HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Taylor Pyatt

Old
08-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I won't pick on you for your double negative. However, 2nd rounders at the deadline tend to go for proven vets who can provide a bump as the playoffs approach. Sometimes they also go for very valuable role players. Pyatt is neither. He is a decent depth guy who might could get you 35 - 40 points with the right linemates.

In terms of the playoffs, he offers neither scoring, grit, nor especially effective defense. I don't see him as the kind of player who attracts the typical deadline overpayments.

If the Nucks were to give up a 2nd rounder for a player at Pyatt's level right now, you guys would be pretty annoyed.

I'll continue to peg his value around what the Nucks paid - perhaps a bit more (like a 3rd rounder - maybe).
Agree with this. IMO, Pyatt is worth a 2nd rounder in terms of impact for the Canucks, but it's certainly not anything close to what he would actually get. Which is why I would hate to trade him, especially for a salary dump. He's more important to this team's success than most people think.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote