HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor / TB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2008, 11:27 PM
  #26
DelVecchio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsAlive View Post
According to the Leafs haters...err non-Leafs fans around here at HF, Kubina is only worth a new pair of shoes and maybe a seventh round pick!
Kubina will retire as a Leaf.

When he re-signs in 2010 he'll give them a hometown discount and decline a raise, playing for his current $5,000,000.00 per season.

His Number will be retired and his jersey will be hung between the pictures of Harold Ballard and JFJ.

They will rename the ACC to Pavel Kubina Center.

DelVecchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 09:44 AM
  #27
chef223
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
The rumor of Mccabe to TB is back and apparently it is for Jussi Jokinen. I think that TB would have to add more to the deal for salary reasons and the other rumor was Jeff Halpern was on the block.
http://hockeybums.blogspot.com/

chef223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 10:24 AM
  #28
All_blueandwhite
Registered User
 
All_blueandwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Off all the defenders that could be used to improve TB's defense, I don't think mccabe is one that they're extremely high on. but hey, i've been wrong before.

and i'm pretty sure they don't want to trade a UFA they just signed, meaning Halpern would prob have to be coming back as well as jokinen if they want to have room.

anyways, i don't mind trading Kubina for jokinen and a 2nd. I'm not really interested in quick TBH. Although i'm kind of hoping for more of a prospect and less of a pick...

All_blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 10:30 AM
  #29
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust
 
cupcrazyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,359
vCash: 500
isn't Quick in jail for stealing credit cards ???

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 10:35 AM
  #30
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,044
vCash: 500
As a die-hard Lightning fan, the only defenseman I'd be interested in bringing to Tampa is the only one that won't be dealt, Tomas Kaberle.

McCabe, Kubina, Finger, Colaiacovo, White....keep'em. No thanks.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 10:37 AM
  #31
All_blueandwhite
Registered User
 
All_blueandwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
As a die-hard Lightning fan, the only defenseman I'd be interested in bringing to Tampa is the only one that won't be dealt, Tomas Kaberle.

McCabe, Kubina, Finger, Colaiacovo, White....keep'em. No thanks.

And unless Stamkos is coming our way, I don't think he'll be heading south anytime soon.

All_blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 11:23 AM
  #32
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 13,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef223 View Post
The rumor of Mccabe to TB is back and apparently it is for Jussi Jokinen. I think that TB would have to add more to the deal for salary reasons and the other rumor was Jeff Halpern was on the block.
http://hockeybums.blogspot.com/
I find it hard to believe anyone would want Halpern right now when he's currently rehabing his knee injury and won't be back before December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
isn't Quick in jail for stealing credit cards ???
He was at the Lightning's prospect camp last week. I don't believe there has been a trial for that yet.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 02:59 PM
  #33
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,568
vCash: 500
im not really sure why the boltz would want McCabe. hes not really that great defensively, and with Kuba, Ranger, Carle, and our offense, we really dont need him to score goals. and you can hardly call Len Barrie and Bryan McCabe friends.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 03:35 PM
  #34
Sotnos
Registered User
 
Sotnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not here
Posts: 10,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef223 View Post
The rumor of Mccabe to TB is back and apparently it is for Jussi Jokinen. I think that TB would have to add more to the deal for salary reasons and the other rumor was Jeff Halpern was on the block.
http://hockeybums.blogspot.com/
Do you have a decent source for this, something besides some blog? I haven't heard this McCabe business anywhere else. It's a terrible idea to begin with and as people have pointed out already Halpern will be in rehab for months.

__________________
Boltprospects: Your online source for Tampa Bay Lightning Prospect News
Sotnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 06:52 PM
  #35
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?
 
Butchered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 501
Country: United States
Posts: 4,319
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_blueandwhite View Post
And unless Stamkos is coming our way, I don't think he'll be heading south anytime soon.
LOL yeah. It would take a prospect the caliber of Stamkos to get freakin Kaberle. I mean, I get what you're trying to say, but I just wish people could make their point without going overboard just for the sake of doing it.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 07:21 PM
  #36
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsAlive* View Post
Kubina is only worth a new pair of shoes and maybe a seventh round pick!
I would agree with that.

OptimismRestrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2008, 09:39 PM
  #37
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
LOL yeah. It would take a prospect the caliber of Stamkos to get freakin Kaberle. I mean, I get what you're trying to say, but I just wish people could make their point without going overboard just for the sake of doing it.
Kaberle for Stamkos is in no way a ridiculous overpayment from either side. You get one of the best D-men signed at one of the best contracts, still in his prime. You lose a top prospect. Obviously TB wouldn't do this, but value isn't that far off, regardless of what our youth-obsessed posters might tell you

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:18 PM
  #38
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?
 
Butchered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 501
Country: United States
Posts: 4,319
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Kaberle for Stamkos is in no way a ridiculous overpayment from either side. You get one of the best D-men signed at one of the best contracts, still in his prime. You lose a top prospect. Obviously TB wouldn't do this, but value isn't that far off, regardless of what our youth-obsessed posters might tell you
A perfectly reasonable deal could be made for Kaberle without adding the likes of a prospect the caliber of Stamkos. I like Kaberle and certainly wouldn't mind having him on the squad, but if you think ANY team in the league would give up a prospect the quality of Stamkos to seal the deal for him, you are incorrect.

"And unless Stamkos is coming our way"

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:28 PM
  #39
Canuckle
West Coast Express
 
Canuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Kaberle for Stamkos is in no way a ridiculous overpayment from either side. You get one of the best D-men signed at one of the best contracts, still in his prime. You lose a top prospect. Obviously TB wouldn't do this, but value isn't that far off, regardless of what our youth-obsessed posters might tell you
No man, that is wayyyyyy overpayment. Kaberle's value is good but not Stamkos good.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:34 PM
  #40
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
A perfectly reasonable deal could be made for Kaberle without adding the likes of a prospect the caliber of Stamkos. I like Kaberle and certainly wouldn't mind having him on the squad, but if you think ANY team in the league would give up a prospect the quality of Stamkos to seal the deal for him, you are incorrect.

"And unless Stamkos is coming our way"
I'm not going to argue semantics with you, so sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
No man, that is wayyyyyy overpayment. Kaberle's value is good but not Stamkos good.
Yup, because players never bust. Think what you want, but you'll never convince me that a player who hasn't played a game yet is worth more than a player who is top-10 in the league at his position and in his prime at a great price. I won't try to convince you either, because this is HF and age trumps evidence.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:39 PM
  #41
chef223
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
If there is any truth to the Mccabe to TB rumors , I will be happy to take back Jokinen, a prospect and a pick. I honestly hope that if Mccabe refuses to waive , that Cliff can get a better package for Kubina.

chef223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:41 PM
  #42
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef223 View Post
If there is any truth to the Mccabe to TB rumors , I will be happy to take back Jokinen, a prospect and a pick. I honestly hope that if Mccabe refuses to waive , that Cliff can get a better package for Kubina.
I would be stoked to see Kubina moved instead of McCabe. Seeing as how much better McCabe is.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:13 PM
  #43
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
As a die-hard Lightning fan, the only defenseman I'd be interested in bringing to Tampa is the only one that won't be dealt, Tomas Kaberle.

McCabe, Kubina, Finger, Colaiacovo, White....keep'em. No thanks.
Have you heard of Anton Stralman?

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:16 PM
  #44
dubey
~manlets~
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Have you heard of Anton Stralman?
Let's be realistic here.

Ian White could play on Tampa's first D pairing.

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:18 PM
  #45
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Let's be realistic here.

Ian White could play on Tampa's first D pairing.


I know

I wouldn't give up Stralman

But the point was he said he didnt want any of our defenceman's expect Kaberle.

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 12:16 PM
  #46
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Have you heard of Anton Stralman?
of course, the NHL veteran of 50 games...thats just what Tampa needs, another inexperienced defenseman. Like I said, the only one I'd be interested in is Kaberle and hes not being moved.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.