HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parrish to Dallas

Old
08-04-2008, 10:50 PM
catters078

vCash: 500
Parrish to Dallas

Sorry i havent got a link or anything, but ive been hearing whispers that Dallas has some interest in him, theres been discussion on the dallas board about the pros and cons...but i was just wondering if anyone had any sources or links for rumours on this guys movement,

hes very cheap and i think hes a handy 3rd/4th liner...i wouldnt mind him in Dallas

(he averages 23 goals a year throughout his career...not bad)

Can anyone provide anything?

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 11:03 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
They have less than 1 mill in cap space, so I don't know how they're going to do it. Would be a nice pickup though if he does better than he has recently.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 627
I'd rather the spare cap room was saved, and his spot instead went to a deserving prospect.

Parrish might just end up being another Ladislav Nagy, something this team doesn't need....again.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Mortal Fear*

Who did you hear whispers from? Someone who would actually know? Or just a fan who's man enough to admit that it's his own idea?

Mortal Fear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 12:50 AM
john skull

I really hope not. Past his prime, slow, not great on the d side of the puck. We have little cap space and rookies to play. No thanks.

john skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 01:27 AM
catters078

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
I'd rather the spare cap room was saved, and his spot instead went to a deserving prospect.

Parrish might just end up being another Ladislav Nagy, something this team doesn't need....again.

quite different to nagy..we traded a first round pick for nagy and got like 1 goal, as a 2 month rental...

this would be signing a 31 year old (whos not past his prime still quite serviceable) who has scored 29+ goals twice and averages 23...who we could get for 800K to 1m...

Dallas has 3 sophmores on D, a rookie in Brunstrom and a 3rd yearer in eriksson already in their line up, why not add some experience if its cheap, i dont see much of a low side to it...

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by catters078 View Post
quite different to nagy..we traded a first round pick for nagy and got like 1 goal, as a 2 month rental...

this would be signing a 31 year old (whos not past his prime still quite serviceable) who has scored 29+ goals twice and averages 23...who we could get for 800K to 1m...

Dallas has 3 sophmores on D, a rookie in Brunstrom and a 3rd yearer in eriksson already in their line up, why not add some experience if its cheap, i dont see much of a low side to it...
While Parrish won't cost the Stars anything off their roster (besides the ice time of a younger, arguably more promising winger) the way Nagy did, I'm just predicting a similar amount of non-productivity, which we'd notice all season long, and gripe about until he's traded, waived, or sent packing in a year.

And moreso, in this offseason of overpayment, I'm willing to bet Parrish signs for well over $1 mil per season.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 01:38 AM
________

vCash: 100
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
It was mentioned on KFAN the other day, the Stars and Predators were mentioned as teams with interest.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 01:56 AM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
It was mentioned on KFAN the other day, the Stars and Predators were mentioned as teams with interest.
not to mention the stars beat writer Mike Heika has speculated on the matter. There is no clear evidence but people inside the hockey world are talking about it

now it's clear to me that Parrish would not start on the top 2 lines if he went to Dallas (I say start because Tippet juggles the lines every other night with oftentimes hilarious results), so I guess the question is could Parrish be effective with 3rd or 4th line minutes + PP time (possibly)

I don't know if there's 1 mill in salary I would mind giving up for Mark Parrish on the team If he came in surely someone like Boucher or Ott would have to go

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Parrish is not as bad as Nagy but he will provide nothing to Dallas. Dallas is better off keeping the remaining cap space and having a prospect move up...possible Raymond Sawada.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
not to mention the stars beat writer Mike Heika has speculated on the matter. There is no clear evidence but people inside the hockey world are talking about it

now it's clear to me that Parrish would not start on the top 2 lines if he went to Dallas (I say start because Tippet juggles the lines every other night with oftentimes hilarious results), so I guess the question is could Parrish be effective with 3rd or 4th line minutes + PP time (possibly)

I don't know if there's 1 mill in salary I would mind giving up for Mark Parrish on the team If he came in surely someone like Boucher or Ott would have to go
Didn't they just extend Ott's contract? Really, I don't think signing Parrish at the cost of Boucher is a bright idea.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 06:34 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

for parrish to be effective, he has to play top 6 minutes. That being said, he's awfully streaky.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Didn't they just extend Ott's contract? Really, I don't think signing Parrish at the cost of Boucher is a bright idea.
yeah, but Dallas is already over their self-imposed cap so I'm assuming somebody would have to go out to bring Parrish in. I was just trying to think of who that might be

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote