HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

STL and COL

Old
08-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 500
STL and COL

Small deal. Nothing big.

TO COL: Dan Hinote

TO STL: 5th round pick

Hinote loved it in Colorado. Colorado fans seemed to love Hinote. Hinote is the odd man out is St. Louis. We have a plethora of young kids, Chris Porter, Nikolai Lemtyugov, and Yan Stastny stand out the most, that can take his place on the roster. Colorado get a gritty, all heart guy, who they love. Blues a draft pick and a roster spot.

Last edited by Randall Ritchey: 08-03-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemps View Post
Small deal. Nothing big.

Hinote loved it Colorado. Colorado fans seemed to love Hinote. Hinote is the odd man out is St. Louis. We have a plethora of young kids, Chris Porter, Nikolai Lemtyugov, and Yan Stastny stand out the most, that can take his place on the roster. Colorado get a gritty, all heart guy, who they love. Blues a draft pick and a roster spot.
Tough to make a spot for Danny, we're stocked with bottom 6 guys right now...

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Small deal. Nothing big.

Hinote loved it Colorado. Colorado fans seemed to love Hinote. Hinote is the odd man out is St. Louis. We have a plethora of young kids, Chris Porter, Nikolai Lemtyugov, and Yan Stastny stand out the most, that can take his place on the roster. Colorado get a gritty, all heart guy, who they love. Blues a draft pick and a roster spot.
I love Danny, but with Arnason, McLeod, McCormick, Parker, Guite, Lapperriere, Ledin and Willsie I don't know where he would fit.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 141
What they said. There's just no room.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Whats Colorado's current roster look like?

Old
08-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Small deal. Nothing big.

Hinote loved it in Colorado. Colorado fans seemed to love Hinote. Hinote is the odd man out is St. Louis. We have a plethora of young kids, Chris Porter, Nikolai Lemtyugov, and Yan Stastny stand out the most, that can take his place on the roster. Colorado get a gritty, all heart guy, who they love. Blues a draft pick and a roster spot.
I don't know about the deal, but Yan Stastny isn't exactly a "young kid" and he is basically an AHLer. Lemtyugov looks like a good prospect, but is playing him on the 4th line the best thing?

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
I'd take Hinote and have him replace Arnason to be honest.

Then again, I never liked Arnason so I'm biased.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I don't know about the deal, but Yan Stastny isn't exactly a "young kid" and he is basically an AHLer. Lemtyugov looks like a good prospect, but is playing him on the 4th line the best thing?
Don't watch the Blues much do you? Stastny is 25. Still young and he will be spending much time on the Blues 4th line. He's developed more since he left Boston. Blues forwards from Boston seem to do that. Lemtyugov, when he is called up, will most likely play on the 4th line. McClement as his center. They could connect on some very nice goals. I could see him getting 2nd PP time if he is playing well. Yes, it would be the best thing. But Porter is above Lemtyugov I would believe. Depends on if someone gets hurt and who it is who gets hurt.

Old
08-03-2008, 01:44 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Hejduk Stastny Smyth
Wolski Arnason Svatos
Tucker Guite Laperriere
McLeod McCormick Jones
Ledin

No real room for Hinote especially as Hensick might make the team too. Although overall pretty sad for a team where Tanguay and Drury once played 4th line minutes.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Grackle Party
Varls Barkley 2k12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderlizer View Post
I'd take Hinote and have him replace Arnason to be honest.

Then again, I never liked Arnason so I'm biased.
does anyone like Arnason?

Grackle Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Don't watch the Blues much do you? Stastny is 25. Still young and he will be spending much time on the Blues 4th line. He's developed more since he left Boston. Blues forwards from Boston seem to do that. Lemtyugov, when he is called up, will most likely play on the 4th line. McClement as his center. They could connect on some very nice goals. I could see him getting 2nd PP time if he is playing well. Yes, it would be the best thing. But Porter is above Lemtyugov I would believe. Depends on if someone gets hurt and who it is who gets hurt.
Actually I did watch the Blues a decent amount of times. I have Center Ice, and though they weren't first on my must see list, I did see them a few times.

Yan Stastny will be 26 before the season starts. I don't really consider that a "young kid". Most decent NHL players have established themselves to some extent by the time they are 26. Stastny is still on the AHL-NHL train for most of the season. He only managed to get in 12 games last year on a pretty bad team. I'm assuming the Blues will be a better team this year, so I don't see how he makes it. Sorry.

As I said I think Lemtyugov is the prospect of the bunch. But I think he would be better served playing on a top offensive line in Peoria for a bit more, rather than getting 4th line duty in the NHL. Replacing Hinote with Porter may not be a bad idea, but I think you are going to have a hard time finding someone to take Hinote. Most teams have guys like him already and I just don't see the demand.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 05:07 PM
fcpremix88

With Mayers and Johnson gone, I don't think the Blues will be trading Hinote until the deadline.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 05:12 PM
sonny side up

arny for hinote?

sonny side up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 05:27 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
As I said I think Lemtyugov is the prospect of the bunch. But I think he would be better served playing on a top offensive line in Peoria for a bit more, rather than getting 4th line duty in the NHL. Replacing Hinote with Porter may not be a bad idea, but I think you are going to have a hard time finding someone to take Hinote. Most teams have guys like him already and I just don't see the demand.
That has been my line of thinking since seeing Lemtyugov play a few times. He would be wasted in the NHL if he is on the 4th line.

He will be at least a 3rd liner...and would not be shocked to see him sneak up on the top 2 lines as well someday.

Like Chiodos said, with Mayers and RJ gone now. And Porter and Stastny needing to prove themselves on a consistant level in the NHL...we will need Hinote this year.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 05:38 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny side up View Post
arny for hinote?
I'm pretty sure every avs fan thought this after reading the first post

falconski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Actually I did watch the Blues a decent amount of times. I have Center Ice, and though they weren't first on my must see list, I did see them a few times.

Yan Stastny will be 26 before the season starts. I don't really consider that a "young kid". Most decent NHL players have established themselves to some extent by the time they are 26. Stastny is still on the AHL-NHL train for most of the season. He only managed to get in 12 games last year on a pretty bad team. I'm assuming the Blues will be a better team this year, so I don't see how he makes it. Sorry.

Hey, super star Jeff Finger says hello

He made the NHL full time at 28.

Old
08-03-2008, 05:50 PM
On Axis
Mad Vlad

Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Quote:
arny for hinote?
This would pretty much be a parallel move. The purpose of the proposal was to open up a spot on the roster, not trade a grinder for another fourth liner.

As for Stastny, I thought he looked decent in his stint last year. He looked good defensively, and his offensive instincts weren't bad either (not saying they're great, though). We'll see how he does at training camp, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him in the lineup come opening day, or at least as the 17th or 18th forward.

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
This would pretty much be a parallel move. The purpose of the proposal was to open up a spot on the roster, not trade a grinder for another fourth liner.

As for Stastny, I thought he looked decent in his stint last year. He looked good defensively, and his offensive instincts weren't bad either (not saying they're great, though). We'll see how he does at training camp, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him in the lineup come opening day, or at least as the 17th or 18th forward.
To be fair, Arnason is a "2nd liner" that is too inconsistent to really be lock for a 2nd line and ends up shuffling around between the 2nd and 3rd lines. He is a pure scoring center, not a checking center like Hinote.

Old
08-03-2008, 10:08 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Any chance Avs could get Yan? Having another generation of Stastnys would be awesome.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 10:57 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
Any chance Avs could get Yan? Having another generation of Stastnys would be awesome.
arny and a 5th for Yan?

falconski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
arny and a 5th for Yan?
No....

Old
08-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
Tough to make a spot for Danny, we're stocked with bottom 6 guys right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
I love Danny, but with Arnason, McLeod, McCormick, Parker, Guite, Lapperriere, Ledin and Willsie I don't know where he would fit.
Agreed. We are loaded with bottom 6 guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr1337 View Post
does anyone like Arnason?
No!

Quote:
arny for hinote?
Now we're getting somewhere! We dump our garbage for a gritty fan favorite!

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Don't watch the Blues much do you? Stastny is 25. Still young and he will be spending much time on the Blues 4th line. He's developed more since he left Boston. Blues forwards from Boston seem to do that.
1. Stastny isn't going to spend much time on the 4th line with the Blues this season.
2. Boyes did that, ....... are there other ex-Bruins I'm missing, or are we going back to Dave Christian and Craig Janney?

Quote:
Lemtyugov, when he is called up, will most likely play on the 4th line. McClement as his center. They could connect on some very nice goals. I could see him getting 2nd PP time if he is playing well. Yes, it would be the best thing. But Porter is above Lemtyugov I would believe. Depends on if someone gets hurt and who it is who gets hurt.
Dr Quincy is absolutely right - Lemtyugov is better served getting 18-20 minutes a night at Peoria than 6-8 minutes in the NHL. Putting him on the 4th line for the Blues is a bad idea in 2008-09.

08-04-2008, 12:23 AM
On Axis
Mad Vlad

Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
To be fair, Arnason is a "2nd liner" that is too inconsistent to really be lock for a 2nd line and ends up shuffling around between the 2nd and 3rd lines. He is a pure scoring center, not a checking center like Hinote.
Fair enough. If the Blues were to put Arnason in a position where he would be effective though, such as the second line, he'd be taking away valuable ice time from younger guys like Perron, Stempniak, Oshie, and Berglund. At this point in the youth movement, I don't think Arnason would fit in well, IMO.

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote