly, he saw some RSL time last year and played pretty well. Is he likely to see serious KHL time?

Also, anybody have any idea on Dadonov's upside? He had pretty good stats for a 18/19 yr old, and i assume will take a larger role with the WJC team this year.
For Gayduchenko situation is perfect, Loko GM Lukin said its between him and Gelashvilly (another young and unstable goalie without seasoning). They (Loko) also have one of the best finnish goalies coach and experienced backup from finland in "mentor" role. Is all up to Gayduchenko now.

Dadonov showed nothing as of right now in his weak RSL team - Traktor. Skilled small player he always was good in NT maybe this year he show something in KHL.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 11:55 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
For Gayduchenko situation is perfect, Loko GM Lukin said its between him and Gelashvilly (another young and unstable goalie without seasoning). They (Loko) also have one of the best finnish goalies coach and experienced backup from finland in "mentor" role. Is all up to Gayduchenko now.

Dadonov showed nothing as of right now in his weak RSL team - Traktor. Skilled small player he always was good in NT maybe this year he show something in KHL.
Thanks for the info on Gayduchenko, it is almost impossible to hear anything on him.

Didin't Dadonov had solid stats last year? Stats don't show how well he played, but surely he must have been quite good to get over 20 points?

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Thanks for the info on Gayduchenko, it is almost impossible to hear anything on him.

Didin't Dadonov had solid stats last year? Stats don't show how well he played, but surely he must have been quite good to get over 20 points?
Traktor games is rarity on russian TV so i only watched 4 or 5 games with him and didn't even notice him. One of Traktor fans said he is not
exactly tearing the world apart despite his good for a young player stats. Yeas he was by far better than guys like Tikhonov and Filatov in RSL, without any doubt but in the same time he wasn't major contributor for Traktor either.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Super Sniper Cele

Send a message via AIM to Super Sniper Cele
Can anybody give me some information on Andrei Zubarev? Will he be coming over to either play in Chicago or Atlanta this season, or will he remain in the RSL?

Super Sniper Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 06:10 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

He has just been traded to Atlant Mytischi so for this year he will remain in Russia

Old
08-28-2008, 02:56 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

RNHuskies, Sergei Ostapchuk will report to Quebec for the next season!
Satisfied?

Old
08-28-2008, 10:05 AM
RNHabs

You sure about that ?
Everybody here seems very confuse about that.
Some say he's asking some money etc ...

Hope you're right my friend !

PS: I send you back your e-mail.

Old
08-31-2008, 06:11 AM
Super Sniper Cele

Send a message via AIM to Super Sniper Cele
Quote:
He has just been traded to Atlant Mytischi so for this year he will remain in Russia
What would you say the chances are of him ever coming over to play in the NHL?

Super Sniper Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 01:32 PM
CSUFBomb

Are there any rumblings out there about where these guys may be playing this season?:
> Jakub Cutta
> Milan Hnilicka
> Andrei Kovalenko
> Ross Lupaschuk
> Travis Scott

Thanks for your help!

CSUFBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 03:17 PM
steap

Send a message via ICQ to steap
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSUFBomb View Post
Are there any rumblings out there about where these guys may be playing this season?:
> Jakub Cutta
> Milan Hnilicka
> Andrei Kovalenko
> Ross Lupaschuk
> Travis Scott

Thanks for your help!
Kovalenko is retired. Now he is head of KHLPA.

steap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSUFBomb View Post
> Jakub Cutta
> Milan Hnilicka
> Andrei Kovalenko
> Ross Lupaschuk
> Travis Scott

Thanks for your help!
Cutta has an invite to Caps camp from what i've seen.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:49 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Does Anybody know what is up with Ruslan Bashkirov this year? He has yet to play a KHL game or report to his CHL team, or his NHL camp. So what the heck is he up to that is so important that he misses those three things?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 07:12 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Does Anybody know what is up with Ruslan Bashkirov this year? He has yet to play a KHL game or report to his CHL team, or his NHL camp. So what the heck is he up to that is so important that he misses those three things?
I think the twins are in Vyshaya Liga playing for Rys' (Podol'sk)

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

Mezin

Who is this kid (goalie for Metallurg) and was he drafted by any NHL team?

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Slitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBlackRanger View Post
Who is this kid (goalie for Metallurg) and was he drafted by any NHL team?
Heh, well I suppose a 34-year-old can still be technically considered a "kid" in the grand scheme of things. Otherwise, a career highlight that you're most likely to know him for was Sweden's embarrassment at the 2002 Olympics.

Slitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 03:43 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I think the twins are in Vyshaya Liga playing for Rys' (Podol'sk)
Yes, 2 points in 6 games for Roman, 0 in 5 for Ruslan