HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Outside looking in?........Jamtin, Nedved, Korpikoski?

Old
08-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Outside looking in?........Jamtin, Nedved, Korpikoski?

Ok so yea Nedved is a severe long shot

And yes I know Jamtin has a two way deal BUT does anyone think Jamtin makes the team?........Also what about Korpikoski

Of course I have not mentioned others

With this I am a big Petr Prucha supporter BUT I would be ok with a Prucha, Moore , Betts, pick deal if it brought a Top 6 young winger in

They do have some extra bodies to move

on the other hand it is nice to have Depth in Hartford that are real close

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Fletch

vitto...

if by top 6 you're talking about a 23 year old who's already been a 20 goal scorer, then I'd say that package doesn't net that guy. Perhaps a nice third line grinder/defensive type + something else, but this team has enough of them.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Why would we trade Betts?

He isn't making THAT much more then his replacement...Infact if you replace Betts with Rissmiller or Korpikoski then those players are making more then Betts...

The only way Jamtin or Korpikoski make the team is if there is an injury. No matter how many times we look at the roster the same 23 names keep popping up as the guys that will be around in Prague...

Nedved was a liability two years ago but two years older he's going to be a better player? Even if Nedved looks like Wayne Gretzky in exhibition games for the most part he isn't going to be playing against another teams complete roster....how can we even bring his name into the equation?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Why would we trade Betts?

He isn't making THAT much more then his replacement...Infact if you replace Betts with Rissmiller or Korpikoski then those players are making more then Betts...

The only way Jamtin or Korpikoski make the team is if there is an injury. No matter how many times we look at the roster the same 23 names keep popping up as the guys that will be around in Prague...

Nedved was a liability two years ago but two years older he's going to be a better player? Even if Nedved looks like Wayne Gretzky in exhibition games for the most part he isn't going to be playing against another teams complete roster....how can we even bring his name into the equation?
I agree BUT like most I wonder are they going to use the depth to get something in the top 6 to round it out

Betts would be dealt if they could get a top 6 out of it.....Prucha has less value I know but some team would like him..........a guy like Moore should make an NHL team in my books...............and a 2nd rounder per say

Likely a dream I know........well Hartford will be good upfront at least

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 05:40 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

It pisses me off that Korp isn't going to be on the team. The guy is ready, and he's my favorite prospect.

The team has way too much depth, which I love...and hate.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 05:45 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
It pisses me off that Korp isn't going to be on the team. The guy is ready, and he's my favorite prospect.

The team has way too much depth, which I love...and hate.
why did we sign rismiller?? he is another marcel hossa, i watch alot of sharks games, he will do something but only once a month. voros is signed cause he brings size grit toughness and goes to the net. korpikoski can do the same as rismiller and more. does anyone understand the rissmiller signing??

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I agree BUT like most I wonder are they going to use the depth to get something in the top 6 to round it out

Betts would be dealt if they could get a top 6 out of it.....Prucha has less value I know but some team would like him..........a guy like Moore should make an NHL team in my books...............and a 2nd rounder per say

Likely a dream I know........well Hartford will be good upfront at least
I'm not sure who would give up a top 6 forward for that package though...Think about it...would you want the Rangers to accept that package for a top 6 forward?

Maybe at the deadline if the Rangers through in another prospect but in August....no way a team is giving up a top 6 forward for that sort of package...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 05:54 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

And yes I know Jamtin has a two way deal BUT does anyone think Jamtin makes the team?........Also what about Korpikoski

With this I am a big Petr Prucha supporter BUT I would be ok with a Prucha, Moore , Betts, pick deal if it brought a Top 6 young winger in

What top 6 young winger do you think you're getting for Prucha, Betts, Moore and pick (it would have to be at least a 2nd)? Quantity does not equal quality.

The biggest thing working against Korpikoski is his salary.

08-05-2008, 05:54 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubinskyNYR17 View Post
why did we sign rismiller?? he is another marcel hossa, i watch alot of sharks games, he will do something but only once a month. voros is signed cause he brings size grit toughness and goes to the net. korpikoski can do the same as rismiller and more. does anyone understand the rissmiller signing??
Not at all. Rissmiller is the only signing that made me say, "*** was Sather thinking?"

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 06:07 PM
otto1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What top 6 young winger do you think you're getting for Prucha, Betts, Moore and pick (it would have to be at least a 2nd)? Quantity does not equal quality.

The biggest thing working against Korpikoski is his salary.
bingo, otherwise i think he would have a solidified shot at the team, but right now his salary is a huge disadvantage.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 06:13 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Not at all. Rissmiller is the only signing that made me say, "*** was Sather thinking?"
I think Voros will be a fan fav and I think Rissmiller will be booed out of NYR.

Old
08-05-2008, 06:31 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubinskyNYR17 View Post
Just because we signed Rissmiller doesn't mean he's going to make the team. If someone else is better, then that someone will play. Teams don't just take 23 guys to camp and say "that's our team". And they don't assume that prospects are going to fill spots in the lineup (because they may not be ready). They bring other players in to create competition for those spots and if the prospects earn the spots, then they will play.

Of course there are limits to the number of spots that are open for competition, but there are enough to ensure that if a player like Korpikoski shows that he's ready, then he will be in the lineup. Other players can be sent down to Hartford or traded.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

By pick I presume you mean a useless 4th rounder.

But Prucha, Moore and #1 can bring back a 25 year old 25-goal scorer.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
By pick I presume you mean a useless 4th rounder.

But Prucha, Moore and #1 can bring back a 25 year old 25-goal scorer.
I'm sorry but isn't that what Prucha is? So you wanna add in Moore and a 1st to get the same type of player in Prucha?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 07:52 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Just because we signed Rissmiller doesn't mean he's going to make the team. If someone else is better, then that someone will play. Teams don't just take 23 guys to camp and say "that's our team". And they don't assume that prospects are going to fill spots in the lineup (because they may not be ready). They bring other players in to create competition for those spots and if the prospects earn the spots, then they will play.

Of course there are limits to the number of spots that are open for competition, but there are enough to ensure that if a player like Korpikoski shows that he's ready, then he will be in the lineup. Other players can be sent down to Hartford or traded.
i doubt sather paid rissmiller 1 mil to sit in hartford. rissmiller is an nhl player.

Old
08-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I'm sorry but isn't that what Prucha is? So you wanna add in Moore and a 1st to get the same type of player in Prucha?
Actually, Prucha is a 7-goal scorer, last I checked.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 09:20 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
By that logic, Dawes and Cally are kids who can't stick an whole season in the NHL...

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
By that logic, Dawes and Cally are kids who can't stick an whole season in the NHL...
Which right now, they are not.

I don't understand what is wrong with my logic. Did not Prucha score only 7 goals last season, or did I miss something?

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:50 PM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
59 goals over 3 years = just under 20 goals per season....

I love the unabashed hatred against Petr at times....

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:08 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post

No kidding. I guess some people expect Prucha to score 25 goals playing with Betts and Hollweg.

You put Prucha on a scoring line with players who can get him the puck....along with some PP time.....Prucha would be scoring 25-30 goals again.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:22 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post

Or you can look at a guy who's production has decreased every year he's been in the league.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:37 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
Or you can look at a guy who's production has decreased every year he's been in the league.

...along with his even strength and power play time.

Playing time and production are directly proportional.

Old
08-06-2008, 12:29 AM
mti79

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
...along with his even strength and power play time.

Playing time and production are directly proportional.
exactly... hard to score when you're sitting on the bench... or up in the pressbox. Admittedly, I am a Prucha fan but I also consider myself to be a fair observer. I am not saying that Prucha will be able to score 40+ goals per season, but I would like him to get a fair shake at ice time w/PP time and see if he can get back to his 20+ goal form. If he can, than his $1.6 M contract won't look so bad. If he can't, then cut bait. But he didn't score 52 goals in 2 years by accident and they weren't all because Jagr was on the team.

Old
08-06-2008, 12:47 AM
czechmate25

Obviously signing Shanny was a good team move but Prucha's PP time was completley cut off after Shanahan joined the team. Petr scored 16 of his 30 goals on the PP his rookie season....the following season, he didn't see hardly any PP time....and it decreased even more last year. Moreover, instead of playing with quality players, he was playing on the 3rd or 4th line when he wasn't scratched. I can't see how anyone would expect Prucha to put up good numbers under those conditions.

With the state of the team now, he should be playing on the 2nd line and getting some PP time. If he doesn't produce this year, then I agree....trade him. But lets see what happens this year.

Old
08-06-2008, 01:07 AM
mti79

Oh, and for the people saying Prucha's production was all because of Jagr than here are the facts:
2005-06: 30 goals. 16 w/o Jagr assists, 9 w/primary, 5 w/secondary.
2006-07: 22 goals. 13 w/o Jagr assists, 7 w/primary, 2 w/secondary.
2007-08: 7 goals. 6 w/o Jagr assists, 0 w/primary, 1 w/secondary.

Is this definitive? No. I can't tell whether Jags was on the ice or not based on this and if his presence made any difference. Just pointing out that Jagr did not register an assist in 35 of his 59 goals, had a primary assist in 16, and a secondary assist in 8.