HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey & "Hangovers"

Old
07-26-2008, 02:44 PM
hipcheck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
That pretty much sums up EVERYTHING about alcohol. I know a lot of people will use the "</thread>" comment, but this one truly deserves it.

</thread>
Hey GENO 14,--

I'm talking to you Pal', and I'm being serious, (as you can see, I'm very new to this forum)... what exactly are you trying to say Dude'? What do you mean by "Thread Comment", please enlighten me? -- If you are attempting to get stupid or be ignorant with me, lets cut to the chase,I would definitely LOVE to talk with you, if you have a real problem with anything I posted. Send me a note My Boyyyy!

Last edited by Ti-girl: 07-26-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Don't give out your email address. Seriously.
hipcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
I always take a few asprine and a large glass of water right before I go to bed and seem to wake up in great shape.....

Hockey the next morning is always a great thing!

Cappy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck View Post
Hey GENO 14,--

I'm talking to you Pal', and I'm being serious, (as you can see, I'm very new to this forum)... what exactly are you trying to say Dude'? What do you mean by "Thread Comment", please enlighten me? -- If you are attempting to get stupid or be ignorant with me, lets cut to the chase,... I would definitely LOVE to talk with you, if you have a real problem with anything I posted. Send me a note My Boyyyy!
Haha easy killa /thread just means this thread can get no better close thread

Last edited by Ti-girl: 07-26-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Don't give out your email address. Seriously.
Cappy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Devil Dancer

Usually the worse I feel before a game the better I play, so drink up.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 12:25 PM
noobman

I've tried it before... and I'm usually fine playing unless I ended up puking the night before (only happened once!)

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 03:01 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Hey GENO 14,--

I'm talking to you Pal', and I'm being serious, (as you can see, I'm very new to this forum)... what exactly are you trying to say Dude'? What do you mean by "Thread Comment", please enlighten me? -- If you are attempting to get stupid or be ignorant with me, lets cut to the chase,I would definitely LOVE to talk with you, if you have a real problem with anything I posted. Send me a note My Boyyyy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
Haha easy killa /thread just means this thread can get no better close thread
Pretty much dead on. I don't know why the hostility started.

By the way, I posted that, not Gino 14. So before you get hostile, make sure you're talking to the right person.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 03:02 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
I've tried it before... and I'm usually fine playing unless I ended up puking the night before (only happened once!)
I actually had a friend in roller hockey that wasn't feeling good from drinking the night before. He puked between the 1st and 2nd period. First period he was sluggish, as soon as he puked he started playing better.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Gino 14

Quote:
Hey GENO 14,--

Now I'm impressed.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 12:43 AM
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Well, the thing that helps me the most is to replenish fluids while drinking. Hangover = dehydration. You know what they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of... hairy dog. Or whatever. What I do is I have water and/or gatorade between drinks, and no hangovers.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 08:56 AM
firewagonHOCKEY

vCash: 50
Bah ! As long as I did not smoke 1 or 2 packs of smokes the night before I never had any problem playing sport the morning after. Gatorade or redbull a huge amount of coffee and water always does the trick for me. But then I never play any sport serious anymore.

BTW Hockey and Beer does make perfect sense. Hockey, beer and sauna even more so.

firewagonHOCKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 06:18 AM
roast

Haven't read everything in this thread...but playing is the best cure...in addition to drinking water.

roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Bruwinz37

Right before bed: 20 oz water, 4 advil, mult vitamin, bannana.

This is a lot, but it usually covers me up to 17-18 beers or so.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 04:34 PM
xercengetorix

Been there done that.... I play goalie so I definetly lose the hangover because i sweat it all out. The bad part is that i'm not 100% more like 80-90, so I kind of suck when i try to play with a hangover. Delayed reactions, affected depth preception, stumbling around, those things are bad for goalies... When I was in high school half the players were wasted or high for practices and hung over for games, ha ha, good times.

xercengetorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 04:02 PM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Hey GENO 14,--

I think hipcheck is still loaded.

Advice >

Just don't sober up at all and you never have to worry bout those nasty mornings.

Matter of fact you never have to worry bout anything , Pound away those beers and do enjoy.

I don't know but something about playing hockey and beer do go hand in hand but maybe it's better after the game.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Kotton

Powerade and Advil before bed.

I've heard Advil is better for the already assaulted liver than Tylenol.

Kotton is offline   Reply With Quote